KSP on laptops

Hello

My PC is W7 and 2011 so I am getting a backup laptop. I was wondering if KSP will run on laptops that are not designed for gaming?

The one I am looking  at (HP Pavilion x360) ( has:

• Windows 10
  • Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD

It does not have a dedicated video card as far as I can tell.

Anyone else running KSP on a similar device?

Keith

While KSP is mainly CPU restrained. having "integrated" graphics will put a large strain on the CPU to take care of that part. I had it running on a Satellite with a dedicated graphics card and it ran pretty hot with anemic performance. But that laptop is about four years old by now, so there's that.

Really the only kicker that I can think of with laptops is that they tend to have lower clocked CPUs to help keep down with heat, since it's much harder to keep a laptop cool than it is to keep a desktop cool.

Looks like that processor has a base clock of 2.5 Ghz.  Should run just fine, just expect to be in the yellow more with larger vessels.  Having a dedicated GPU is nice, but not really a huge concern if you don't play on running any graphics mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.