kOS Help?

So i just installed kOS 1.1.5.0 and I am trying to follow the tutorial found here. I get to Step 6 before I start to run into trouble. I type 

EDIT HELLO.

like the tutorial says: 

8LuU3dj.png

Then I type 

PRINT "=========================================".
PRINT "      HELLO WORLD".
PRINT "THIS IS THE FIRST SCRIPT I WROTE IN kOS.".
PRINT "=========================================".

again, like the tutorial says. 

oaA8ecW.png

I hit ENTER, then click SAVE and EXIT, following what the tutorial says, and receiving confirmation that it was saved HmBBQd7.png

But when I type 

RUN HELLO.

it doesn't display the text like it should. It just says "Program ended." instead of displaying the text, then saying "Program ended." fQqGGlb.png.

Also, when I type 

LIST FILES.

like how Step 7 of the tutorials says. But the console tells me that the script "hello" has a size of 0. 

lIH6QBy.png

Can somebody help me understand what I'm doing wrong? I thought I was following the tutorial correctly, but whatever I try will not work.

Edited by ATLUTD_741
images not properly linked

You see the window that pops up beneath the main kOS terminal? That is the kOS file editor, where you need to be editing the file "hello".

The kOS file editor isn't the greatest in the world; particularly if you dual-screen, you may want to look into other text editors like Sublime or Notepad++.

Do note that "text editor" tends to exclude office software like Microsoft Word. A .docx file is not a raw, UTF-8 encoded text file: there's a whole lot of other stuff in there.

@ATLUTD_741:

You typed your program into the command line, not the text editor.  The text editor is the box under the terminal on your second image.  You created a new file, ran all of the commands one by one at the command line rather than typing them into the text editor, and then saved the empty file.  When you tried to run the program, there was nothing in it to run.

Technically, at least, you did run your first kOS script; it was just a null script.  Does extreme minimalist programming count?

Edit:  Ninja'd.

Edited by Zhetaan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.