[WIP] Infernal Robotics - Next

Rudolf Meier

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

The idea is to implement IJointLockState and to call CycleAllAutoStrut when you changed the value returned by the interface.

This is something I'll have to experiment with.

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

And, did you know that internally they do have motors and actuators?

Yes! And the fact that they never went on with this scared me a lot when I began to work on DockRotate... 

@Rudolf Meier However you decide to proceed, when you need someone to build some crafts and test a part out, just give me a holler.  I've been wanting to start giving back to the community, but since I can't even draw a decent stick man, making a mod is just out of the question...  so at least I can help others test or whatever else they need.  You too @peteletroll, if you ever need someone to test something, just give a yell.

Different question...

I saw in a video someplace here that the IR-control interface was used to manuver the robotis parts from USI (forklift, crane etc).

Was that a DLL-mod-thingie, or a config/MM-thingie?

I never really got used to the USI robotics control and mostly favors the IR-control and building my own forklifts, booms etc.

/Rikard

Edited by mrstoned

So about joint scaling, working much better than before, but there's a new problem. Down to size small+ will load but the two different pieces of each joint will load skewed to each other. They still function correctly but the smaller they are the bigger the skew gets. This won't make the game crash but it's possible with more than light use. Small and small- seems to still break the game very quickly, sometimes though I can see the joints go limp right before breaking.

One other random issue I'm having, although it's not that important; when hitting ctrl+z in the editor to undo something it seams that every IR part is duplicated in the sequencer. These copies don't work but are just there as filler. The list fills up pretty quick, it's manageable but annoying.

Keep up the great work.

I guess that could be avoided with 2 parts that can be scaled instead of just one. For example extendratron or hinge that can be scaled from small- (or even smaller) up to mediom size or whatever still looks good enough while scaled up. And other same looking extendratron that could be scaled from medium size up to large+ or whatever it is called.

Each of part in config file could have different position of joint, that should solve issue. I don't know if it is possible to change joint position within just one config file for part, depending on chosen scale. Such thing should be allowed from tweakscale plugin. @pellinor could tell more about possible options here.

And a side note for future reference : i just remembered the Sequencer for IR. It is ok as it is, but it got me wondering : would it be possible to create IR-driven compound part (basically a pre-built assembly) that contains Sequencer cfg ?

Such part would be pre-programmed and built either by a part creator or player. Individual IR-parts would not be accessible in-game, only the whole assembly and only with predefined Sequencer input controls.

This, combined with IR parts non-collision should allow for mechanically believable assemblies. Does any of this appeal (or even makes sense) to anyone ?

Hello guys I'm here to report a bug :

When building something in the VAB or SPH, just after placing a IR part if I Ctrl+Z, in the menu to move the servos, each IR part duplicate. Of course after saving and reloading the craft, there are no duplicates anymore.

EDIT: Just found another interesting bug that really needs to be fixed :

Hope this wonderful mod we be available soon !

Edited by PrimoDev

On 5/4/2018 at 5:00 PM, mrstoned said:

Different question...

I saw in a video someplace here that the IR-control interface was used to manuver the robotis parts from USI (forklift, crane etc).

Was that a DLL-mod-thingie, or a config/MM-thingie?

I never really got used to the USI robotics control and mostly favors the IR-control and building my own forklifts, booms etc.

/Rikard

That's not infernal Robotics, it's a WIP and its currently named Infernal Robotics ARMS which is entirely different than the standard IR mod.  I'm going to give it a new name to avoid confusion.

Edited by sirkut

5 hours ago, IMrChrisI said:

Rotators still buged at higher speeds? 

Docking washers are not working too? :(

OK. Nothing is spining around atm. Beta 3 is more broken than Beta 1

There is the KSP bug and sometimes (I'm not sure if that's still happening... I never saw this in the last week) we had the problem of those NaN's showing in the rotation of objects. But I cannot say anything about it at the moment.

But I think Beta 3 is working just fine. Mostly...

About the rotators. If the angular speed is higher than 180° per frame. Then you run into the problem, that Unity doesn't know in which direction to rotate, because it takes the shorter way round.

5 hours ago, sirkut said:

That's not infernal Robotics, it's a WIP and its currently named Infernal Robotics ARMS which is entirely different than the standard IR mod.  I'm going to give it a new name to avoid confusion.

Excellent. thank you.

Bookmarked now :)

/Rikard

4 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Wait, so do I keep the original IR installed alongside this one or can I remove it? 

Remove old one as they were not compatible. It is best to remove older version of IR, make sure to delete all IR folders in gamedata and then install new version. That will help to reduce possible conflicts and avoid confusion in bug reports.

Sup Y'all

So I have been searching for a mod like this forever; specifically, one that would allow me to move parts around (rotate, extend, etc.) This mod looks amazing! I understand that it is still in development for 1.4.x? Are there any other mods like it? If not, what would I have to do to get a development copy of this mod? 

Totally stoked to see how this turns out.

~Bideogames

42 minutes ago, Bideogames said:

Sup Y'all

So I have been searching for a mod like this forever; specifically, one that would allow me to move parts around (rotate, extend, etc.) This mod looks amazing! I understand that it is still in development for 1.4.x? Are there any other mods like it? If not, what would I have to do to get a development copy of this mod? 

Totally stoked to see how this turns out.

~Bideogames

Bideogames, patch 7 is actually pretty stable.  I'm using it in my career.  

2 hours ago, Trufiadok said:

I make inverse kinematics robotcontroller plugin.

https://youtu.be/ot6DlNYduIg

Fine-positioned movements are not perfect yet, I still have to work on it.

looks good... I've done that too and I've the same problems to tweak out you have :) 

but I first need to finish IR Next to have a stable base to work on with the IK module

My approach was to allow all arms. Sometimes that's a little bit tricky.

6 hours ago, _Virgil said:

IR Sequencer isn't working for me. The robotic control unit is available as a part, but there is no GUI in the toolbar.

I have downloaded IR v3 beta3 patch7, and IR Sequencer v3.0.0 for 1.3.1.

For IR Next you also need next version of IR Sequencer: https://github.com/meirumeiru/IR-Sequencer/releases

I can't recall if it is compatible with all KSP versions and all IR next plugins for KSP 1.3.1 up to 1.4.x there is info about it buried somewhere in thread, though.

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

For IR Next you also need next version of IR Sequencer: https://github.com/meirumeiru/IR-Sequencer/releases

I can't recall if it is compatible with all KSP versions and all IR next plugins for KSP 1.3.1 up to 1.4.x there is info about it buried somewhere in thread, though.

IR Sequencer v3.0.0 for 1.3.1 is the [next] version of it. I run on 1.3.1 so I installed the 1.3.1 versions of both IR next and its Sequencer. 
I recall someone else mentioning their inability to get the IR Sequencer [next] working as well, but that was on an unrelated thread. No one has come forward with a solution so far to my knowledge.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.