[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'CORE' 2.0.16

hraban

1 hour ago, evilman222 said:

I've got the latest version of all the submods installed, nut for some reason I can't get any of the parachutes from the CORE added to the VAB. I tried loading some of the premade ships included with the mod, but they all give me a "contains missing or invalid parts" error. The parts of the mod that are working (which is about 90% of it) are amazing, so keep up the good work!

Please check the dependencies and make sure that only KSP 1.4.1 compatible mods are installed.
For example, installing the Realchute mod might prevent the use of Contares Core parachutes.

Take a look at the game log to narrow down the problem.

14 hours ago, hraban said:

Please check the dependencies and make sure that only KSP 1.4.1 compatible mods are installed.
For example, installing the Realchute mod might prevent the use of Contares Core parachutes.

Take a look at the game log to narrow down the problem.

Yeah it turns out I did something INCREDIBLY stupid when installing the core part and for some reason put the gamedata folder from the mod into the "ships" folder on my KSP installation. Moral of the story: don't install mods while drunk haha. That said, the more I mess around with the mod the more I love it. It'

Also, any chance the manual for 1.8.9 gets updated at some point in the future? Figuring out how to build the various launch systems is easy enough, but the manual was a nice reference.

1 hour ago, evilman222 said:

Yeah it turns out I did something INCREDIBLY stupid when installing the core part and for some reason put the gamedata folder from the mod into the "ships" folder on my KSP installation. Moral of the story: don't install mods while drunk haha. That said, the more I mess around with the mod the more I love it. It'

Also, any chance the manual for 1.8.9 gets updated at some point in the future? Figuring out how to build the various launch systems is easy enough, but the manual was a nice reference.

Maybe, if everything works according to my wishes, I do not know anymore what to build or to texturize, then I rework the print overview.

ok, with some help from a few friends...2.3.9 and 2.3.8 are flagging incompatible warnings.
2.3.7 is not.

on another related matter, are there installation instructions for the addons to contares?

never mind. figured it out.

Edited by RaiderMan

Hi @hraban,

I will try your nice mods but I would like to know if you could make it available via Curseforge and/or GitHub as spacedock seems to have issue sometimes. At least on my side.

Anyway, thanks for your great job.

Edited by FrancoisH

2 hours ago, FrancoisH said:

Hi @hraban,

I will try your nice mods but I would like to know if you could make it available via Curseforge and/or GitHub as spacedock seems to have issue sometimes. At least on my side.

Anyway, thanks for your great job.

Many Thanks!

GitHub is planned in the near future. CurseForge is a lame and awkward platform that steals my time. Sometimes SpaceDock needs a bit of patience, hey!

Alles wird Gut :wink:spätestens wenn der Foren-Kindergarten erwachsen wird.

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, Kerbal01 said:

Looking for a 0.9375m fairing base for the Z9 on lyra. Have the Core and MEU packs but one does not seem to be in.

Right, so far stock fairings are not available for all diameter. This is partly because i do not like the previous model, on the other hand, i personally prefer to use ProceduralFairing.

Edited by hraban

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VaPaL said:

@hraban @Kottabos made a series of videos on the CSAs mods:

*snip*

Yes, I know and appreciate the work of Kottabos. However, I think the presentation of the single Parts is too easy and does not reflect the real potential of each sub-mods.

7 minutes ago, hraban said:

However, I think the presentation of the single Parts is too easy and does not reflect the real potential of each sub-mods

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately it already took him several videos and some videos ended longer than he is used to. Your mods add A LOT to KSP, his format of videos are not suited for it. But his videos still valid to show the quality of the work done in modeling the parts and the HUGE amount of parts tha CSA Contares suit adds :P 

• 4 weeks later...

