[WIP] Infernal Robotics - Next

Rudolf Meier

10 hours ago, Boersgard said:

Is there a FAQ for infernal robotics so I can read more about it?

Do you need to be a programmer to make everything work? I'm interested in creating very compact rovers that unfold themselves, but I've never used infernal robotics before and don't know what would be involved in getting to that point.

Additionally, would the current beta release be stable enough for basic tasks like this in 1.4.3?

For FAQ, I don't think that one exist, but there is plenty of KSP crafts created with IR, google is your best friend here.

No, you don't need to be programmer to be able to use IR. Pure and simple redneck logic should be enough most of the time.

Current beta is pretty stable, there is some issues mentioned in thread that can be avoided with just slight change in craft design. If you encounter issues with your craft design, then report it here, so others can be aware of it and that issue can be fixed in some of future updates. Noone can fix something if it is not aware that something is broken.

Hey man, glad to see all is going well with the Mod. I've been super busy with the groundwork for my mech project, but am finally getting back into construction. I downloaded the latest beta and am going to build my new mech with your parts.

My biggest request for IR right now is for joints that have a range larger than 180 degrees. Right now there is only one part that can do this, and it's not very compact. 

I'm also curious if you've done any research into multiaxis joints, or was that a dead end? I'm gonna take a look at the source code over the long weekend so I have a better understanding of if this is possible or not. Are there any plans for new models?

FSEZ21e.png

im looking for help ererythings goes well with the mod i got parts and all. then when i load a shop with IR parts it crash the whole game (game freeze or close itself) i think with instructions  i can provide any infos needed logs screenshots ect. i really wish i could make IR a mod i can use on all my stations and crafts... If anyone can help it would be very appreciated

Thanks !

Edited by Swoop911

Hi, I'm having a problem with this mod. I installed it today, but I could not use it. The problem is that when I am in the creation mode the pieces are being moved, but when I launch the ship, I can not move them for anything. I do not know if it's me that I do not know how to use or if I installed something wrong. Can someone help me?

Ps: the video has both cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aDivB4NtlM
Ps: I'm sorry for English 

2 hours ago, rayanteles said:

Hi, I'm having a problem with this mod. I installed it today, but I could not use it. The problem is that when I am in the creation mode the pieces are being moved, but when I launch the ship, I can not move them for anything. I do not know if it's me that I do not know how to use or if I installed something wrong. Can someone help me?

Ps: the video has both cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aDivB4NtlM
Ps: I'm sorry for English 

Hmm, it does not seem to be case of autostrut issue, but does not hurt to show autostruts (can be enabled trough ALT+F12 debug/cheat menu).
Do you have enough battery charge and proper conection to IR parts ? Must not be coupler or some part that block crossfeed between.
Have you tried to move whole group of IR parts and not trough editor menu in flight ?

Those are just couple of things that poped up first on my mind what might be wrong, hard to tell exactly from video.

Hello, I’m new to forums and love the look of infernal robotics. Is it compatible with 1.4.3? I’ve downloaded a copy but it doesn’t seem to work. Perhaps I’ve used an old version? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Tobes118 said:

Hello, I’m new to forums and love the look of infernal robotics. Is it compatible with 1.4.3? I’ve downloaded a copy but it doesn’t seem to work. Perhaps I’ve used an old version? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is compatible with KSP 1.4.3, but have to choose right package for download. Links are in OP of this thread.

2 hours ago, rayanteles said:

Hi kcs123, thanks for replying so quickly. I made another video with the debug, gave an error:

"Error: IRS: [GUI AddLauncherButton Exception, Object reference not set to an instance of an object]

and how much energy am I using a battery. take a look at the video I showed it all: 

https://youtu.be/hivlHk7L5F4

It looks like autostrut issue somewhere. Are you using KJR mod ? It looks like you use old version of KJR instead forked version from OP.  Just educated guess, but that exception probably comes from some other mod, might be possible to know more with full log provided, but @Rudolf Meier is one who can tell for sure.

