Stuff you'd say to 5 year younger you.

quasarrgames

I was a teenager 5 years ago so let's see where this goes...

-Be more cautious with just how much time you play Kerbal Space Program.

-That being said, you know how your velocity with a rendezvoused target gets larger overtime seemingly for no reason? That's because your periapsis and apoapsis aren't exactly aligned.

-If you want to stand out and increase your chances of getting into a good university/job, find a project that you really like and make it real. 

-Invest in Bitcoin

"A day actually is exactly 24 hours long, it's just that there's two kinds of days. The sidereal day is how long it takes Earth to rotate once, and that's 23 hours 56 minutes. But since Earth moves a little bit around the sun each day, it takes a little longer for the sun to rise again, and that's the day that's exactly 24 hours. And that's why we don't get four minutes ahead each day."

19 hours ago, UnionPacific1983WP said:

Note to myself in early 2013: BECOME A RAILFAN TWO YEARS BEFORE YOU OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE! CATCH THE SD90S BEFORE THEY'RE GONE! Even though I didn't have a real HD camera until December 2013...

I started railfanning about 3 years after the Spencer, NC NS heritage unit unveiling... that's like 3 hours away, I could have made that!

...but to be more original, I would tell myself to GET KSP! I didn't even know it existed until I stumbled upon it a while later! I could be enjoying free DLC right now!

• 3 months later...

"Bin your childhood irk dreams. Competely brace the thing you'll like. Stay consistent."

But then that's something that only happens like two years ago. He'd still have to face three years before taking the pivotal decision. No guarantee he won't end feeling as miserably as I am now, five years later.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:47 AM, cubinator said:

The sidereal day is how long it takes Earth to rotate once, and that's 23 hours 56 minutes.

Except in Astronomical Time, where 1 sidereal day is 24h and 1 synodic day is 24h 3m 56s.

Edited by YNM
Guess my statement are not so much game-y.

On 2/17/2018 at 1:30 AM, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:
On 2/16/2018 at 5:27 AM, UnionPacific1983WP said:

Note to myself in early 2013: BECOME A RAILFAN TWO YEARS BEFORE YOU OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE! CATCH THE SD90S BEFORE THEY'RE GONE! Even though I didn't have a real HD camera until December 2013...

I started railfanning

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg+images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR74dItqaA7kUUW71Gcv-L

Well...

You should have left the social networks even earlier.

Checking the mirrors only is not enough while maneuvering in reverse (after all you're not in a 26 t truck).

You should not have canceled your booking for the Supertramp live in 2011.

"In about 2 years, your wife will want to discuss something with your mom, who lives in the basement that you co-own. Make sure you open the discussion first, and burn any doodles your wife makes in the meantime. Things will be much less stressful that way...."

15 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

"In about 2 years, your wife will want to discuss something with your mom, who lives in the basement that you co-own. Make sure you open the discussion first, and burn any doodles your wife makes in the meantime. Things will be much less stressful that way...."

I'm very curious about this one....

Looking back 5 years ago, I'd have to say drink less and date fewer strippers, but even then it's a hard argument to make.     Probably, when faced with the choice, commit to this girl, not that girl. 

20 years ago, much different conversation.    Even then it may have been too late.   22 years could have saved me. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.