[1.5.1] Baha EPL Redrilled v1.3.02 (12/21/18)

Eskandare

Baha EPL Redrilled

BahamutoD's Drills & Parts for Extraplanetary Launchpads.

xBw9Xca.png

The is an updated version of @BahamutoD 's original Baha EPL mod. The drills are compatible with stock and now animate and behave like stock drills.

I'll be maintaining from now on, or until BahamutoD returns.

You can Download it from SpaceDock Here!

Albums:

Album /a/xcGpu will appear when post is submitted

Album /a/JR0bw will appear when post is submitted

Change Log:

Version 1.3.02 [KSP v1.5.1]

- Fixed attach node direction for 3D Printer and Compact launchpad.

- Removed crew compartment in launch pad and added probe core.

- Cleanup of launch pad config.

Version 1.3.01 [KSP v1.5.1]

-Updated dependencies

-Included Module Manager

Version 1.3 [KSP v1.3.1]

-Full update to KSP v.1.3.1

Version 1.2 [KSP v0.23]

-Added expandable containers

-Added Launchpad

-Added 3D rocket parts printer

BahamutoD's original thread as of (3/2/14), also posted below:

These are a pair of animated augers (one large, one small) for the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod by skykooler and taniwha.

They do not overwrite any parts from the mod and aren't officially part of the mod, just my own addon for them.

-Known 0.23.5 bugs:

-Launchpad dances while being deployed

-3D printer falls through things/things fall through it

Version 1.2

-Added expandable containers

-Added Launchpad

-Added 3D rocket parts printer

Notes: Includes an early version of my Animation Modules plugin that allows the container and 3d printer animations.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the 3D printer yet but I thought I'd let people play with it for now.

Source for the plugin:

bdanimSource0.1.zip

Download:

EL Drills and Parts v1.2 Download

===========================

[Legacy Imgur Album Code Omitted]

==============================

Surface Sample Drill

Also, a science drill was requested. I wanted to make a separate part for that eventually but for now, a rescale and retexture:

FYEyPoK.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88x31.png

Edited by Eskandare

This is awesome, good work.

I found these drills long ago, and modified them to work with stock... but I never released them from fear of licencing and backlash... that was before I knew much about it.

I need to download them and compare it to my fixes :)

These are thee most beautiful drills in the game... it's really good to see them available again!!

6 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

This is awesome, good work.

I found these drills long ago, and modified them to work with stock... but I never released them from fear of licencing and backlash... that was before I knew much about it.

I need to download them and compare it to my fixes :)

These are thee most beautiful drills in the game... it's really good to see them available again!!

I just took the stats of the original and config'ed them in the stock code.

27 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

I've never used these, can someone explain why I would want them? (Other than that the models look awesome)

Other than the models look awesome, the models look awesome :D

But really no, they don't offer any new functionality, unless there's a ventral drill in the mix which is - imo - the biggest missing part in stock.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:43 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Other than the models look awesome, the models look awesome :D

But really no, they don't offer any new functionality, unless there's a ventral drill in the mix which is - imo - the biggest missing part in stock.

I may just make this, as a gift to the mod. I had thought of making a large drilly part to make something like the Mole from Thunderbirds are Go!

B2TMwux.jpg

• 4 months later...

Noticed an issue

Spoiler

MODULE
{

name = ExTarget

TargetName = Pad

TargetTransform = DockingEmpty

}

// Add Build Capability

MODULE
{

name = ExLaunchPad

SpawnHeightOffset = 0
}

far as I can tell the modules are supposed to be  named "ELTarget and ELLaunchPad" respectively. I changed the ExTarget to ELTarget and the module popped up when I reloaded the game, however I didnt see the Launchpad module pop up when I tried the same with it. Im not sure if I should specify a transform name(what could it be?) or..what could be missing. any help would be appreciated. cheers!

got it

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ELLaunchpad
        SpawnTransform = LaunchTransform
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ELTarget
        TargetName = Pad
        TargetTransform = LaunchTransform
    }

I have always loved Baha mods, glad to see you are keeping this one alive.

Edited by Jesusthebird

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks @Eskandare for updating this (and reminding me it exists!)

I found a bug though!  The attach node for the LaunchPad is inverted, as are the 3D printer.  Is this on purpose?

To fix them, change the 1.0 in node stack bottom to -1.0.

The Launchpad should read:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.762755, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

The same for the 3D printer.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.2942, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

I'll be adding support for this in Simplex TechTree when the next version drops in about 20 minutes or so :).  And the upcoming Simplex Resources mod.

With Simplex Resources, I'm not supporting Interstellar Fuel Switch at this stage - maybe later in 2019, but the tanks still fill, even if they don't expand :).

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Thanks @Eskandare for updating this (and reminding me it exists!)

I found a bug though!  The attach node for the LaunchPad is inverted, as are the 3D printer.  Is this on purpose?

To fix them, change the 1.0 in node stack bottom to -1.0.

The Launchpad should read:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.762755, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

The same for the 3D printer.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.2942, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

I'll be adding support for this in Simplex TechTree when the next version drops in about 20 minutes or so :).  And the upcoming Simplex Resources mod.

With Simplex Resources, I'm not supporting Interstellar Fuel Switch at this stage - maybe later in 2019, but the tanks still fill, even if they don't expand :).

Peace.

Thanks for the catch! I'll update with the correction.

Also, I know it avalable on SpaceDock (which is GREAT), but the direct links for the mod and source do NOT work... ??

Now looking in the zip, I dont see a plugin specific to this mod (?)... so I guess no reason for a source link... unless you wanna put the source models and textures up... ;)

7 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Also, I know it avalable on SpaceDock (which is GREAT), but the direct links for the mod and source do NOT work... ??

Now looking in the zip, I dont see a plugin specific to this mod (?)... so I guess no reason for a source link... unless you wanna put the source models and textures up... ;)

Only plugins get posted source files.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.