(1.4.5) Jet Sounds Continued 1.2

Patrick_the_big

Whoops, didnt see the log.

The problems the log points out seem to be parts that I copied straight from RealPlume. Is your mm up to date, as well as newest versions of RP and RP-stock?

I'll take a detailed look at everything tonight when I'm not doing it on my phone.

Edited by theonegalen

31 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Whoops, didnt see the log.

The problems the log points out seem to be parts that I copied straight from RealPlume. Is your mm up to date, as well as newest versions of RP and RP-stock?

I'll take a detailed look at everything tonight when I'm not doing it on my phone.

His MM is up to date, according to the log

2 minutes ago, Patrick_the_big said:

I might as well make this an open sourced mod, because I'm doing very little in terms of developing mod :D

It already is

Well, I am completely unable to reproduce the issue at home, @AccidentalDisassembly. I noticed in your log that you don't have RealPlume-Stock installed. Does the issue persist if you have nothing but JetEnginesContinued, RealPlume, RealPlume-Stock, and modulemanager?

Oh, and my new configs?

Edited by theonegalen

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2018 at 3:18 AM, Jesusthebird said:

1.4.1 update gave jet engine sound improvements. How does that fair against JSC now? Does this mod still give better realistic sounds?

YES, OH KERBOL, YES

Edited by theonegalen

On 4/1/2018 at 3:18 AM, Jesusthebird said:

1.4.1 update gave jet engine sound improvements. How does that fair against JSC now? Does this mod still give better realistic sounds?

*cries while looking for the outlet to unplug the vacuum cleaner*

On 4/1/2018 at 1:18 AM, Jesusthebird said:

Sorry, but it might be a while before I can do this stuff again, school started back up for me.

10 minutes ago, Patrick_the_big said:

Sorry, but it might be a while before I can do this stuff again, school started back up for me.

And thats Ok!! I was just wondering if any of squads "improvments" is up to par to this mod yet.

3 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

*cries while looking for the outlet to unplug the vacuum cleaner*

lol, So i take it Squad went from one vacuum cleaner sound...to another? *batman stroking chin* interesting

• 2 months later...

@theonegalen I don't use RealPlume so I wasn't aware of a problem with it, nor that you had a solution to add to this mod. I'll add them to my upload soon.

-- Looks like what (little) I've done may have been a waste of time. If only I had noticed your post sooner. :( 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see this topic is dying, probably because recent KSP updates changed jet engine sounds, and the need for this mod wasn't too great anymore. What I want to do is change the rocket sounds, I like the loud crackling of an SRB in the morning. This mod seems to be more relied on "open source" builds and stuff. It's been a long time since I've played KSP. but I want to keep going on this mod, hopefully with RealPlume support. So far this mod still works with the current version of KSP, which is good. I can re-upload this mod with a newer MM. I've done some testing with rocket sounds, I have a great SRB sound but I can't get it to loop well at all. Thanks for all the support guys.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

A Jet Sounds Continued update :)

Featuring:

• Sound files converted to .ogg (zip/unzipped now 6MB vs 12MB)
  • The missing Rapier config (it will rock Jeb's socks)

DOWNLOAD

I uploaded this patch as an official patch now, I tested all of it, SXT and RealPlume does work with this version

Well here's an interesting brainteaser... Cross-posting in both threads, apologies for duplication. FAO @Patrick_the_big

Today I installed BetterSRBs because, well because bigger rockets. However, on loading ModuleManager throws up some errors - not in BetterSRBs, but in Jet Sounds Continued!

errorladen.png

"Hm. That's weird," I think to myself, and I quit the load, save the log, remove BetterSRBs and retry - success, no errors:

errorfree.png

Obviously this isn't the end of the testing cycle; there could be a third party at work here, so I need to eliminate that possibility. I empty my GameData folder except for Squad, SquadExpansion, BetterSRBs, Jet Sounds Continued, and ModuleManager, and try again - and the errors are still there, albeit on fewer parts as it's not trying to patch the SXT engines. The log of this attempt can be found here, it progressed all the way to the title screen but it's still smaller and easier to decipher than the previous one.

As far as I can tell, the mods don't interact with each other or any common parts, so how/why this happens? All I can say is "good luck!"

Edited by JH4C

@JH4C @Patrick_the_big @theonegalen The errors are from this mod's SXT RealPlume configs. The configs are failing to reach configNodes elsewhere in given part configs to copy from them. There's a problem with the RAPIER RealPlume config too. The entire RealPlume portion of these configs need a inspection.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, JH4C said:

Well here's an interesting brainteaser... Cross-posting in both threads, apologies for duplication. FAO @Patrick_the_big

Today I installed BetterSRBs because, well because bigger rockets. However, on loading ModuleManager throws up some errors - not in BetterSRBs, but in Jet Sounds Continued!

errorladen.png

"Hm. That's weird," I think to myself, and I quit the load, save the log, remove BetterSRBs and retry - success, no errors:

errorfree.png

Obviously this isn't the end of the testing cycle; there could be a third party at work here, so I need to eliminate that possibility. I empty my GameData folder except for Squad, SquadExpansion, BetterSRBs, Jet Sounds Continued, and ModuleManager, and try again - and the errors are still there, albeit on fewer parts as it's not trying to patch the SXT engines. The log of this attempt can be found here, it progressed all the way to the title screen but it's still smaller and easier to decipher than the previous one.

As far as I can tell, the mods don't interact with each other or any common parts, so how/why this happens? All I can say is "good luck!"

Think BetterSBRs needs to change there patch to a :NEED[RealPlumes] and drop the :Need[Smokescreen] this mod used :Need[!RealPlumes]  and you couldn't have mods use :NEED and then some use :FOR for the same mod its like it don't care about the !

Edited by Mecripp

47 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

Think BetterSBRs needs to change there patch to a :NEED[RealPlumes] and drop the :Need[Smokescreen] this mod used :Need[!RealPlumes]  and you couldn't have mods use :NEED and then some use :FOR for the same mod its like it don't care about the !

Yes, mods with dependencies should always use :NEEDS[dependency] instead of :FOR[dependency] because :FOR tells modulemanager that the dependency exists and will mess up any mod using :NEEDS[dependency].

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.