VITAS

SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

Recommended Posts

The DC will do some work on their storage infrastructure. I will have to take everything offline while theyre at it:

Start:          16. October 2019 07:00:00 CEST
End:           16. October 2019 17:00:00 CEST (estimate)

 

Update:

Ill start booting everything again now (Hope theyre done).

 

 

Renaming Mod names is problematic because of Links and so on.

If you still want to you could make  a "new" mod.

 

Header images are both used in so many different ways that there isnt realy a "good" reolution. YOu can go by 16:9 and 1080p but that changes depending on window size (I need to make that more fixed i know).

Edited by VITAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent timing, @VITAS ;)
KSP v1.8.0 Moar Boosters just released a couple hours ago...

Note to all mod devs hosting there, TiktaalikDreaming updated SD to reflect v1.8.0.
Thanx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stone Blue said:

Excellent timing, @VITAS ;)
KSP v1.8.0 Moar Boosters just released a couple hours ago...

Note to all mod devs hosting there, TiktaalikDreaming updated SD to reflect v1.8.0.
Thanx!

Like a well oild explosion of clockworks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick! Can someone call an horologist?!

Edited by VITAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In moments like this i imagine how much fun it would be to sit around a table in RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, VITAS said:

In moments like this i imagine how much fun it would be to sit around a table in RL.

:)

Just a planet between us friend. Nothing a ballistic flight can't fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i was thinking about flying to Canada next yer (if time and money allows it). I dont want to visit the USA until there is a sane person in power again :)

I also still want to visit Darklight in Australia but i dread the flight.

 

 

But ill do a KSP meetup in Leipzig /Germany this year again.

Its at my computer clubs yearly meetup between Christmas and new year:
 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Communication_Congress

Ill  help you guys find tickets if you want.

 

Take2/Squad should rely do that Kerbalcon (especialy with KSP2 coming) and invite me to it. :>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Yes, i was thinking about flying to Canada next yer (if time and money allows it). I dont want to visit the USA until there is a sane person in power again :)

I also still want to visit Darklight in Australia but i dread the flight.

 

 

But ill do a KSP meetup in Leipzig /Germany this year again.

Its at my computer clubs yearly meetup between Christmas and new year:
 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Communication_Congress

Ill  help you guys find tickets if you want.

 

Take2/Squad should rely do that Kerbalcon (especialy with KSP2 coming) and invite me to it. :>

Yeah, I keep thinking of an Australian meet up, but I'm not even where most Australians are, and there's a few thousand km between places. And then there's the pets. Ain't no turtle kennels around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would face a 20+h flight and it would cost at least 2-3k €

I would have to fly to Dubai then be 16h or so nonstop in the air till i get to Sidney and then fly out from there to wherever. Im not sure if i can survive that in economy class :D

 

Even if i couldnt attend you can organize something in a location that you and others could reach easily.
I know there was a German meetup at an air museum once.

I think that the years we have spend together in this community should give us reason to put more effort into meeting than we would with the usual virtual contacts.

I also think if the Minecraft community gets to meetup all the time we should also be able to.

Edited by VITAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's a pig. I've flown to Wein from Brisbane. Down to Sydney, then Dubai, then Austria. And a few weeks later, the whole thing in reverse. The other side of the planet is a pain to get to, even in this day and age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

while I am here in this thread.

Thank you for Spacedock.

Is there a way to rename a mod? Example: "Training Lab" --> "Field Training Lab"?

what is the best size for header images?

---

I have been added as an author to several mods on Spacedock, but these mods do not show up on my profile? Can/will this be fixed?

Forgot to answer the second half of the question:
Must be a bug. Can you write me the username and th emods in question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time i was in Australia i had the luck to fly business class. But that was in the 90s :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Yeah, it's a pig. I've flown to Wein from Brisbane. Down to Sydney, then Dubai, then Austria. And a few weeks later, the whole thing in reverse. The other side of the planet is a pain to get to, even in this day and age.

I think my worst started in a small remote airstrip in Alaska, flew to CONUS, then to UK, then to Naples. It wasn't the distance, it was the layovers - 3 days. AND they left my luggage on the tarmac.

I regularly have flights >20 hours in the air. I also don't sit for most of it. Still, I enjoy (most) of it.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:02 AM, VITAS said:

Renaming Mod names is problematic because of Links and so on.

If you still want to you could make  a "new" mod.

 

Header images are both used in so many different ways that there isnt realy a "good" reolution. YOu can go by 16:9 and 1080p but that changes depending on window size (I need to make that more fixed i know).

How about allowing a second image to be uploaded for the 'thumbnail' images?

6 hours ago, VITAS said:

Forgot to answer the second half of the question:
Must be a bug. Can you write me the username and th emods in question?

Mods: Training Lab, Field Training Facility

Username: zer0Kerbal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My worst flight was when i got into a stormsystem back when i was flying Sailplanes. Theres a realy strong Thermic in front of such cloud systems that shoot you upwards. Everything was gray and full of rain and i gained 4km of altitude in minutes. We luckely had oxygen on board (You have that only if you try to do so called "altitude diamonds" aka trying to fly exceptionaly high. The person who had flown before us had tried to fly above 3600m (Thats where you legaly req. to use oxygen).
It also gets realy cold.

The whole process of being in the clouds,being like a feather blowing here and there and its up to you to get yourself home is something that made me more than a bit afraid.

In terms of commercial flights: the worst one i had was with Kazakhstan Airways at the beginning of the 90s. if Airoflot was scary back in Sowjet times you can imagine what happens if you fly with an airline that gets the old planes from Airoflot: :D

 

I want to do the second image thing. If youre Python is up to it you could implement that ( The code is on Github).

 

Ill take a look at your mod problem later tomorrow. :)

Edited by VITAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VITAS said:

I want to do the second image thing. If youre Python is up to it you could implement that ( The code is on Github).

unfortunately my python is still in the egg.

 

4 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Ill take a look at your mod problem later tomorrow.

thank you. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could change the python thing. I learned python just to do SD stuff  (and then forget half of it again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VITAS said:

You could change the python thing. I learned python just to do SD stuff  (and then forget half of it again).

it is on my list. learning the language isn't the difficult part - it is learning the api's etc.

example: for ODFC (On Demand Fuel Cells) I know what I want to do, even pseudo-coded it in C#, just takes time to plug through the Unity/KSP API's to get it done. love the challenge, but am limited in a valuable resource called time. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i know. SD uses "Flask".

Fact is, that i would be very happy for someone to implement that because sadly i dont have time for it.

IF you would know php or/and vue.js i could use also a hand. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DStaal I've just notified quite a few of the peeps involved with SD by other means, of your post... Hopefully it will be addressed very Soon™ ;)

Good catch :thumbs_up:

Edited by Stone Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.