[WIP] Infernal Robotics - Next

Rudolf Meier

On 11/9/2018 at 3:13 PM, BlackWing Pilot said:

Actually, i don't understand about C#, but i can understand C++

well, C# is not much different. it's basically a automatic version of c++. you see when dealing with c++ you have to read a lot specifications to find out overload resolution and excrements.

c# has them but they are much simpler.

.net has something called property. look into properties for c#, a property is a really awesome thing for managing stuff.

i have been working of solving a bug of it during couple of days. but i need the answer of devs on some of them.

@Rudolf Meier

i have a question regarding the normalZero,invertZero,correction_0 and correction_1 in MoudleIRServo_v3.cs.

they seemed to do nothing but cause issues. i didn't see them offer any functionality. do you know anything about them?

Edited by thenegativehunter

21 hours ago, thenegativehunter said:

i have a question regarding the normalZero,invertZero,correction_0 and correction_1 in MoudleIRServo_v3.cs.

they seemed to do nothing but cause issues. i didn't see them offer any functionality. do you know anything about them?

Yes, I know what they do... I've invented them. They are needed in cases when you dock/undock parts that are not in their 'zero'-position.

... by the way. I've already solved a lot of problems. But I've not yet released them.

Maybe I'll do that again in the future... I somehow lost a little bit the interest in this project when people told me, that "maybe it would be better if I'd never release anything anymore".

7 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

Maybe I'll do that again in the future... I somehow lost a little bit the interest in this project when people told me, that "maybe it would be better if I'd never release anything anymore".

You shouldn't listen to anyone on these forums when they give solely negative feedback, Rudolf. Most people who arent modders are thoughtless ungrateful sods towards modders. It's hard to do unless you have a thick skin, but you need to just ignore and tune them out, and pass over their posts. You do great work, and the direction you were going with it was just as great. IR for me is one of the most essential mods for taking this game to the next level. Never forget that.

19 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

Yes, I know what they do... I've invented them. They are needed in cases when you dock/undock parts that are not in their 'zero'-position.

... by the way. I've already solved a lot of problems. But I've not yet released them.

personally i figured out they have something to do with KSP parts mechanism. when it recreates something with a changed size it gets buggy.

lol, don't listen to them. i will definitely use your mod patches. i will make modifications if i have to which i did but still need some free time for more improvements. i want to make transformers that work conveniently.

infernal robotics mod, is going to cause a leap in KSP. there is no doubt in that. imagine the possibilities. with robotic this game goes way beyond what it is now. no other mod can do as much as this mod.

21 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

I somehow lost a little bit the interest in this project when people told me, that "maybe it would be better if I'd never release anything anymore".

People don't read, don't learn, don't try again and then project their own incompence on the tool (and the tool's developer) instead of handling their frustrations and overcome it.

Some people you just can't reach. Don't let them reach you.

18 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

FWIW - I found that Rudolf's latest version of fixed KJR simply needed a recompile to work in 1.5.1 (I think, anyway - I have no idea). I did that, and haven't had any problems. Quick fix! :)

gimmy a link. i'm new to git.

also, a question. does sequencer with it work smoothly?

sequencer, for me seemed to not be able to handle rotational errors.

Edited by thenegativehunter

On 11/11/2018 at 1:10 PM, Rudolf Meier said:

I was really happy when i see that someone try to do something with this mod and I think that I am not the only one.Please continue your hard work.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:10 PM, Rudolf Meier said:

Hi Rudolf.

I am quite new to the game I purchased less than 1 year ago. But among all the mods I've tried so far there are 2 of them which really extend what the game can provide:

- KIS

- IR

All the other well known mods are very useful (KER, MJ, KAC) but they don't do that.

