(1.4.5) Jet Sounds Continued 1.2

Patrick_the_big

On 9/25/2019 at 1:59 PM, Zorg said:

@PART[JetEngine]:NEEDS[RealPlume,JetSounds]:BEFORE[zzJetSounds]
{

!EFFECTS {}

}

This little patch works great with a small change to "JetSoundsCont" in the NEEDS section (to match the directory name),

Then add the names of all the jets that have JSC patches in with the @PART statement. Something like?

@PART[JetEngine,turboFanEngine,turboFanSize2,miniJetEngine,turboJet,RAPIER,SXTVTOLturboFan,SXTLANCER,SXTMiniJet]:NEEDS[RealPlume,JetSoundsCont]:BEFORE[zzJetSounds]
{

!EFFECTS {}

}

Thanks to Zorg and everyone else working this out months ago. The jets never sounded better! (what an improvement from stock. It's no wonder so many people play with the sound off)

Edited by Beetlecat

54 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

@PART[JetEngine,turboFanEngine,turboFanSize2,miniJetEngine,turboJet,RAPIER,SXTVTOLturboFan,SXTLANCER,SXTMiniJet]:NEEDS[RealPlume,JetSoundsCont]:BEFORE[zzJetSounds]
{

!EFFECTS {}

}

Where exactly should the config you posted be placed? I tried to read back through the forums and follow the posts, but i got lost. I can't figure out where I need to insert this config, or what needs replaced?

Sorry to be a complete mess when it comes to MM configs, and I'd appreciate any help or pointers you can give me. I've never really managed to understand MM syntax, or how to make it work, without someone basically holding my hand through the process.  :blush:

13 hours ago, vardicd said:

Where exactly should the config you posted be placed? I tried to read back through the forums and follow the posts, but i got lost. I can't figure out where I need to insert this config, or what needs replaced?

Sorry to be a complete mess when it comes to MM configs, and I'd appreciate any help or pointers you can give me. I've never really managed to understand MM syntax, or how to make it work, without someone basically holding my hand through the process.  :blush:

No worries at all about that from me -- I pester people all the time for stuff that I learned, then forgot, then learn again over the course of passively modding KSP over the years. :) I'm pretty garbage at it.

You can just create a blank file called whatever [JetSoundsContinued-RealPlumeFix.cfg] right in your GameData directory and put the above in it.

Once you get two or three of these, it's a common practice to combine these in a directory of their own that you can move from game to game over time. Making your own "mod" of custom fixes and overrides, etc. This also can be named anything. MM will find it. :)

Edited by Beetlecat

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm going to be adopting this mod.  I have a beta here, with the RAPIER patch fixed for the latest RealPlume, and added in the little patch to fix RealPlume and the mod.

I've also renamed to mod to JetSoundsUpdated

You can download the beta from here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JetSoundsUpdated/releases/tag/1.2.0

Important:  REMOVE THE OLD VERSION TOTALLY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

Please let me know how it works for you.  Assuming no issues, I'll convert it to a full release by the weekend.

Changes

• Adopted by Linuxgurugamer
  • Fixed RAPIER patch for latest version of RealPlume
  • Renamed mod to JetSoundsUpdated
  • Added License & README
  • Added in the little patch to fix RealPlume and the mod.
  • Added .version file

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.