[WIP] Infernal Robotics - Next

Rudolf Meier

16 hours ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

@Rudolf Meier Hellou there, i may require assistance to get the new IR sequencer to work, but while im gathering logs for the report that @kcs123 asked me to deliver, here is my latest Work with the older IR, a very good examble what can be done with IR to inspire others too ^^

hi... I did rename some parts in IR but not build a new release for the sequencer... you need alpha 2 for the latest IR Next Beta3 Patch4

I've to say that I never worked with the Sequencer and all I did was modify how it accessed the IR/API and then I compiled it... in case there are problems, I'd have to contact the original developer... maybe he can help us... but I will try to help as far as I can

Edited by Rudolf Meier

2 hours ago, Sebas-chan said:

:) I need the picture of the arm... that's the interesting part for me

5 hours ago, Suicide Machine said:

Hi everyone,

I'm having some weird glitches with this mod. Here are some screenshots of a simple craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dg6x9mcvcez8v18/Kerbal_IR.3.0.jpg?dl=0

I have tested your craft (1.3.1 and .1.4.2) and it works here... but I'm testing with a fresh KSP always...

... to be honest, right now I don't have a strategy on what to do with all those reports of errors that I cannot see on my machine.

I don't say they aren't happening... sometimes I see very strange things... like the rotational force that seems to be applied to a part in space when it is not moving. That's something I can see sometimes on Kerbin too... if the joint is braking very quickly and then ... something happens (no idea what), then it can be, that we suddendly have a huge rotational force on this part... and seconds later it's in space

Edited by Rudolf Meier

4 hours ago, kcs123 said:

I'm not sure if I like to have such parts in game. It is more than a half of fun to have multiple "lego" parts that you can combine and discover for yourself if something work properly or not, discover flaws in your own designs and how to counterpart those flaws. I understand that there always will be users who would want something that is ready to plug in and play (or pray) with it.

im with @kcs123 with this one, for examble i take great pride on my work on the mechs i design, always building them again and again, never using the same schematic twice "except for the legs and arms uses same base design with little modifications from time to time when needed" and i can model them anyway i like to, so they will resemble a specific robot/mech/droid/suit or even METAL GEARS that some of my viewers desire to see. like my next project "Halo - Grunt Goblin" wich i will probably reveal tomorrow.

Still working on that Pacific Jaeger "Gipsy Danger" still having problems because of its size and weight.

Bug found...

I'm not sure if this can explain everything. But I found a bug that can cause a joint to go into uncontrolled very fast rotations when it is near its limits (it seems that it can overshoot the limit and then freak out) ... I will report when I have more ...

2 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

Bug found...

I'm not sure if this can explain everything. But I found a bug that can cause a joint to go into uncontrolled very fast rotations when it is near its limits (it seems that it can overshoot the limit and then freak out) ... I will report when I have more ...

Well, you might need to set new limit. Let say if unity joint limit is 1.0 (for translation) you may set part limits to be 0.9 or 0.8, whatever would prevent going beyond unity limit of 1.0. If possible of course to do something like this with unity, can't claim that I'm familiar with it at all.

5 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Well, you might need to set new limit. Let say if unity joint limit is 1.0 (for translation) you may set part limits to be 0.9 or 0.8, whatever would prevent going beyond unity limit of 1.0. If possible of course to do something like this with unity, can't claim that I'm familiar with it at all.

... no, this one is a bug in a class I that I have built :) 

Guys, I have a problem... (help plz x) ) When I using movement of any IR parts in flight I have a black screen with an inscription in the console "look rotation viewing vector is zero" (KJR not installed) What could it be?
version 1.4.2 

Installed mods Image

9 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

:) I need the picture of the arm... that's the interesting part for me

I have tested your craft (1.3.1 and .1.4.2) and it works here... but I'm testing with a fresh KSP always...

... to be honest, right now I don't have a strategy on what to do with all those reports of errors that I cannot see on my machine.

I don't say they aren't happening... sometimes I see very strange things... like the rotational force that seems to be applied to a part in space when it is not moving. That's something I can see sometimes on Kerbin too... if the joint is braking very quickly and then ... something happens (no idea what), then it can be, that we suddendly have a huge rotational force on this part... and seconds later it's in space

fa97d0c416311fe107e53b973f1d78ae.png

18 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

how did it "drift" ... I cannot see the problem

and how did you connect the parts? Flt-400, then on it's bottom the hecs and then again one down the Mainsail? what was the first part? the flt400?

Setup is (from top to bottom):

• MainSail
  • HECS
  • FLT400 fuel tank

The "drift" is: angle value for pivotron raise over time alone without activating servos.

The drift is mainly visible from the IR UI/Edit group panel (have a look in my previous post with screenshoot).

If I use the rotate buttons, the servo won't respond (despite the color change and EC consumption).