12 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Parece um problema automático em algum lugar. Você está usando mod KJR? Parece que você usa a versão antiga do KJR em vez da versão bifurcada do OP . Apenas suposição educada, mas essa exceção provavelmente vem de algum outro mod, pode ser possível saber mais com log completo fornecido, mas @Rudolf Meier é aquele que pode dizer com certeza.

Yes, I'm using the KJR mod, but I downloaded that same OP. Maybe it's how I installed the files, have any orders I should follow to install them?

10 hours ago, rayanteles said:

Sim, estou usando o mod KJR, mas baixei o mesmo OP . Talvez seja assim que eu instalei os arquivos, tenho alguma ordem que devo seguir para instalá-los?

I was able to fix my problem. I do not know what it was, but after I reinstalled everything was fine.

But now I have a new doubt, as I do to record a sequence of movements, I've seen this in many videos, like people who make the robor walk alone, I wanted to know how I can do this.

10 hours ago, rayanteles said:

Yes, I'm using the KJR mod, but I downloaded that same OP. Maybe it's how I installed the files, have any orders I should follow to install them?

This one? https://github.com/meirumeiru/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/download/v3.4.1-p1/KerbalJointReinforcement_v3.4.1_p1_for_1.4.2.zip

And this version of IR ? https://github.com/meirumeiru/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/v3.0.0-beta3p7/InfernalRobotics_v3.0.0_beta3_p7_for_1.4.2.zip

Both are made for KSP 1.4.2 but should work just fine with 1.4.3. Other issue might be if you have locked IR part (trough right click part menu).
Order of install should not be issue if you install everything properly, gamedata content from mod to gamedata folder of game, be careful with that. You should not have gamedata within gamedata folder or something.

little update... I had more work to do for my job than I thought. We had to rewrite a whole project because of a design change and almost nothing worked after that

anyway... I thought I cannot let you wait any longer. I'm now working on different things to improve those mods... at the moment I'm building a new debugging gui that I can later use for KJR and IR so that we don't have to guess and can see what happens plus we can also configure those things while in game. I think with this we will see an improvement in the speed of this development...

21 hours ago, kcs123 said:

This one? https://github.com/meirumeiru/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases/download/v3.4.1-p1/KerbalJointReinforcement_v3.4.1_p1_for_1.4.2.zip

And this version of IR ? https://github.com/meirumeiru/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/v3.0.0-beta3p7/InfernalRobotics_v3.0.0_beta3_p7_for_1.4.2.zip

Both are made for KSP 1.4.2 but should work just fine with 1.4.3. Other issue might be if you have locked IR part (trough right click part menu).
Order of install should not be issue if you install everything properly, gamedata content from mod to gamedata folder of game, be careful with that. You should not have gamedata within gamedata folder or something.

Yes, I'm using everything right now and it's working perfectly, thanks a lot for the help. But now my only duvia is what I had missed in the post above. As I record a sequence of moves, type in those videos that they do for the thefts to move without having to keep moving one part at a time.

19 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

little update... I had more work to do for my job than I thought. We had to rewrite a whole project because of a design change and almost nothing worked after that

anyway... I thought I cannot let you wait any longer. I'm now working on different things to improve those mods... at the moment I'm building a new debugging gui that I can later use for KJR and IR so that we don't have to guess and can see what happens plus we can also configure those things while in game. I think with this we will see an improvement in the speed of this development...

Imagine if you could tweak those values from the unity editor...:D

Those who want to see what KJR does can download KerbalJointReinforcement_v3.4.1_p1_dbg_for_1.4.3.zip  I added this version to the latest release. It has a menu that allows to make all joints visible. The only problem is, that it cannot distinguish between the default KSP joints and the autostruts (that shouldn't be there and are only there because of the bug in KSP... sometimes). To make those visible you need to klick "apply" after the scene is loaded completely.

Hope this helps to sort out all the problems with KJR or at least to see them.

It's by the way also thought to be a utility for those who want to find out, why KSP is slowing down massively when using KJR. Maybe someone can see what happens whith a specific vessel and give some feedback on that.

Edited by Rudolf Meier

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.