Xbox one x rcs Not working

I’m playing on Xbox one x and on the enhanced edition. The RCS will not allow you to apply left thrust. Please fix it. This is causing me so many issues. 

So when I press left on the left stick of the controller the RCS flickers on and off and does nothing  

Thanks

Edited by Relix777

On 2/18/2018 at 10:11 PM, Relix777 said:

I’m playing on Xbox one x and on the enhanced edition. The RCS will not allow you to apply left thrust

So when I press left on the left stick of the controller the RCS flickers on and off and does nothing 

3 possible solutions come to mind;

1- if SAS is enabled you will not be able to rotate/change your bearing... you will thrust in the direction you want to go and the SAS will use the RCS to return you to it's hold point. 

2- make sure you are in the correct RCS setting, Rotation or Linear, for the manoeuvre you are attempting to perform. SAS enabled can cause some issues here for angle changes.

3- make sure  that auto-trim/trim-set isn't turned on, the manoeuvre inputs will have a second colour of pins, this frequently prevents specific direction inputs for me.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

9 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

1- if SAS is enabled you will not be able to rotate/change your bearing... you will thrust in the direction you want to go and the SAS will use the RCS to return you to it's hold point. 

2- make sure you are in the correct RCS setting, Rotation or Linear, for the manoeuvre you are attempting to perform. SAS enabled can cause some issues here for angle changes.

3- make sure  that auto-trim/trim-set isn't turned on, the manoeuvre inputs will have a second colour of pins, this frequently prevents specific direction inputs for me.

9 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

First I want to say thank you so much for your response  

RCS is on and I do have SAS enabled but it’s set to hold in the position that I put it in. I also have tried turning SAS off in order to maneuver correctly. The ship will rotate the way that I want it to in every other direction except when I apply left stick in the left direction. 

So so instead of applying left stick in the left direction I have to apply right trigger and rotate my ship and then I can rotate the ship in the direction I wanted. 

For example:

while I was trying to land on the mun I applied left and right to the right stick in order to point my ship in a retrograde position to have my thrusters pointed forwards the mun. When I applied left stick to the right my ship would rotate and I could stay on path. But sometimes I would over rotate and I would need to apply left thrust to bring it back.  This also happens in take off and I can only head in the right position. 

I do realize that I can roatate my ship and continue on but I would like this to be fixed. This is how I flew for a long time on pc and now that I’m playing on Xbox it isn’t working properly and it kinda sucks. 

I will go thru all of my settings and attempt to rectify the situation with your suggestions. 

Again thank you so much for the help. 

7 hours ago, Leopard said:

Depends if its RCS "not working", as in turns on, but doesn't do anything.

RCS "not working" by refusing to even turn on (i.e. yet another interface control issue)

or its on, but not set correctly

The RCS does turn on and stays on excoet when I apply left stick to the left position. Then it seems to apply it for maybe 0.1 seconds and won’t do it anymore. 

I am going to keep trying but it sucks. 

Thanks for your response it helps!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.