Another question, what's the compilation target ? x86 ? x64 ? My recompile was a specific x64  with all the KSP stuff in 64.

Edited by Gurki

1 hour ago, Gurki said:

The "drift" is: angle value for pivotron raise over time alone without activating servos.

The drift is mainly visible from the IR UI/Edit group panel (have a look in my previous post with screenshoot).

If I use the rotate buttons, the servo won't respond (despite the color change and EC consumption).

for me this sounds like an auto strut problem or something... I cannot find anything else that could be the problem

1 hour ago, Gurki said:

Another question, what's the compilation target ? x86 ? x64 ? My recompile was a specific x64  with all the KSP stuff in 64.

I'm always working with 64 bits... but it shouldn't make a difference for .net... "shouldn't" :) 

13 hours ago, Sebas-chan said:

fa97d0c416311fe107e53b973f1d78ae.png

:) can you describe those parts? I cannot see everyone (if controlled, uncontrolled and things like that... ) just a list from attachment point to last part... or even easier... build a craft containing only this arm and put the save file of it online.

Beta 3 Patch 5 is online

it fixes a graphics problem (after destruction of a part or decoupling/undocking the fixed meshes were shown wrong until the next scene change)

and it fixes the overshooting and uncontrolled spinning bug

very important: if you are testing, ALWAYS use the latest version... every Beta 3 version contains the same files, simply overwrite all of your existing files... the bugs in early patch levels sometimes have huge effects (alltough they are all tiny in the code) up to the destruction of the universe in ksp or a complete game crash

it's not worth trying something with those version... and yes, I know, sometimes I release them quickly and installing them every second day may be a bit annoying... but at the moment there is no other way and I hope we will have a perfect version soon

52 minutes ago, Sebas-chan said:

Could it be because of my ships contains modded parts?

I don't think so... but describe it a little bit more precise. What do you do? Put this ship to the launch pad? Or the runway? Then what? Wait? How long? 1 second, 40 seconds? something starts to oscillate? Some numbers in the IR gui are running? How fast? If something breaks, what was the first part?... things like that... step by step. How did you launch it the second time? by "revert flight to ..." or completely from VAB/SPH again? ... or is "launch" really a "start engines" ?? and then? crash like "don't see anything and crah" or "arm moves out of position first and ...". I cannot get those things from logs, I need detailed descriptions... :)  oh and do you use the latest version? Patch5?

Just now, Rudolf Meier said:

I don't think so... but describe it a little bit more precise. What do you do? Put this ship to the launch pad? Or the runway? Then what? Wait? How long? 1 second, 40 seconds? something starts to oscillate? Some numbers in the IR gui are running? How fast? If something breaks, what was the first part?... things like that... step by step. How did you launch it the second time? by "revert flight to ..." or completely from VAB/SPH again? ... or is "launch" really a "start engines" ?? and then? crash like "don't see anything and crah" or "arm moves out of position first and ...". I cannot get those things from logs, I need detailed descriptions... :)  oh and do you use the latest version? Patch5?

When I placed this ship on the launchpad, somehow, it destroyed the universe. When I revert flight, it will either crash or it will crash when I placed it at the launch pad for the second time. What I meant about it destroying the universe is I can only see space and nothing else. The altitude meter shows everything as 0

26 minutes ago, Sebas-chan said:

When I placed this ship on the launchpad, somehow, it destroyed the universe. When I revert flight, it will either crash or it will crash when I placed it at the launch pad for the second time. What I meant about it destroying the universe is I can only see space and nothing else. The altitude meter shows everything as 0

Actually, the version that you just released seems to fix it

Edit: It crashed when I move the rotatron now. Do note: I am on 1.4.2

Edited by Sebas-chan

On 4/15/2018 at 1:41 PM, kcs123 said:

Would it be possible to get the default limit set in so we can still use the full range of motion without triggering this bug? I mean say you have a 180 degree hinge, set unity to have 190 range and have the default limit stop it at 5 and 185 degree so we can still have full 180 degree motion without hitting this bug.

I hit this bug so hard and my little crane flew half way through the atmosphere..   If I am on minmus, where this crane was intended to go, it most likely will escape to solar orbit : ]

6 hours ago, This is Kerbel! said:

Would it be possible to get the default limit set in so we can still use the full range of motion without triggering this bug? I mean say you have a 180 degree hinge, set unity to have 190 range and have the default limit stop it at 5 and 185 degree so we can still have full 180 degree motion without hitting this bug.

I hit this bug so hard and my little crane flew half way through the atmosphere..   If I am on minmus, where this crane was intended to go, it most likely will escape to solar orbit : ]

the latest patch fixed this bug...

and just to explain this a little further... the problem is not the overshooting of the joint under load, but the wrong commands that were given to the joint. And this was because of a bug inside my module... but now it's done differently and it shouldn't be possible anymore now.

Edited by Rudolf Meier

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.