REAL SOLAR SYSTEM 1.3

AntINFINAIt

Hello guys! I saw that @NathanKell is not updating rss because RO is in 1.2. And i decided to config the mod for personal use to work with 1.3

SO HERE IT IS a link for my full install(just drop the contents of GameData in Gamedata). I tested it with a lot of mods . It is good at is sounds. No problem, crash , low fps, or anything.

Textures included for low res . 4k. I sent a message to NathanKell asking if i can distribute this working thingy. I don't think the has enough time to reply, so i put it for download.

This topic will be alive until Realism Overhaul 1.3 updates. In the ReadMe you will find everything you need about who made parts of the content like MM , etc.

*Additional config from @Galileo because it was listing stock planet names.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn73qqvvro9u2ul/RSS1.3full.rar?dl=0

Hello there ! First of all, thank you for the massive work and passion involved here, in creating RSS and other Tools that make KSP so much more realistic...

... But as we are speaking of realism, I need to understand a few things since I'm a bit lost and I don't know where to ask. I've installed the whole RSS-RO-RPO thing from CKAN with all recommanded mods.

I'm reading quite a lot of article by now, about Huge Payload landing on Mars and all the problèmes involved. Parachute won't be possible, terminal speed won't be reached and final velocity will require quite some DeltaV to break the payload before it reaches the ground.

I've tried a little Something, using the inflatable shield, 16t, and, well, no trouble at all. Nothing special, I was about 200 m/s some kilometers above the ground and it would have been easy to kill that speed in order to land, almost without fuel.

This does sound right to me : is the atmosphere of mars representative of what it should be ? 

On 3/3/2018 at 6:16 PM, Dakitess said:

Hello there ! First of all, thank you for the massive work and passion involved here, in creating RSS and other Tools that make KSP so much more realistic...

This does sound right to me : is the atmosphere of mars representative of what it should be ? 

You may want to ask (and thanks) those who wrote and maintain the config in RO thread.

Hey,

Installed this with a clean 1.3.0 install and it pops up that its not compatible while module manager is loading patches. I tried editing the realsolarsystem.version file to max version 1, 3, 0 and it still comes up the same way. Are you using anything else other than a clean install to get this to work and I'm just stupid?

Edit: Also tried this with 1.3.1, with a clean install, started game up first to let it build all the regular data, then installed your RSS install. It doesn't pop up an incompatibility, it just doesn't load the new planets.

@Galileo I found your post talking about the 1.3.1 patch you posted in the "RSS" thread. Problem is, I thought I was in the RSS thread, and searching for another RSS thread actually brought me here, so needless to say I can't find your 1.3.1 patch for RSS. A little pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by MadArkael

15 hours ago, MadArkael said:

Hey,

Installed this with a clean 1.3.0 install and it pops up that its not compatible while module manager is loading patches. I tried editing the realsolarsystem.version file to max version 1, 3, 0 and it still comes up the same way. Are you using anything else other than a clean install to get this to work and I'm just stupid?

Edit: Also tried this with 1.3.1, with a clean install, started game up first to let it build all the regular data, then installed your RSS install. It doesn't pop up an incompatibility, it just doesn't load the new planets.

@Galileo I found your post talking about the 1.3.1 patch you posted in the "RSS" thread. Problem is, I thought I was in the RSS thread, and searching for another RSS thread actually brought me here, so needless to say I can't find your 1.3.1 patch for RSS. A little pointer would be greatly appreciated.

If it pops up a message with This version not compatible with ksp 1.3.x click ok and it will work:D If you want other answers , about mm configs ask the authors, (because i'm not) and if you have questions about modulemanager ask @sarbian. And in the GitHub there are some patches from @NathanKell. Hope i helped you!

On 3/7/2018 at 12:51 PM, AntINFINAIt said:

If it pops up a message with This version not compatible with ksp 1.3.x click ok and it will work:D If you want other answers , about mm configs ask the authors, (because i'm not) and if you have questions about modulemanager ask @sarbian. And in the GitHub there are some patches from @NathanKell. Hope i helped you!

Hey, appreciate the reply. I ended up finding another post about how to take the RSS folder and basically recreate what you did I believe in your file in this topic. However, appreciate you making this topic letting me know that it was possible to get rss in 1.3.1 :)

7 hours ago, MadArkael said:

Hey, appreciate the reply. I ended up finding another post about how to take the RSS folder and basically recreate what you did I believe in your file in this topic. However, appreciate you making this topic letting me know that it was possible to get rss in 1.3.1 :)

Sure! Everything is done with some cfgs

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.