Uncontrollable Spinning

Hello!

I have been playing KSP for a few weeks and really enjoying it. However, recently it has become unplayable due to the RCS putting the craft into an uncontrollable spin, even without SAS on. Sometimes I can temporarily stop the spinning by holding the Q key, but not always and when I let go it speeds up again. I have searched the Internet but none of the tips such as pressing Alt-x have made a difference. Any ideas as to what may be going on?

I do have a joystick, but KSP refuses to acknowledge its presence. Anyway, I think the indicated input in the bottom left is way too regular. The problem can sometimes be solved by closing the game and reopening it, but this is a real pain when you are trying to do something! 

Your problem is mostly likely the joystick.  The engine that KSP runs off (Unity 5) doesn't seem to like some older analog sticks.

Try unplugging it before playing KSP.

If you really want to use the joystick, you'll have to get an virtual joystick/controller emulator.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.