Rocket

Sammyhasan

Is it possible to put a pusle jet in front of a ramjet  to make a rocket if so what would be the best way to do so. Would it be able to reach 20000 feet. I am sorry before hand for the question but I just got introduced to ramjet and pusle jet with rockets and I am interested in this work but at a beginning of beginning stage of any knowledge of these subjects any help will be well appreciated.

Edited by Sammyhasan

Ok really, please explain to me what you mean by ramjet and pulse jet? Those parts don't really... exist, per se, in the game. We have jet engines and yes, you could make rockets with those. They wouldn't work in space, but might be handy for like an SSTO.

12 hours ago, Sammyhasan said:

Is it possible to put a pusle jet in front of a ramjet  to make a rocket if so what would be the best way to do so. Would it be able to reach 20000 feet. I am sorry before hand for the question but I just got introduced to ramjet and pusle jet with rockets and I am interested in this work but at a beginning of beginning stage of any knowledge of these subjects any help will be well appreciated.

Not sure this is the right forum.

Putting a pulsejet in front of a ramjet will not provide the necessary ram effect for the ramjet to function, because the pulsejet exhaust will be oxygen-poor. You can, however, have something like a peroxide monopropellant rocket in front of your ramjet, to provide a high-speed flow of oxidizer for your ramjet to combust with. 

1 hour ago, sevenperforce said:

Not sure this is the right forum.

Putting a pulsejet in front of a ramjet will not provide the necessary ram effect for the ramjet to function, because the pulsejet exhaust will be oxygen-poor. You can, however, have something like a peroxide monopropellant rocket in front of your ramjet, to provide a high-speed flow of oxidizer for your ramjet to combust with. 

Thank you for the advice I see your point . I do not have a lot of materials and may not be able to access to hydrogen peroxide is there are to make hydrogen I know it may seem a stupid question but these things I do not know about. Or a way to make it purely ramjet with solid fuel booster?

2 hours ago, qzgy said:

Ok really, please explain to me what you mean by ramjet and pulse jet? Those parts don't really... exist, per se, in the game. We have jet engines and yes, you could make rockets with those. They wouldn't work in space, but might be handy for like an SSTO.

Sorry I posted in wrong forum.

5 hours ago, Sammyhasan said:

Thank you for the advice I see your point . I do not have a lot of materials and may not be able to access to hydrogen peroxide is there are to make hydrogen I know it may seem a stupid question but these things I do not know about. Or a way to make it purely ramjet with solid fuel booster?

Without trying to be in any way rude or dismissive...

If you need to ask these kinds of questions, you should not attempt to construct any engine in real life. We do not want you to blow up.

56 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Without trying to be in any way rude or dismissive...

If you need to ask these kinds of questions, you should not attempt to construct any engine in real life. We do not want you to blow up.

I have made a stationary ramjet and pusle jet they work fine but also yes I was not to keen on working with or even attempting to make hydrogen I was thinking the same thing. 

I have decided to only attempt a ramjet with a solid booster. But need some help on the dimensions if you have any insight on this.

Edited by Sammyhasan
Grammar

5 hours ago, Sammyhasan said:

I have made a stationary ramjet and pusle jet they work fine but also yes I was not to keen on working with or even attempting to make hydrogen I was thinking the same thing. 

I have decided to only attempt a ramjet with a solid booster. But need some help on the dimensions if you have any insight on this.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ramjet", but I am pretty sure you haven't made a stationary ramjet, because stationary ramjets cannot exist.

Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a common chemical which is available commercially in low concentrations (1-3% H2O2, 97-99% H2O), but can be used in high concentrations as a low-efficiency rocket propellant. It's just water with an extra oxygen atom crammed into the molecule; that extra oxygen atom is unstable and has a great desire to suddenly and energetically depart.

High-concentration hydrogen peroxide (often referred to as "high-test peroxide" or HTP) has the advantage of producing a hot mixture of steam and oxygen gas at a volumetric ratio of 2:1, which means it could be suitable for starting a ramjet. A ramjet functions by directly compressing supersonic airflow, slowing that airflow to subsonic velocity, and burning it with a fuel; if you use an HTP rocket in front of your ramjet, it could temporarily use the supersonic exhaust stream as its oxidizer source until it got up to speed. 

What you're looking for is most likely a rocket-combined-cycle engine. Google it and read up on it until you can't read any more.

Definitely, reducing H2O2 to the concentrations necessary for rocketry is not for amateurs. That is some seriously wicked, deadly stuff.

Also, you would not want to drive a ramjet with the exhaust of a pulsejet. A ramjet requires laminar, supersonic flow to do it's thing. And of course lots of O2

Best,
-Slashy

10 hours ago, Sammyhasan said:

I have made a stationary ramjet ...

So where's the "ram" ? Is it powered by a sheep ?

Also, if you're attempting high-power rocketry, I'm more concerned on your safety. I could imagine you're doing this on a lower level (so ie. a really small device attached to what would be a rather high-end model rockets), but scaling this up would be a huge problem, both from physics (the ratios are different) and legal (there's a limit on stuff as always).

On the base topic, putting a pulsejet exhaust/intake on the intake of a ramjet won't help anything. Nor is putting any form of rocket exhaust. If you do it's just an afterburner, there's no ramjet qualities from it.

Yes I found this out I had some other suggestion but also I have be informed that I need certificate and clearance even for the technology. I will not attempt a pusle jet in front of the ramjet.

7 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "ramjet", but I am pretty sure you haven't made a stationary ramjet, because stationary ramjets cannot exist.

Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a common chemical which is available commercially in low concentrations (1-3% H2O2, 97-99% H2O), but can be used in high concentrations as a low-efficiency rocket propellant. It's just water with an extra oxygen atom crammed into the molecule; that extra oxygen atom is unstable and has a great desire to suddenly and energetically depart.

High-concentration hydrogen peroxide (often referred to as "high-test peroxide" or HTP) has the advantage of producing a hot mixture of steam and oxygen gas at a volumetric ratio of 2:1, which means it could be suitable for starting a ramjet. A ramjet functions by directly compressing supersonic airflow, slowing that airflow to subsonic velocity, and burning it with a fuel; if you use an HTP rocket in front of your ramjet, it could temporarily use the supersonic exhaust stream as its oxidizer source until it got up to speed. 

What you're looking for is most likely a rocket-combined-cycle engine. Google it and read up on it until you can't read any more.

Yeah I heard this But as you said unstable and I am staying away from this. The ramjet I made we used comprised air To run obviously not like it supposed to but it worked. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.