So even I am a bit frustrated with IR but maybe I am asking too much regarding the way parts are managed by the game, in my humble opinion this mod brings some of the coolest and most elegant features on the scene :)

Edited by DarkNounours

The mod works in version 1.5.1 incorrectly. Details are displayed in VAB / SHP.  Of them can be done various design. And even can be controlled in demo mode. But the Rovers explode on the runway, and when the spacecraft is put into orbit, it disappears and is ejected into the orbit of the Sun. You can restore the state of the game after that only by restarting it. If you remove parts of the mod, everything works correctly. I have to give up using this mod and it is very sad.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:14 AM, Sokol_323 said:

The mod works in version 1.5.1 incorrectly. Details are displayed in VAB / SHP.  Of them can be done various design. And even can be controlled in demo mode. But the Rovers explode on the runway, and when the spacecraft is put into orbit, it disappears and is ejected into the orbit of the Sun. You can restore the state of the game after that only by restarting it. If you remove parts of the mod, everything works correctly. I have to give up using this mod and it is very sad.

Same here on 1.45. Well i have 130 mods so, i'm trying to exclude conflicts, at first i tested and seemed a problem linked to the SCALE of the model, some size broke immediately some didn't (well it made every vessel and planet kinda seethrough..) but has become clear that every vessel with a IR part will eventually break the game, it could last for a few minutes at times but when loaded it will eventually break. Seems to effect only loaded vessel, not vessel in physic range, not on rail not in the VAB/SHP.
 I'm gonna test on a clean 1.45.. let's see

Yes, confirming all my crafts built in 1.4.1 using IR, eliminated in 1.4.5, although the mod and worked and allowed to do something. I sent probes to explore the ground and used the bare minimum of parts from the IR mod (surface sampler). But it didn't. I plan to remove the mod, but I have on one orbital station, something like a copy of the MIR, using a farm of fixed parts (racks) of this mod. I'll have to wait until I get her out of orbit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 5:23 PM, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

I used this successfully for several days without issue. Now since yesterday all my saves the Parts load in the wrong spot.  Hinges are off by 90. weird gaps in surface attach points. etc etc. it is now unusable. i am very sad. 

Same. I've used this version on 1.4.5 for months without issue until today...Now when I load an orbital station, the retractable radiator arrays (which are on pivotrons) load at weird angles, partially clipping into the station and causing the whole thing to blow up upon physics load.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:10 PM, Rudolf Meier said:

Your fork still compiles happily against most recent versions and works as expected. You really shouldn't care about those "people" ...

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something with the Gantry Rail?  I'm not getting the exploding problem that's been reported, the rail just does nothing, and half the attachment nodes in the editor do nothing.

I'm also having issues with everything just no longer working after docking, but I'm not terribly concerned with that, if I can get the Gantry Rail working.

If it's expected to work in 1.4.5 with 3.0.0 p7, I'll get you logs and videos and all that.

Edit: I was.  I was only using node attachment points, not the surface one.  Seems ok now.

Edited by Geonovast

On 11/27/2018 at 4:23 PM, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

Hinges are off by 90.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, Gorzideudeus said:

Same. I've used this version on 1.4.5 for months without issue until today...Now when I load an orbital station, the retractable radiator arrays (which are on pivotrons) load at weird angles,

Curious what other mods you guys have, I'm also having this issue in 1.4.5.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:51 AM, mexorsu said:

Yeah thats right- it's just that it's no longer "correct" after changes in your fork, for once it uses reflection and tried to grab the wrong classes, it also expects a list somewhere where its now a dictionary. After the changes I made to it its again compatibile with your version, so you could put it back I guess- unless you expect some more big changes to the interfaces which will break it again. That way if someone (like for example KOS developers) wants to (re)itegrate back with your version of IR he can just use the new wrapper and it should work again (new wrapper works exactly as old from API user perspective, just correctly maps to new IR_v3 types). By the way- I forked your repo and put the changes there too so that you can easily merge it if/when you want. Its all @ https://github.com/mexorsu/InfernalRobotics

And here you can find example of re-integration (with KOS in this case) using the new wrapper: https://github.com/mexorsu/KOS/commit/ee11a63cab1083064500ba3946ee095ce2c4d4c6

I made a new folder there and just copied old IR integration code (to keep it separate to allow using both versions at the same time just in case) and then just swapped the old IRWrapper with new one. Voila, it works.

Best regards

Tried this but it is failing with :

[LOG 19:40:32.595] 1/12/2019 7:40:32 PM,MemoryBridgeServer-IR3Wrapper,[IR3 Wrapper] Failed to grab Mechanism Type

Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.