How do I get a separate install for RO/RSS?

10 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

No, I want another INSTALL.

19 hours ago, Spricigo said:

Just copy the entire [Kerbal Space Program] folder to a different location.  

You really need to chill and stop being so demanding.  Either do what was suggested or do another install and put the new install somewhere else.

16 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

How would I copy it without the computer thinking they were the same game?

Depending on your platform, you could use:

• A command like "cp -a 'Kerbal Space Program' new_folder", though some might prefer -r instead of -a
  • Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, if you're in a graphical environment that uses Ctrl-C for copying
  • Cmd-C and Cmd-V, if your computer has a command key

1 hour ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

But that's not legal!

You shouldn't be concerned about making copies as long as you aren't sharing it with anyone else. Squad, the company that developed Kerbal Space Program, has officially endorsed making multiple copies of the game for personal use.

The FAQ on the KSP website specifically says: "Can I install the game on more than one computer? Certainly, you can download and play the game on all of your personal computers with the same license. Even if some are Windows and some are mac computers."

Also, if you are using Steam to download KSP and plan to use mods in your main saved game then it's recommended to always run KSP directly from a backup copy in another location and install the mods on top of that copy - not your Steam copy. That's because new updates to the game aren't always compatible with mods that haven't caught up yet and autoupdates in Steam may break a modded game.

In this case you will be running the game directly from the KSP executable file in the new folder outside of Steam. KSP has no DRM and is intended to be run freely without needing the Steam interface.

Edited by HvP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.