Ramjet help

Sammyhasan

I have a craft that is 75kg not including the weight of ramjet and fuel I want to  at least fly for 100km if possible I have made a stationary pusle jet and ramjet but I am stuck. Truthfully i am not that knowledgeable about building craft or these mechanisms I am new to all this. So if someone can provide dimensions and plans for a ramjet and solid fuel booster it would be a great help. I am sorry for the vagueness in my post as I said I am new to this. But any advice would certainly help me with dimensions and feasible plans that can carry and push this weight.

It occurred to me in the middle of the night that you might be asking this for a real life application, not in game.  So my apologies to both you and @Vanamonde for my earlier reply in the other thread. 

75kg, is either a really big RC drone, or a pretty small cruise missile.   And over the distances you ask, I'm pretty sure is illegal in the US outside of a couple few restricted airspaces set aside for this, but even then you need some serious approvals to use it. 

How are you going to control this craft?  If you plan on using cell service, then that implies you will be flying it over populated areas (they rarely put cell towers where nobody is).  100km is too far for LOS RC control, so you're stuck with a satellite connection.  And now we're back into cruise missile territory. 

This sounds a lot like an XYZ problem.   So before we can really help, we'll need more info.  What is your intended purpose? What type of craft are you building?  How effective is the pulse jet you have already, etc etc.   Pictures would really help too. 

But if you are planning something illegal, even innocently illegal, then I think the forum will be unable to help. 

The craft is another person's subject my is ramjet but I did know it was illegal I will have to look into getting clearance is it hard. I also have a project to make a rocket now with ramjet with solid booster I looked up on what you said and it was interesting so going for extra credit if I can. My pusle jet was good but maybe not made with right dimensions. 

I agree with Zeiss. What country are you in? This is not just because of ITAR, laws and the necessary means of procuring permits differ depending on the country you are in.  Again, we would like some more information to try and understand why you are doing what you are doing. Easily the hardest part of making large-scale projects like this is doing it legally and safely. Don't worry you will not have been the first person on this forum to dream of making rockets happen in real life. However, most often it is best if these things stay a dream, or become a profession.

2 hours ago, CastleKSide said:

I agree with Zeiss. What country are you in? This is not just because of ITAR, laws and the necessary means of procuring permits differ depending on the country you are in.  Again, we would like some more information to try and understand why you are doing what you are doing. Easily the hardest part of making large-scale projects like this is doing it legally and safely. Don't worry you will not have been the first person on this forum to dream of making rockets happen in real life. However, most often it is best if these things stay a dream, or become a 

Yes I agree and we applied for certificate and permission to build just waiting for reply.

[snipped response to removed content]

What matters is what you want to do - and that is to develop an unmanned system capable of delivering a 75 kg payload at high speed over a distance of 100km.

This sounds an awful lot like you want to make a cruise missile. You do not state what or who the project is for. You say that you applied for permission, but it hasn't been granted. You also don't say *where* you applied for permission.

For example, if you were in North Korea and Kim Jong gave you permission, it could still be illegal for any Americans on the forum to help you - Kim Jong's permission would have no bearing on the legal ability of an American to help you with the project.

You are being far too vague about what this is for, and it really sounds like you are describing a high speed cruise missile.

Edited by Deddly

To put a ramjet on a craft weighting 75 kg this is the project to go 100km round trip at yes high speed and or a rocket ramjet does not have to reach far but if it does well good a cruise missle as I was told about I  researched and needs a lot more work then my projects and I am waiting for permission I do not have to tell you where I am from or where I am studing but I only responded to your comments on my name And about my country of origin

Well this is getting a bit much, racial profiling, ITAR, cruise missiles....like people here are bubbling over with sensitive military secrets.

You know how I know that there is little risk of any secrecy acts being breached? People who hold that kind of information dont talk about it, they dont say things like "Woah there I cant talk about this it might be illegal", they just wont touch this thread. Not to mention the fact that it would be quite difficult to breach ITAR or the Official Secrets Act merely by typing a few paragraphs on a forum thread.

I think its getting a bit over-dramatic.

@Sammyhasan, I think what is freaking people out is the fact that your request is so ambitious. The level of experience and expertice necessary to properly build your aircraft borders on that of a team of professionals. Not only that but it would require significant resource to answer properly. Building an aircraft from scratch with your given capabilities, its a serious challenge probably requiring prototypes, wind tunnel time, computer simulations...that is the sort of thing you need to do to really answer your questions. 

Its weird to be asked these things, especially when you say you have little experience.

Its weird to be asked these things - and to be told you have little experience - when you say you have built working table-top pulse-jets and ramjets - that already very far along in the "build an aircraft from scratch" regime, relatively speaking, Id be very surprised if there was anyone here who has gotten further.

And its weird that you have applied for licenses and things whilst apparently now knowing how to build the thing.

So TL:DR - its a weird question that is practically impossible to answer. Its not the most suspicious thing I have ever seen.

More posts have been removed from this thread. 

Once again, if you think the OP shouldn't be helped with this question, then don't help. Just skip to another discussion. But also don't go around casting aspersions on someone you know nothing about. Whether right or wrong, that kind of confrontational approach makes the forum a less pleasant place for everyone to visit. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.