Missing Functionality From Previous Version

This is a thread to list all missing functionality from the previous console version of KSP.  

I know we are all frustrated with Enhanced Edition but let's try to keep things civil and informative.  Please be as detailed as possible.

Console Xbox One

The current issues that bother me most are:

1.  Lack of physical time warp in space.  When pressing LB/RB and B to increase time warp, the game assumes you mean 5x time warp rather than physical time warp while in space.  While in atmosphere the same input allows for physical time warp, and if you exit an atmosphere while warping between 2x, 3x or 4x you continue at the same warp rate in space.  Clearly the game is capable of allowing physical timewarp in space, but there is no input specifically for physical timewarp.

2.  Unable to choose a specific SAS orientation (prograde, radial ect.) through a submenu.  When SAS is selected by pressing Left on the D pad it simply toggles SAS on or off.  This requires you to use the cursor to select an icon next to the NAV bubble to set a specific attitude for your spacecraft.  This is less efficient then the previous setup.  Additionally it is usually at a time sensitive, dangerous, or mission critical segment of the mission that the player needs to set a specific SAS setting.  Using the cursor means you do not have control of your craft for a few seconds and usually ends in a less-than-optimal outcome.

3.  Camera controls in the VAB/SPH.  In the previous version it was possible to hold X and use the Left Stick to maneuver the camera in the SPH.  This was superior to the current setup of choosing between Scroll and Rotate by pressing LB and clicking the Right Stick.  Pressing X and moving the Left Stick does not have any special function in the Enhanced Edition and I would ask that developers return the ability to control the camera by holding X and Left Stick.  Also as a side note I would suggest the ability to return the camera to center with the press of a button.

I would like to close by saying that I really do like the Enhanced Edition and I am looking forward to future updates.  The reason for the discontent in the console community is simply due to a lack of communication.  I think the player base would be VERY happy if the developers simply list the bugs and issues that they are aware of and state that they are working to rectify them.  When this post is read by a developer/member of troubleshooting team if you could please leave a comment stating that the issues listed have now been identified we would also greatly appreciate that.

Thank you kindly, PixelGranny

Hi, im playing on PS4 and using radial controls.

2. You have submenu for sas orientation. Press L1+triangle (LB+Y). 

3. Took me a while to get a hang of camera controls in VAB. Most frustrating was moving up & down when building tall rockets as I couldnt figure out how to do this. You hold R2 (RT) and then move the camera.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:34 PM, PixelGranny said:

1.  Lack of physical time warp in space. .

2.  Unable to choose a specific SAS orientation (prograde, radial ect.) through a submenu.

3.  Camera controls in the VAB/SPH.

Yes, all three.

I understand some control changes would be inevitable, but some things like changing the camera view in the VAB seem unnecessary.

There are a big pile of control inputs required to play this game and only so many buttons on the controller.

Cheers!

I want my node/surface attach gizmo back  in the SPH/VAB...

its a real pain in the engine nozzle to be trying to put something like a satellite onto a docking port in a cargo bay or stack fuel tanks horizontally on the sides of a hull and the darned thing won't snap to a node.   NO!!! you infernal machine, I want that science junior on the interior bulkhead node... not all cattywumpus  on the floor! 

that gizmo made it ALOT easier to put things where I wanted. 

oh, yeah - I also would like precision controls to actually WORK... because loading 15G on a plane at Hypersonic speeds is a really DUMB idea. all I really want is to pitch up 5 degrees... not try to do a 16 kps Pugachev Cobra!

FYI,  when you turn on precision flight controls the pitch/yaw/roll indicators turn blue...like they are supposed to...  and stop taking control inputs... which they aren't.   

Edited by Farm Buyer
evidently the "P" word that refers to urination is a bad word... so I changed it to "pain in the engine nozzle" because Liquidator just doesn't fit my level of irritation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.