Supply and Demand

A mod by Eskandare Heavy Industries

What is Supply and Demand? Supply and Demand is a mod I am working on in active development that allows you to transport goods to various locations and earn funds. The idea is that you drive a truck to a location with a building, load at the loading dock, and haul cargo to a destination. Sometimes the destination is going to be far, far away and you'll need to build aircraft, boats, or even rockets to get there.  The mod will have, at the start, 3 trucks with various cargo attachments for various payloads, industries and a couple of towns. This is an amalgamation of a couple of mods (Cities of Kerbin, Kerbal Trucks, Kerbin Shipping) that I've been silently working on.

Current road map for the mod:

• Trucks! (Lorrys made in Kerbal scale)
  • Buildings!
  • Highways (Motorways)
  • 2 cities, and addons to Kerbin City (Including that dastardly missing bridge between the airport and the city.)
  • Compatibility with other mods

Eye Candy and updates Coming Soon!

Special Thanks and Additional Credit:

• To @Ger_space for taking the time to make additions to Kerbal Konstructs to make this happen.

Edited by Eskandare

23 minutes ago, Sebastiaz said:

Oh and also (bit offtopic) hows your CVX going, just wondering if you're still upkeeping it? The truck also reminds me of them US military trucks. :D

I'm still keeping it up to date. And is available for 1.3.1. I'm actually going about updating all my mods in preparation for KSP 1.4.

Edited by Eskandare

9 hours ago, Human Person said:

Will it all be on Kerbin or do you have munar/ interplanetary cargo in mind too?

I just want to put that Truck on a rocket and drive it on the Mun!

I'll be supporting CRP, SNAKS, USI and EPL/Ground Construction resources, so in a sense, yes. You can decide what you want to do, for example, mine resources from the Mun to be shipped back to Kerbin and be sold at a refinery, or buy a resource from a refinery and ship it into space. For example, if I am using ground construction to build 'things' off wold, I could either 'buy' the resource at the VAB or I could buy it directly from the refinery/factory and ship it myself to KSC and avoid the refinery's 'shipping costs'. Or... I could load the resource on a plane and ship the resource (in this case RocketParts) to a far away warehouse (say KSC 2) and earn a profit. I've been drawing up a balance sheet to keep in game balance so as not to buy at the VAB/SPH and sell it at a 'Merchant' for a profit. In the case of rocket part, the resource is bought cheaply at the factory and is sold to the merchant at the same price as buying rocket parts at the VAB. In this scenario you are earning funds from the shipping. The reason why you need to buy the resource is for insurance, should you crash your truck, plane or (later on in development) sink your ship, you take a loss.

Also, yes, if you should feel like putting  a truck on a rocket and fly it to the Mun, you certainly can, this is KSP right? If @Angel-125 or @RoverDude so pleases they can make containers or such for their rovers, for trucking around off Kerbin. Or I could just make off world containers for their rovers, either way.

Edited by Eskandare

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, guesswho2778 said:

@Eskandare are you still working on this?

Yes I am. I want to make some sort of cities for the mod. I created Kerbin Side Remastered because for this mod KS needed a remake. The plan is to have procedurally generated cities.

nice im really looking forward to this mod it will finally give me a reason to make a cargo plane

oh and a nice idea for you a contract where it is to dangerous to land (no flat surfaces) so you have to drop the cargo out the back and land it with parachutes

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, @Eskandare... Is Supply and Demand going to include air cargo contracts? Or are you focusing on ground freight contracts/capabilities for the most part? I ask because I was thinking about writing a contract pack for cargo moves between locations on Kerbin (probably using you and @AdmiralTigerclaw's nifty new airports!). If you've already got something that covers this in the works, though, let me know 'cause I don't want to spend time writing redundant contracts. Thanks!

EDIT: I re-read the mod description and noticed you do mention airborne/rocketborne freight, so... yeah. I'm guessing a contract pack would be redundant?

Edited by Kardea

2 hours ago, Kardea said:

Hey, @Eskandare... Is Supply and Demand going to include air cargo contracts? Or are you focusing on ground freight contracts/capabilities for the most part? I ask because I was thinking about writing a contract pack for cargo moves between locations on Kerbin (probably using you and @AdmiralTigerclaw's nifty new airports!). If you've already got something that covers this in the works, though, let me know 'cause I don't want to spend time writing redundant contracts. Thanks!

EDIT: I re-read the mod description and noticed you do mention airborne/rocketborne freight, so... yeah. I'm guessing a contract pack would be redundant?

I think what he's going for is to have physical resources you purchase at a source, transport via a ground vehicle to an airport, move to a plane, fly to another airport, move to another ground vehicle, and take to a point to sell.  No contracts involved.

cool idea! Would be interesting if you could leverage your delivery system to create orders that need to be delivered to bases and stations you've built. You'd get the interest of people who primarily launch things into space and you'd be giving stations and bases more purpose / reasons to visit them - something sadly lacking right now.

This sounds awesome!! I heard about it after reading the FAQ on AdmiralTigerclaw's airport mod page. I'm so looking forward to this release so I have a better reason to travel between all of the lovely KerbinSide Remastered locations. Will be following closely.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

would the cargo be like a crate made of parts or a storage thing like liquid fuel etc or like a trailer that could fit in cargo planes. would you have a part that could work with something like Maritime Ships pack so all ships wouldn't have to be 500 part vessels or would the boats have to be stock (which might call the kraken depending on what you carry) but so far everything youve done sounds really good! keep going! 

Edited by GoldenKraken

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.