Ore to Kerbin Missions

shawn Pan

Hi guys,

this problem is very strange. I have a mission to get ore from moon to kerbin.  when i drilled 900 ores into my 3 tanks ( 300 units per tank), first step completed.

but the second one never completed. No matter what you do.  I even designed new ship with exact 850 units of ore and launched on kerbin and land. the 3 and 4 have been completed, but 2 never completed.

Does you guys have this problem?

1 Acquire 850 units of fresh ore from Moon COMPLETE 

2 Have 850 units on your vessel INCOMPLETE

3 Maintain stability for 10 seconds COMPLETE

4 Land your ore on Kerbin COMPLETE

My best guess is an ISRU left active and eating the ore up. Otherwise no, I don't remember ever seeing this in the mining contracts I've done.

Unless... you didn't transfer the ore to another vessel, did you? If so, it's possible the ore didn't count as "fresh", which is a key requirement for mining contracts.

1 hour ago, Atkara said:

Unless... you didn't transfer the ore to another vessel, did you? If so, it's possible the ore didn't count as "fresh", which is a key requirement for mining contracts.

I had one that didn't want to complete and it was something like this.  Was quite a while ago, but IIRC I transferred the ore from my existing Minmus mining facility to an ore tanker that I built for the contract.   Ended up building a fresh ship with its own drills & sent it to complete the contract without going near my old mining rig.

Edited by Cavscout74

2 hours ago, Atkara said:

My best guess is an ISRU left active and eating the ore up. Otherwise no, I don't remember ever seeing this in the mining contracts I've done.

No ,I built the pure mining ship without ISRU. i will delete this contract and try anthor for minmus.

I've transferred ore between my Drilling lander and a freighter designed to reenter Kerbin's atmo for a contract before and had no problems.  I was worried about that too. 

4 hours ago, Atkara said:

Edited by Gargamel

2 hours ago, shawn Pan said:

No ,I built the pure mining ship without ISRU. i will delete this contract and try anthor for minmus.

I just alt-f12 and mark the mission complete. I mean, you DID it, so it's not cheating in the slightest.

12 hours ago, Jarin said:

I just alt-f12 and mark the mission complete. I mean, you DID it, so it's not cheating in the slightest.

It's strange i tried for anther mission get ore from minmus. 

you can see, the second step never completed.  (Chinese version :P)

this is new vessel with 600 ore.  

just want know, normally when the second step will be completed ?  is it the time when we drill 450 and store 450 unit?   

Kerbal_Space_Program_Screenshot_2018_02_

Edited by shawn Pan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.