[1.12.x] Animated Decouplers 1.5.0

Starwaster

21 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@AlphaMensae why are you using Animated Decouplers instead of stock LaunchClamp which is designed for this?

The whole Saturn Mobile Launcher is made up of separate components for use with a variety of rockets, so the arms are individual parts, using B9PS for mesh-switching among various styles. The Mobile Launcher Base itself is free-standing and not a launch clamp, but I do have other pads and launch stands that are launch clamps, but they use separate towers and umbilicals/arms as well....that's the "Modular" part of the name. :)

Originally the animations were only manually activated, but a way to have them staged was requested, so I used Animated Decouplers as an alternate option.  It worked fine through 1.3.1, and only now in 1.5.1/1.6.1 one Saturn arm in particular is resetting itself after being staged. The two types of Saturn arms are mostly indentical in setup, only differing in mesh-switching options, and use identical animations, but with different names.

8 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

The whole Saturn Mobile Launcher is made up of separate components for use with a variety of rockets, so the arms are individual parts, using B9PS for mesh-switching among various styles. The Mobile Launcher Base itself is free-standing and not a launch clamp, but I do have other pads and launch stands that are launch clamps, but they use separate towers and umbilicals/arms as well....that's the "Modular" part of the name. :)

Originally the animations were only manually activated, but a way to have them staged was requested, so I used Animated Decouplers as an alternate option.  It worked fine through 1.3.1, and only now in 1.5.1/1.6.1 one Saturn arm in particular is resetting itself after being staged. The two types of Saturn arms are mostly indentical in setup, only differing in mesh-switching options, and use identical animations, but with different names.

Ok let me see some logs

And the AnimatedDecoupler configs that you're using for the parts

And it might take awhile because I'm just now recovering from being sick and my brain is soup right now and the neurons and stuff need some time to reorganize

22 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Ok let me see some logs

And the AnimatedDecoupler configs that you're using for the parts

And it might take awhile because I'm just now recovering from being sick and my brain is soup right now and the neurons and stuff need some time to reorganize

OK, will have them later today as I'm on my way to work and on mobile.

@Starwaster

KSP.log and Output_log, plus the .cfgs for the two Saturn Arms, are in a .zip on my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubomv9tcaxlbjnq/KSP_Logs.zip?dl=0

The Saturn BDB arm is the one that resets, the General arm is fine.

I just put one of each arm on a short Saturn tower, launched it, and hit the spacebar, then reverted to the VAB.

Edited by AlphaMensae

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 10:03 PM, Starwaster said:

@Starwaster just an FYI, @sumghai is starting to work on updating his mods to 1.10.1, and they depend on this.  It probably works, and would just need a bump to show as 1.10.1 compatible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.