KSP Enhanced Edition 1st Patch is live!

Wow. So I decided I will give the new version a go. And I can not even start it. I get the initial logo for approx 30 seconds (I believe it is not even the game starting.  It is just the logo you get when recovering from suspend etc. - basically the one before the game load). Then the games crashes back to the dashboard.

Way to fix your game!

On 24.2.2018 at 12:54 AM, mpusch said:

I noticed that one as well. 

Not sure if a bug or I'm missing the correct shortcut - Anyone know how to reset the camera focus to the vessel? I can manually select a different celestial body (although there doesn't seem to be an easy cycle like before EE) but don't have a way to go back to the craft.

L3 or R3 (one of these, not sure witch one) when in mapview for ps

Firstly, my thanks

secondly, career mode now seems to work, not had a bug kicking me from returning to KSC, even with time warp so far. Can but upgrade parts and not yet had a contract go walkies.

nice to be able to run a mission without having to save after each burn

still the issues with “press B for more info” in R&D closing the window, irritating but not game breaking - assign one of the other buttons (Y?) to be More Info?

8 hours ago, Leopard said:

secondly, career mode now seems to work, not had a bug kicking me from returning to KSC, even with time warp so far.

Just a question - have you got to the mission where you are asked to dock two ships? In the unpatched version, if you docked two ships, undocked them and then landed and recovered one of them, the recover function recovered both of them (even already undocked ship from orbit).

Im still curious, if this is fixed? Because this is gamebreaking as soon as you want to use some spacestation on the orbit. Returning any vehicle that would doct with it would remove it from orbit too. :-/

1 hour ago, Agarwel said:

Just a question - have you got to the mission where you are asked to dock two ships? In the unpatched version, if you docked two ships, undocked them and then landed and recovered one of them, the recover function recovered both of them (even already undocked ship from orbit).

Im still curious, if this is fixed? Because this is gamebreaking as soon as you want to use some spacestation on the orbit. Returning any vehicle that would doct with it would remove it from orbit too. :-/

Not as yet, hopefully will get that one today, still at “orbit the mun”

On 2/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, Agarwel said:

Wow. So I decided I will give the new version a go. And I can not even start it. I get the initial logo for approx 30 seconds (I believe it is not even the game starting.  It is just the logo you get when recovering from suspend etc. - basically the one before the game load). Then the games crashes back to the dashboard.

Way to fix your game!

I am very certain that if you just wait the problem will solve itself. Happened to me once, just wait a few days and see what happens 

well have now docked a few craft, haven't yet landed anything that docked back at base, however so far not a single actual issue I've noticed (using cursor mode still to avoid problems with accidental trim setting and to make the throttle work etc).

Out & back to minmus with the time warp, again still not used for an age as the trips are not huge but it seems to be working.

Tomorrow should see crew flights to an LKO station so will see if that recovers the station (which will be irritating)

So I played it for a while yesterday (the gme start know. So I dont know why it was crashing few days before)
And just with my second launch I again encountered the control lock problem. Im really not sure if it is bug or if Im missing something (activating some mode by mistake by pushing some buttong combination). But here is my problem, that I encounter fromtime to time periodically:

- I launch the rocket and fly fine for some time
- I usually play with some menu item. (for example checking the mission status, notifications, fuel status,..)
- And then suddentyl ship stops receiving inputs. I can not steer. I can not activate another stage by X. I cn not use circle to togge sas, etc. Basically the control scheme does not work. But I can switch to cursor mode and control the ship from there (select decoupler and decoupel from there. Show parachute properties and open it from there)

I already noticed that such behaviour can happen in some cases - for example when you select time warp from radial manu, then slow down to 1x, but dont use circle button to deactiva time warp mode. Then controls dont work and it is easy to miss.
But Im sure I was not in time warp mode. I had fuel, I had full battery. I was not in RCS mode. Staging was not locked. So i have no idea why this is happening. :-(

On 02/03/2018 at 9:40 AM, Agarwel said:

So I played it for a while yesterday (the gme start know. So I dont know why it was crashing few days before)
And just with my second launch I again encountered the control lock problem. Im really not sure if it is bug or if Im missing something (activating some mode by mistake by pushing some buttong combination). But here is my problem, that I encounter fromtime to time periodically:

- I launch the rocket and fly fine for some time
- I usually play with some menu item. (for example checking the mission status, notifications, fuel status,..)
- And then suddentyl ship stops receiving inputs. I can not steer. I can not activate another stage by X. I cn not use circle to togge sas, etc. Basically the control scheme does not work. But I can switch to cursor mode and control the ship from there (select decoupler and decoupel from there. Show parachute properties and open it from there)

I already noticed that such behaviour can happen in some cases - for example when you select time warp from radial manu, then slow down to 1x, but dont use circle button to deactiva time warp mode. Then controls dont work and it is easy to miss.
But Im sure I was not in time warp mode. I had fuel, I had full battery. I was not in RCS mode. Staging was not locked. So i have no idea why this is happening. :-(

Are you using a probe core to control the ship?  You can lose direct control if it loses its signal connection or runs out of electricity.  If it isn’t that then I don’t know, I’ve been playing all week without any control issues.  Maybe it’s a radial preset issue?  I use the cursor preset and so timewarp using LB + X or B (L1 + square or circle on ps4 presumably).

34 minutes ago, Ineedaweapon said:

Are you using a probe core to control the ship?  You can lose direct control if it loses its signal connection or runs out of electricity.  If it isn’t that then I don’t know, I’ve been playing all week without any control issues.  Maybe it’s a radial preset issue?  I use the cursor preset and so timewarp using LB + X or B (L1 + square or circle on ps4 presumably).

No no probe core. And it happened during my second launch (= escape atmosphere mission). I did not even go to orbit. So connection to Space Center should be completelly fine. As mantioned I could control the ship with cursor (luckily all I needed was to decouple and use parachute and pod positions itself retrograde by itself.)

But it is annonying. It happens to me randomly and I have no idea what is causing it and how to avoid it. Basically in the default control scheme (where you can switch by L3 between cursor and radial) the cursor part is working 100% fine, but most of the controls in the radial gets locked out (you can access menu, go to map, swtich to cursor .But ship controls are down)

So I have just finished the "dock two ship in Mun orbit" mission. And they were recovered individually.

So far it runs fine, without issues - except the occasional control lock issue and Im still not sure if it is bug or my pusshing some button combination that enables some control mode without me knowing it even exists....

So about that control lock issue - Im now 100% sure it is bug. And not me missunderstanding some flight controls. Because it happened to me even in the space center main screen now. I could control the game by the cursor. But as soon as I pressed L3, the cursor should dissapear and I should be able to use stick to browse the icons on the left side of the screens (one of them should be highlighed). And this did not happened. None of the icons was highligheted. I could not browse them.

Switching back to the cursor I could load up any building and continue playing.

And again - this happened to me after I was checking the notification queue.

I'm experiencing a large amount of audio distortion in the form of high pitched crackling when using any space plane engines that have a "wet" mode. I've reported this problem multiple times since launch of the enhanced edition. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?