KSP Enhanced Edition 1st Patch is live!

Hello everyone!

The first patch for Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition is live

This patch includes fixes for over 90 different issues. With this first patch we hope to solve many of the problems that our players have been facing as we continue our commitment to improve the KSP console experience. 

If you want to continue helping us out by providing us with feedback and bug-reports, you can do so through our Bugtracker

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

========================= KSP Enhanced Edition Patch 1 =======================

* Fixed issue where controls are referred to as 'Keys' on the first page of KSPedia.
* Fixed issue where analog throttle switching only works in Enhanced (Simplified).
* Fixed issue where switching to or from map view can result in the screen rapidly switching between flight and map.
* Fixed issue where editor tool buttons can be interacted with while holding parts on Simplified preset.
* Fixed issue where gameplay resumes without closing Controls window if pause button is pressed while on the Controls window during a launch.
* Fixed issue where debug content is accessible using a keyboard.
* Fixed issue where tracking station Look Around function does not work while the list region is selected.
* Fixed issue where undo is limited to two levels.
* Fixed issue where tutorial text for 'Advanced Construction' is out of date.
* Fixed issue where 'parts with crew capacity' scrolls to the bottom after seats are filled automatically.
* Fixed issue where fine rotation (yaw) conflicts with Undo and Redo in Cursor.
* Fixed issue where KerbNet Access' 'Move mode' icon cannot be highlighted in 'Simplified' preset and as a result it cannot be moved.
* Fixed issue where misspelled word in the Warp to Maneuver section of The Mun Part 1 Training.
* Fixed issue where 'KerbNet Access' 'Part Action Window' cannot be closed if the cursor clicked on the  Cycle Display Mode' first in Radial preset.
* Fixed issue where Kerbals on EVA appear with a permanent highlight.
* Fixed issue where returning to KSC screen while flag is unfinished causes game input lock & slightly corrupted flag.
* Fixed issue where toggling cursor mode with waypoint selected cause the dialog to spasm.
* Fixed issue where make throttle control work in cursor mode.
* Fixed issue where VAB look at camera constraint makes craft and part selection low to the floor too difficult.
* Fixed issue where initial position of vessel and camera in SPH is too high/wrong.
* Fixed issue where pressing "X" to switch to Basic filtering produces no effect when in the Subassembly tab while in the Spaceplane Hangar.
* Fixed issue where achievements and trophies can be easily unlocked when using the enhanced sandbox utility menu.
* Fixed issue where button prompts overlap with UI when changing control scheme while holding a part in the Vehicle Assembly.
* Fixed issue where in the 3 presets, opening a Pause menu on top of the enhanced sandbox utility menu works differently.
* Fixed issue where reordered grid positions of PAWs when one is removed and KerbNet is visible.
* Fixed issue where stage stack is corrupted when player switch to another vessel.
* Fixed issue where players lose control of their vehicles after toggling the 'Stage View' under the 'Resources' menu.
* Fixed issue where title becomes unresponsive when suspending the title while the enhanced sandbox utility menu is open in the runway.
* Fixed issue where selection breaks after clicking in the empty space of the message button with the cursor.
* Fixed issue where Circle/B to close PAW after storing experiments in a pod isn't working.
* Fixed issue where root part assignment requires two attempts for floating assemblies.
* Fixed issue where players lose control of their vehicles after toggling any button within the App when the 'Resources' App is pinned.
* Fixed issue where extended part info is not working in R&D.
* Fixed issue where entry cost button in Editors is non-functional.
* Fixed issue where entry cost button in R&D is missing.
* Fixed issue where application fails to load properly then crashes during gameplay when suspended or constrained during the initial loading screen.
* Fixed issue where title loses functionality when selecting 'Load Save' from the pause menu during a Hard mode Career.
* Fixed issue where 'Getting Started and Basic Construction' dialog has grammatical errors.
* Fixed issue where there are three misspelled words in To the Mun Part 1 tutorial.
* Fixed issue where there is a typographical error in the description of the vessel 'ComSat Lx'.
* Fixed issue where there is a spelling error in the dialogue for Basic Flight tutorial.
* Fixed issue where advanced construction tutorial is missing period and space.
* Fixed issue where sentences are missing a space after the period in descriptions in the Scenarios section.
* Fixed issue where 'FL-T100 Fuel Tank' spelling is inconsistent in tutorial Intermediate Construction.
* Fixed issue where text for Brake Group in controls should be "Toggle Brake Group".
* Fixed issue where [ENH] Misspelled word "attachement" in Controls App text.
* Fixed issue where [LEG] Misspelled word "symmmetry" in Controls App text.
* Fixed issue where cross button not displayed on the last step of Docking tutorial.
* Fixed issue where last step of Docking tutorial can't be dismissed.
* Fixed issue where unlocking staging in the Radial preset activates stages.
* Fixed issue where saving a satellite under reserved IO names fails.
* Fixed issue where no controls listed for how to focus PAW with controller in the Editor.
* Fixed issue where it is possible for a player to delete their persistent save file.
* Fixed issue where bringing up a prompt in the action group tab with a part selected results in it being inoperable and cannot be dismissed.
* Fixed issue to warn player that achievements/trophies are disabled when opening enhanced sandbox utility menu.
* Fixed issue where broken input when using time warp while planting a flag.
* Fixed issue where "Recover Vessel" button can be pressed at any moment using Simplified controls preset.
* Fixed issue where enhanced sandbox settings were not resetting when switching games.
* Fixed issue with invisible selector after disabling SAS.
* Fixed issue where SAS mode Radial In/Out are transposed.
* Fixed issue where partial loss of functionality occurs when disconnecting the controller in the front end 'Settings' menu.
* Fixed issue where pressing 'LB + [Rotate]' does not perform a 'Fast 5 degree rotate' when in the VAB with the 'Cursor' preset.
* Fixed issue where pressing 'B' does not dismiss the pause menu when returning from suspension with the KSPedia open during a launch.
* Fixed issue where target markers are offset from the actual target when viewed from a distance.
* Fixed issue where Part Action Windows (PAWs) overlap the KSPedia scroll bars.
* Fixed issue where exception message appeared while trying a Mun landing.
* Fixed issue where the title soft locks when saving after completing an asteroid capture contract.
* Fixed issue where 'Restart Time' function is triggered when dismissing the prompt after reconnecting the controller with the KSPedia open.
* Fixed issue where partial loss of functionality occurs when reconnecting the controller with both the KSPedia and 'Flight Results' windows open.
* Fixed issue where there is no practical way to cancel a 'Warp To'.
* Fixed issue where save data corrupts when terminating the title on the loading screen after launching a vessel with over 70 saved vehicles.
* Fixed issue where the "Mun Rover, Mun Rover" achievement is rewarded upon entering orbit with the mun.
* Fixed issue where Square/X is not working well to open PAWs in in a career game.
* Fixed issue where time scale isn't reset when user exits to main menu.
* Fixed issue to reset camera when preset is changed.
* Fixed issue where part selection is broken when user leaves App region.
* Fixed caption on Editor > Place Tool with SIMPLIFIED preset.
* Fixed Gamepad issues during main menu in Xbox.
* Fixed being able to recover vessel when it's not landed (or splashed) in Kerbin.
* Fixed Look Around on Map.
* Fixed multiple windows added when KerbNet button is pressed.
* Close PAW's when EVA Report is opened.
* Avoid moving the camera while pause menu is opened.
* Force hide part tooltip when user switch between editor panels.
* Avoid detach stage when if pilot seat is not selected.
* Changes on R&D are ignored when user exit quickly.
* Added a delay to avoid ignore changes when player changes between facilities quickly.
* Improved part list caption refresh when a category or subcategory is selected.
* Fixed “IndexOutOfRangeException when 5 PAWs are opened with a KerbNet.
* Research button can't be pressed in R&D.
* Fixed problem saving with vessel destroyed.
* Fixed several save pipeline issues.

