Darker UI for immersion?

Midline

Hello,

after thorough searching today and yesterday, I've started thinking that I'm alone in this opinion: I think the UI (altimeter, staging and navball) is/are way to bright!

This issue has been gaining momentum in my head for the last couple of months, and with all the gorgeous modifications this awesome community has provided to this game, it really disturbs my immersion. I do more and more hit the Lights-out-key (F2) just for clearer visibility when in the pitch black nothingness of space. I've changed all mods that allows it from the Stock KSP UI to the Unity UI, just because of the brightness. And please, don't tell me I've got to play around with my screens calibration; I've got it just where I want it, thank you very much. I like it dark, it should be dark! And by the way, colour calibrated Eizo screen on 10 bit colour per channel should not be the issue.

On a side note, which is more concerning the aesthetics than the functionality, I think that the UI has grown apart from the games graphics, in the sense that it's a bit too pastel coloured and playful. It should be more of a satire feel than a toy, in my humble opinion.

Am I really the only one who feels like this? Is it impossible to mod the UI to look more like the Unity style UI?

Regards,

Björn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.