Staging problem

First of all, perhaps this have been asked before or are easily fixable, but didn't find anything about it in the manuals nor by google searches.. 

Furthermore my english is not very strong so the explaining of the problem are probably not the best.

Anyway the problem is that I want to change the thrust of my engines in the same stage, but are only able to change it one engine at the time.. 

2jcty10.jpg

(I know, not the most elegant or effective rocket, but that not the point)

As you can see I have 4 Ion engine, but I want to avoid having to change 1 and 1 engine to lower the thrust, and then increase the thrust later when landing.. Can't find how I do that, but pretty sure I have managed it before, but that was, if I'm not mistaken, in the assembling process.. 

So is there any way to mark all the engines at the same time so the thrust changes for all of them when changing it for one of them?

Thanks in advance for any answers

As far as I know, once in flight there is no way to change all four engines to the same value simultaneously

It might, and I say MIGHT, be possible with a mod such as kOS but that would require you to have a scriptable control system installed on the ship in the case of kOS

In the assembly process if you added four engines on radial symmetry and then alter the thrust of one engine it does indeed change the thrust of the remaining three that were added at the same time. 

Sorry to disappoint.  Hopefully someone else might have better news / experience than I.

No, not in flight. In flight each engine is controlled independently, regardless of symmetry. The easiest way to simultaneously change throttle is the throttle. Or shut down engines if the extra thrust isn't needed.

3 minutes ago, qzgy said:

No, not in flight. In flight each engine is controlled independently, regardless of symmetry. The easiest way to simultaneously change throttle is the throttle. Or shut down engines if the extra thrust isn't needed.

Yeah if you shut down two engines diagonally it you'll have half the thrust but still be balanced.  Then if you need them on again in a hurry it's easier to reactivate two engines than adjust the power on 4

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

8 hours ago, NewtSoup said:

Yeah if you shut down two engines diagonally it you'll have half the thrust but still be balanced.  Then if you need them on again in a hurry it's easier to reactivate two engines than adjust the power on 4

I was afraid of that, made a somewhat unstable ship to fly around the mun & it doesn't require alot of thrust & are low on eletricity, so wanted lower engine thrust to make sure I didn't run out before landing again.

Also very annoying since I always forget to change the parachutes deploy height, & need to do that manually when landing higher up from water level..

Thank you for the answers though 

(Note, this may be because I have the TCA mod installed, but...)

If you right click each engine (while landed or in flight, not while under power), you should be able to set the thrust limiter for each one.  Make sure they are perfectly even, maybe 10-20% for each, and then see how she flies. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.