mods that add jool rings?

putnamto

12 hours ago, putnamto said:

im guessing im seriously missing something here.

ive deleted and reinstalled EVE, and SVE and Kopernicus and i still get no rings on jool at all.

You should post some logs,so we don't blind guess what's going on.

23 hours ago, putnamto said:

so i should download svt? i thought svt was included with sve?

SVE and SVT are two separate mods, though by the same author.  You can use one or the other or both, the choice is yours.  But if you use both, they must be downloaded and installed separately.  (According to your posted GamaData folder, you already have both installed.)

SVE = Stock Visual Enhancements (adds things like clouds).

SVT = Stock Visual Terrain (replaces the stock terrain textures).

It is SVE that adds rings around Jool.  If you're not getting rings then you did something wrong.  I suspect you may not have downloaded and install the SVE textures.  Go back to the SVE thread and re-read the instructions.  You have to download and install SVE and the SVE_Textures.  The reason the textures are a separate download because you can choose between low, medium and high resolution, depending and the capabilities of your computer.

(edit) Correction, both SVE and SVT adds rings around Jool.  With both installed, I believe SVT should give you rings even if you forgot to include the SVE textures.  So I don't think that's your problem.  Maybe you've got the wrong version of Kopernicus installed.  According to Galileo in the SVT thread, Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 is needed, as SVT is not yet updated for the latest Kopernicus release.

Edited by OhioBob

I just looked at Galileo's configs.  The way he has it set up, it's SVT that adds the rings to Jool.  And if SVE is installed without SVT, then SVE adds the rings.  So we should get rings with either SVT or SVE.

So this makes putnamto's problem even more perplexing.  If he's got both SVE and SVT installed (as his game date folder indicates), he should get rings even if he didn't install the SVE textures.  

@putnamto, what version of Kopernicus as you using?  According to Galileo, SVT is not updated yet for Kopernicus 1.3.1-6.  In the SVT thread he says that SVT requires Kopernicus 1.3.1-3.

13 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I just looked at Galileo's configs.  The way he has it set up, it's SVT that adds the rings to Jool.  And if SVE is installed without SVT, then SVE adds the rings.  So we should get rings with either SVT or SVE.

So this makes putnamto's problem even more perplexing.  If he's got both SVE and SVT installed (as his game date folder indicates), he should get rings even if he didn't install the SVE textures.  

@putnamto, what version of Kopernicus as you using?  According to Galileo, SVT is not updated yet for Kopernicus 1.3.1-6.  In the SVT thread he says that SVT requires Kopernicus 1.3.1-3.

i have no idea and no idea of finding out lol

i think i might just delete kopernicus and install the newest version

@putnamto, I just checked my installation.  I have both SVT and SVE installed with Kopernicus 1.3.1-6 and I've got rings around Jool.  But I have checked to see if the other features are working (SVT adds terrain textures and scatter objects).  So while the rings are working, I can't confirm the other stuff.  I see no reason why you shouldn't have rings.  You probably should report your problem in the SVT thread, but first read How to Get Support and gather up the requested information.  

ok, i think ive figured out my problem when doing a complete reinstall of the game.

when i download SVE 1.2.8 theirs gamedata>stockvisualenhancement>sve_configs etc inside of the zip file.

when i download SVE_HIGHRESTEXTURES theirs gamedata>stockvisualenhancements>textures.

when moving these to the gamedata folder of my install i just move the textures frome SVE_HIGHRESTEXTURES to SVE 1.2.8 right?

EDIT, nope didnt work.

Edited by putnamto

11 minutes ago, putnamto said:

now my water looks like excrements.

love this game, ive spent to much loveing time not playing the game, and when i do play the game i just realize something is loveing broken and i have to come back to this loveing message board.

You can use CKAN... it’s for people who have a hard time installing mods manually.

also, multiple people have posted a link for “How to get Support” and you haven’t posted a single log or screenshot yet. You can get mad all you want, but nobody can help you unless you get us the info we need. That being:

an output log

a screenshot of your GameData folder

anything else you think would be helpful.

getting mad and cursing up a storm never fixed anything.

Edited by Galileo

sorry my computer wasnt notifying me of the responses, i only really noticed the last 1 or two every time i posted.

this is my first pc game, coming from a console im used to things just working.

anyways, specs are

cpu fx6300
gpu gtx 1050ti
and 16gb ddr3 ram

log file is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40e46f849ym5g1i/output_log.txt?dl=0

and a screenshot of my installed mods in ckan is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9xgnpwx3tn0hx/Screenshot 2018-02-24 03.17.08.png?dl=0

the jitteryness solved itself though, the game was running completely off of the cpu or something, my gpu read 0 load the whole time it was acting funky and the cpu was stuck at 100 load. a restart resolved this.

Edited by putnamto

@putnamto Are you sure that your hardware is healthy? Recently I had Firefox to slow down massively and after two days, when I was to change hardware parts, I fired a gsmartcontrol (I am on Linux, but this software is multi-OS), and bingo - several reallocated sectors in SMART = bad blocks on hdd.

I don't want to be a bearer of bad news, but drive condition, temperatures / dust, OS-specific condition and integrity of KSP itself are perhaps worth checking...

On 2/18/2018 at 8:25 PM, putnamto said:

so i should download svt? i thought svt was included with sve?

It's not, but SVE should do the trick. Make sure you have downloaded all of SVE's dependencies.

On 2/20/2018 at 5:11 PM, Kerbal101 said:

@putnamto Thats strange, I used OPM+SVT and am sure I had no rings around Jool (but some around Sarnus). I am sorry if I was mistaken, I currently have no ability to run the game due to OS reinstall. :(  I wish you to solve your problem.

Sarnus uses Kopernicus rings, not Jool rings from Stock Visual Enhancements. SVE's Cool rings are hard to miss.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.