Thank you and happy launchings!

I can’t get bugtracker to work for some reason 

- EVERYTHING is crew hatch, and seems to prevent you from obtaining science experiments, Eva reports etc

- sometimes you take a pile of missions, and it prevents you from returning to KSC, or it just “forgets” what you accepted, same with science points in research lab. 

The time warp bug is an absolute game stopper and it doesn't look like it was addressed. 

As career mode progresses on ps4 you eventually cannot time warp and then save afterwards. The game completely locks out saving, loading, return to space centre or tracking station, in some cases you cannot recover vehicle when landed on Kerbin. This has been a major complaint, how could it not be addressed? All of these fixes are great but you cannot finish career with this bug. 

Has this been addressed in this patch? Are you even aware of it?

Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Silentdeathforu said:

- EVERYTHING is crew hatch, and seems to prevent you from obtaining science experiments, Eva reports etc

I noticed that one as well. 

Not sure if a bug or I'm missing the correct shortcut - Anyone know how to reset the camera focus to the vessel? I can manually select a different celestial body (although there doesn't seem to be an easy cycle like before EE) but don't have a way to go back to the craft.

Hi Kerbanauts 

I've had a little play around over many, many hours on enhanced and I've come across a way to circumvent the time warp Crash. 

It's not ideal but works every time. 

I hit time warp at full speed for about thirty days. Try to save or recover.  If it doesn't work, full warp for 40 days. If it doesn't work, full warp for 50 days. After which it always allows a save and goes back to responding normally. I'm on xbox one. Hope it works for you guys too. 

