KSP store gone, forever?

surge

I happened to login to the KSP store (kerbalspaceprogram.com) to do some version checking on a previous release and, as always, I click the wrong button and end up at the page where you buy KSP.

Then I noticed it says it's disabled. Does that mean I can't buy the upcoming Making History expansion from there? That would be annoying, because I rather like the peace of mind and simplicity of getting it from the source.

10 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Nope. Store's been offline during the transition after the Take Two purchase. Projected to be up for the next version release. 

I really hope they chuck the existing site and rebuild it from the ground up. Hopefully without those annoying loading screens and other UI elements which just delay the page loading.

So...what happens in the meanwhile if for some strange reason I lost my local copy of KSP (and all my many backups)? At the moment it seems like I can't download a fresh copy from the store. Not really a problem for me as I've got backups and the chance of losing everything is low, but still, just curious. 

3 hours ago, katateochi said:

At the moment it seems like I can't download a fresh copy from the store.

Why not? Worked just fine for me last night. Just log in to the store,  click the “My Account” button, and on that page there’ll be a button off to the right of your KSP purchase that says “Download”. None of that has changed in a couple years. 

2 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Why not? Worked just fine for me last night. Just log in to the store,  click the “My Account” button, and on that page there’ll be a button off to the right of your KSP purchase that says “Download”. None of that has changed in a couple years. 

ok so it's being really inconsistent; after going to the store and logging in and then clicking download it would just return me to the front page. It did that several times and on a few of the passes clicking on my account would also take me to the front page. Then finally (after going through the process like 5 times) it took me to the download page. So yeah, I stand by my original sentiment that the whole site needs to be torn down and rebuilt!

The store site should be able to give you updates on existing purchases, just not new sales. It worked the last time I tried it, anyway. But glitches right now should not be surprising since we know they are actively working on it to get ready to start making sales from the store again. 

Hmm, Take Two, still an Australian company? The guys that made GTA III?

Can't say I'm unhappy about that!

They need to get their excrements together though, that takeover was ages ago.

Edited by surge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.