Edit CFG file

1 hour ago, Natso said:

How i can settting a missile (Aim-9X) after 2second engine will begin but not drop it?? it mean engine missile will fire after 2s active but still attach on plane it possible??

If I understand your question correctly: you want the engine of the missile to start burning for 2 sec before you separate it from the plane.

In stock (where the 'missile' would be something attached to a hardpoint or separator), the easiest solution would be to stage the missile engine first, then stage the hardpoint/separator. You can change the staging order by drag and drop.

Another method would be to use an action group to activate the missile engine first, then stage to separate from the plane.

That second method can also be used for a mod missile with an integrated separator. However, this might turn off the missile engine when it separates. In that case, you may need to use the action group again to reactivate the engine after separation.

P.S.: I do not know of a way to create an engine delay by editing the CFG of a part.

Edited by swjr-swis
forgot the PS

34 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

If I understand your question correctly: you want the engine of the missile to start burning for 2 sec before you separate it from the plane.

In stock (where the 'missile' would be something attached to a hardpoint or separator), the easiest solution would be to stage the missile engine first, then stage the hardpoint/separator. You can change the staging order by drag and drop.

Another method would be to use an action group to activate the missile engine first, then stage to separate from the plane.

That second method can also be used for a mod missile with an integrated separator. However, this might turn off the missile engine when it separates. In that case, you may need to use the action group again to reactivate the engine after separation.

P.S.: I do not know of a way to create an engine delay by editing the CFG of a part.

Ok thanks you! , i found out SmartParts will do it...!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.