Phil v B

3 hours ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

The time warp bug is an absolute game stopper and it doesn't look like it was addressed. 

As career mode progresses on ps4 you eventually cannot time warp and then save afterwards. The game completely locks out saving, loading, return to space centre or tracking station, in some cases you cannot recover vehicle when landed on Kerbin. This has been a major complaint, how could it not be addressed? All of these fixes are great but you cannot finish career with this bug. 

Ridiculous.

See my post below

For those of you having problems with Time warp in space and other serious problems, I have heard reports that disabling Advanced Tweakables seems to solve a number of issues. Maybe that can help you as a temporary workaround?

I note that they say this is the first patch, so it looks like they are still working on some things. 

13 hours ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Ridiculous.

Aw man, are you telling me the time warp bug isnt fixed yet?  This is the main game breaker for a lot of people, myself included, it really should have been a top priority.  If this hasnt been sorted, I guess I wont be playing it again any time soon.  Very disappointing.

12 hours ago, mpusch said:

I noticed that one as well. 

Not sure if a bug or I'm missing the correct shortcut - Anyone know how to reset the camera focus to the vessel? I can manually select a different celestial body (although there doesn't seem to be an easy cycle like before EE) but don't have a way to go back to the craft.

I'm seen that one too, it's just reallly annoying. At least the time warp bug dosen't happen in sandbox mode!

5 hours ago, Deddly said:

For those of you having problems with Time warp in space and other serious problems, I have heard reports that disabling Advanced Tweakables seems to solve a number of issues. Maybe that can help you as a temporary workaround?

I note that they say this is the first patch, so it looks like they are still working on some things. 

4 hours ago, Ineedaweapon said:

Aw man, are you telling me the time warp bug isnt fixed yet?  This is the main game breaker for a lot of people, myself included, it really should have been a top priority.  If this hasnt been sorted, I guess I wont be playing it again any time soon.  Very disappointing.

Tried to post my own message under this thread but the moderator hasn't moderated it yet. The game bug (for me) is worked around by warping 30 days full speed. Try save. 30 days full speed warp. Try save. 30 days full speed warp. Try save or recover. Then I just load the save that worked and your back in business. Not ideal but a workaround that works every time.. For me anyway.

Took me hours to figure it out

Edited by Philvbrown

16 hours ago, Philvbrown said:

Tried to post my own message under this thread but the moderator hasn't moderated it yet. The game bug (for me) is worked around by warping 30 days full speed. Try save. 30 days full speed warp. Try save. 30 days full speed warp. Try save or recover. Then I just load the save that worked and your back in business. Not ideal but a workaround that works every time.. For me anyway.

Took me hours to figure it out

Thanks, Ill give this a go next time Im on.  Even so, workarounds like this shouldnt be needed.

15 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

For me the time warp bug dosen't happen at all. Am I missing something?

Perhaps youve just been lucky?  Or maybe theres another unknown element that causes this bug, which could be why they havent been able to fix it yet.

I'm not getting the time warp bug; it's gone. I also have Advanced Tweakables enabled.

I've honestly not come across any game breaking bugs yet. The only 2 issues I've found are:

1) Some dips in framerate when setting maneuvers.

2) Occasionally the Warp increase button will not work (RB) until you press LB first. This seems to happen when the warp loses focus, then you return.

Great work guys!!

On 24/02/2018 at 11:11 AM, Agarwel said:

So is the docking bug fixed?

If you dock two ships. Then undock them. Land of of these and recover it, then both ships are recovered. Even the already undocked second ship, that should remain on orbit :-(

Unfortunately not. I personally haven't had this issue so far until yesterday. Launched a reusable lifter ,after launching payload and  landing it recovered the vessel in orbit also.

On 23/02/2018 at 4:29 PM, UomoCapra said:

Fixed issue where players lose control of their vehicles after toggling the 'Stage View' under the 'Resources' menu.

Nope this one still seems to be happening. Xbox cursor controls.:(

17 minutes ago, mikey117 said:

Unfortunately not. I personally haven't had this issue so far until yesterday. Launched a reusable lifter ,after launching payload and  landing it recovered the vessel in orbit also.

so we still need to wait for second patch and hopefully the game will be playable (=without gamebreaking bugs) then :-(

7 hours ago, Deddly said:

Advanced Tweakables?

I dont have and have never had advanced tweakables active.  Though, I finally got a chance to play it earlier and managed to do a mission to Duna and back with no problems.  Maybe they forgot to add it to the patch notes?  Maybe fixing another bug also fixed the time warp one?  Can anyone confirm that they’ve experienced the time warp bug since the patch?

Edited by Ineedaweapon