I am having very strange RCS effects that only occur with CONTARES and one other mod (Space Launch System). basically the effects are not only huge blooms but they are also in opposition to the direction to the way they are meant to be firing. The physical effects still apply as normal, just the visual effects are off. Here is an example phot. Here the capsule RCS is visually firing in the right direction, but the SM RCS is not. Same massive bloom though.

arW8VHI.jpg

3 hours ago, Cdodders said:

I am having very strange RCS effects that only occur with CONTARES and one other mod (Space Launch System). basically the effects are not only huge blooms but they are also in opposition to the direction to the way they are meant to be firing. The physical effects still apply as normal, just the visual effects are off. Here is an example phot. Here the capsule RCS is visually firing in the right direction, but the SM RCS is not. Same massive bloom though.

It would be very helpful if you could name the RCS part (s). In the picture I can not recognize Contares RSC parts. The RCS problems should actually be fixed in operation with  KSP 1.4 and higher. For the operation with older KSP versions no function guarantee can be given.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:23 PM, hraban said:

It would be very helpful if you could name the RCS part (s). In the picture I can not recognize Contares RSC parts. The RCS problems should actually be fixed in operation with  KSP 1.4 and higher. For the operation with older KSP versions no function guarantee can be given.

The pic does not show Contares parts, but displays the same characteristics  as current Contares RCS (at least on my copy). I wonder if its a mod conflict

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

The pic does not show Contares parts, but displays the same characteristics  as current Contares RCS (at least on my copy). I wonder if its a mod conflict 

A mod conflict, possibly due to a module manager script created incorrectly, can not be ruled out.
Without concrete information and log-file can not be helped in this case.

You are sure to:

- using the latest version of the Contares CSA Mods?
- up to date with KSP?

13 minutes ago, hraban said:

A mod conflict, possibly due to a module manager script created incorrectly, can not be ruled out.
Without concrete information and log-file can not be helped in this case.

You are sure to:

- using the latest version of the Contares CSA Mods?
- up to date with KSP?

Up to date CSA and KSP, the only other mod I can find with the same issue is the above pictured Space Launch System by Sobol

2 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Up to date CSA and KSP, the only other mod I can find with the same issue is the above pictured Space Launch System by Sobol

No other report this problem and i can't reproduce, so check your installation.

This is the list of the mods which are installed with me and run without compatibility problems:

000_TexturesUnlimited
000_USITools
001_ToolbarControl
AnyRes
Chrononaut
ClickThroughBlocker
Coatl Aerospace
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTraitIcons
Contares
Contares_BYOSSM
Contares_EYE
Contares_IND
Contares_KHI
Contares_LEM
Contares_MEU
Contares_NAM
Contares_NBS
Contares_NIP
Contares_PROBES
Contares_RUS
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicScienceAnimate
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
Firespitter
IndicatorLights
JamesWebb
JanitorsCloset
KAS
Kerbaltek
KerbNetController
KIS
KronalVesselViewer
LandingHeight
MechJeb2
ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
MunSeeker
NavyFish
OneWindow
PartCommanderContinued
PortraitStats
ProceduralFairings
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
REPOSoftTech
RetractableLiftingSurface
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipManifest
SmokeScreen
Squad
SquadExpansion
SSTL
StockVisualEnhancements
TakeCommand
TarsierSpaceTech
ThunderAerospace
TrackingStationEvolved
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage
VanguardTechnologies
VesselMover

Edited by hraban

• 2 months later...

More science instruments planed

From left to right: radial mount ION-Trap, radial mount small camera 0,22 m lens, both instruments has 0.3125m side length. Third is a french camera module used on SPOT satellites.

EXP-Instruments,medium_large.2x.1534688792.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Is the installation of Realplume, Tweakscale and RTL absolutely necessary for CSA Core to function? I have a lot of mods installed, and I don't particularly want to install many more.

Concerning RTL I can't make any statement, the private, german speaking TV station can't be implemented in KSP :wink:
Tweakscale, RealPlume and the other - required - mods are not in the OP without reason. With the exception of RealPlume, there is almost no need for much more RAM space since only the plugins are needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.