[WIP] Infernal Robotics - Next

Rudolf Meier

1 hour ago, 123nick said:

is there a fork or an update somewhere for 1.6.1 for IR next? i found a recompile of the DLL for the ye-olde magic smoke industries Infernal Robotics, but not one for IR next. i checked the forums and i couldn't find anything. the github was not updated recently so i dont think its for 1.6.1. any help?

it works also in 1.6.1

21 hours ago, 123nick said:

is there a fork or an update somewhere for 1.6.1 for IR next? i found a recompile of the DLL for the ye-olde magic smoke industries Infernal Robotics, but not one for IR next. i checked the forums and i couldn't find anything. the github was not updated recently so i dont think its for 1.6.1. any help?

It should still work.

But can you show me the recompile of the old IR?

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, Valren_Starlord said:

Hi everyone, if you fall here, know that the new thread for the Sequencer mod is here :

Have a nice day.

this was the answer for me,TY @ksc123 . when I got the time to try again. sorry so late of a response, and when I combined them properly with the next release.

1st, I downloaded>> InfernalRobotics_v3.0.0_beta3_p7_for_1.4.2.zip>>(granted my test is in KSP v1.6.1)

[WIP] Infernal Robotics - Next

2nd, I downloaded IR-Sequencer_v3.0.1 from 

[WIP][1.6] Infernal Robotics Sequencer (NEXT) 3.0.1

And it was MagicSmokin again.

Luv It ! Parts look nice buttons show up and work.

TY for the 3.0.1IR Sequencer update @Valren_Starlord (this fixed my missing button issue)

Let the creativity continue..

Thanks

Jammer-TD

I don't know if this was already brought up deep inside this forum, but my game is having a problem when using IR parts. I'm using hinges to make a folding ramp for my lunar lander, but when I time warp, the ramp falls with gravity and then the game turns black until I restart KSP. My only options is to either not use time warp (not happening), or not use the parts. Any idea what this could be?

39 minutes ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

I don't know if this was already brought up deep inside this forum, but my game is having a problem when using IR parts. I'm using hinges to make a folding ramp for my lunar lander, but when I time warp, the ramp falls with gravity and then the game turns black until I restart KSP. My only options is to either not use time warp (not happening), or not use the parts. Any idea what this could be?

Yes... a hard to reproduce bug. I still don't fully understand why it happens. But it's already way better than it once was. For some reasons some calculations fail completely... sometimes... in a random way... or at least it seems to be random for me at the moment...

30 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

Yes... a hard to reproduce bug. I still don't fully understand why it happens. But it's already way better than it once was. For some reasons some calculations fail completely... sometimes... in a random way... or at least it seems to be random for me at the moment...

It seems to only happens in seems 1 in 10 times, but it's not a risk i'm willing to take, considering it takes 20 mins for KSP to start up with all the mods I have.

5 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

This suggests something bad that can happens when the physics engine kicks again. I would monitor the FixedUpdate in the hope do find a division by zero, or some float going to INF or NAN. It's something like this that was inducing TweakScale to kill the gravity to the game's death.

This also happens when the vessel come back from rails?

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

This suggests something bad that can happens when the physics engine kicks again. I would monitor the FixedUpdate in the hope do find a division by zero, or some float going to INF or NAN. It's something like this that was inducing TweakScale to kill the gravity to the game's death.

This also happens when the vessel come back from rails?

It is caused by this "shadow position" stuff... normally no problem even if it freaks out, but when you load or warp, then it's used and then it crashes (because it's used wihout checking... and then the game engine crashes). I know what happens, but when it does, it's too late to fix or to find out where it came from... but... I do have some ideas of course... I will try them when I have a little bit more time...

On 4/8/2019 at 7:37 PM, Hotdiggitydog said:

It seems to only happens in seems 1 in 10 times, but it's not a risk i'm willing to take, considering it takes 20 mins for KSP to start up with all the mods I have.

xD Really ? I have 16GB ram for 157 mods, it takes an hour and a half to load everything, considering that I use accurate visual mods, I just do not use mods for the buildings as this far exceeds the level of ram I have.

1 hour ago, Catatau_27 said:

xD Really ? I have 16GB ram for 157 mods, it takes an hour and a half to load everything, considering that I use accurate visual mods, I just do not use mods for the buildings as this far exceeds the level of ram I have.

I strongly recommend you use Hyperspace. :) 

Good news... I have a save-file that seems to produce a bug immediately after loading, turning the rotatron and the stage the decoupler... if that's true... then I hope I can find out more about our problem... I always tryed to create such a situation, but now... in my current game I have one... and I didn't even try to find it this time

Hello Rudolf!

I had a problem that presets via action commands wouldn't work for me. Example: some servos didn't move from their current preset (-1) to the previous one (-60) because for unknown reasons, some of them where at the position -0.99. So the command would try to move them to -1 instead of -60 (but they stayed at -0.99).

My solution was "simple": I made some additions to the code ;)
I solved not only the problem I encountered, I also made some usability-improvements regarding action commands:

1. Presets are recognized more reliable, so next/previous preset command work as expected. (At the cost of reduced accuracy, the presets need to be > 0.1f apart. Should work for most use cases I think).
  2. New "Toggle between Presets" command. The servo is moved between its first and second preset (0, 1). Great for all use cases where there are only 2 states (eg. gear retracted and extended), because only one button/action command needed.
  3. Locked servos are moved on Toggle / Move Next / Move Previous action commands. The servos are unlocked and lock them self again after movement has stopped (if they were locked).

Drop me a message if you're interested to review/merge it to a hopefully new version without the timewarp-bug. :)

So, is there currently any version of KJR compatible with this ?

I've heard people saying that KJR is not needed in recent versions of the game, presumably because of auto-struting, but auto-struts just don't work like KJR !

I'd love to build big cranes and strongbacks capable of erecting a rocket vertically without using rocket engines, but my past experiences with IR and heavy loads have been absolutely dreadful (the hinges were about as strong as overcooked noodles)... So, how realistic does it seem today with the current state of the mod ? And would I need to make my own recompile of KJR ?

29 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

So, is there currently any version of KJR compatible with this ?

I've heard people saying that KJR is not needed in recent versions of the game, presumably because of auto-struting, but auto-struts just don't work like KJR !

I'd love to build big cranes and strongbacks capable of erecting a rocket vertically without using rocket engines, but my past experiences with IR and heavy loads have been absolutely dreadful (the hinges were about as strong as overcooked noodles)... So, how realistic does it seem today with the current state of the mod ? And would I need to make my own recompile of KJR ?

There is @Lisias fork that work and can be found here:
https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Just be sure that you readed install instructions for other dependencies.

There is also this:

That one should also works fine, seems that they included all proposed changes from @Rudolf Meier.
There is also fork from @linuxgurugamer that should work too, but I have not tried last two by myself, so take it with grain of salt.

I'm working on different problems. One is related to scaling, the other with movements of internal states into the wrong direction. They both end in the NaN-state... so, what I learned is, that there is not one problem, but two. That's good to know, because now it's not that confusing anymore...

1 hour ago, Rudolf Meier said:

I'm working on different problems. One is related to scaling, the other with movements of internal states into the wrong direction. They both end in the NaN-state... so, what I learned is, that there is not one problem, but two. That's good to know, because now it's not that confusing anymore...

FYI, @Lisias have already found issues with IR and Tweakscale, maybe it is same issue ? Partly due to tweakscale, partly due to new IR code ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.