[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'CORE' 2.0.16

hraban

This has been adressed in the Contares KHI thread: 

Yes, the TweakScale definition for the KHI solar panel is from the time before the split into many single mods. This will be cleaned up with the next update. For technical reasons, a short term update is not possible.

Edited by hendrack

2 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Hraban, did you see my call to you in the Tweakscale thread? Lisias says there's a serious problem where your TS patches are double-patching parts.

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

This has been adressed in the Contares KHI thread: 

Double patching problem is fixed, load the latest version on GitHub. The changes to the Tweakscale settings affect all sub-mods.

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks Hraban for the super-quick fix! :)

The described "problem" would not have occurred if you had not mixed different versions of the mods. Because the truss-octo mesh patch is from the time of KSP 1.4.5. It's not for nothing that you have to remove old versions completely and then install the new ones. ;)

Edited by hraban

5 hours ago, hraban said:

The described "problem" would not have occurred if you had not mixed different versions of the mods. Because the truss-octo mesh patch is from the time of KSP 1.4.5. It's not for nothing that you have to remove old versions completely and then install the new ones. ;)

Redoing this post as I misread that to say that I had mixed versions of Contares mods. The NF Construction mod from Nertea is his latest download and claims to be 1.8.1 compatible.

Edited by vossiewulf

FYI after grabbing the latest version, the problem is much improved but not gone. From the KSP.log:

[LOG 21:00:43.078] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on KhiSP.SZ (KhiSP-SZ).
[LOG 21:00:43.078] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KhiSP.SZ (KhiSP-SZ) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

[ERR 21:00:43.085] Cannot find config in file : _1875

[LOG 21:00:43.085] [TweakScale] INFO: NULL ConfigNode for Contares_RUS/Parts/ZIRP/ZIRP_L _1875/ZIRP_L_1875 (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!

I can just nuke those parts so no rush to fix in my case at least.

3 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

FYI after grabbing the latest version, the problem is much improved but not gone. From the KSP.log:

[LOG 21:00:43.078] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on KhiSP.SZ (KhiSP-SZ).
[LOG 21:00:43.078] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part KhiSP.SZ (KhiSP-SZ) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0

[ERR 21:00:43.085] Cannot find config in file : _1875

[LOG 21:00:43.085] [TweakScale] INFO: NULL ConfigNode for Contares_RUS/Parts/ZIRP/ZIRP_L _1875/ZIRP_L_1875 (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!

I can just nuke those parts so no rush to fix in my case at least.

@vossiewulf,

please, please read what is written. The current versions are not available from SpaceDock!

Get the new one only from GitHub!

The link can be found in the respective OP's of the Sub-Mod contributions.

If it says GitHub, it means GitHub!

10 hours ago, hraban said:

please, please read what is written. The current versions are not available from SpaceDock!

Get the new one only from GitHub!

The link can be found in the respective OP's of the Sub-Mod contributions.

If it says GitHub, it means GitHub!

I did download Core from Github, since you said just "that the problem is fixed" and to "download the latest version from Github" I assumed Core was the only issue. 

I assume you're saying now that I also needed to replace the sub-mods. I will now replace those as well from Github.

Edited by vossiewulf

21 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

I did download Core from Github, I thought the only problem was a patch file in CORE. Are you saying the sub-mods must also be replaced? If so I will pull them from Github.

The changes regarding Tweakscale affect all sub-mods. To avoid problems, all sub-mods should be updated.

The mainly affected sub-mods were CORE, RUS and KHI. Basically the tweakscale configurations were changed. Therefore reinstall all sub-mods.

Edited by hraban

2 minutes ago, hraban said:

The changes regarding Tweakscale affect all sub-mods. To avoid problems, all sub-mods should be updated.

Ok thank you. I edited my post a minute before you replied, FYI, trying to clarify.

Thanks for the clarification, as mentioned I will replace them all from Github.

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, DasVasker said:

Can I use Multi-Role Kapsule Cargo to transport TAC life support?

@DasVasker

Could you please specify your request?
Basically CSA Contares supports TAC life support, but I am not sure which capsule from which sub-mod you mean.

Edited by hraban

• 1 month later...

Your mod is great, but I have a few questions. 1. Is this for stock size? I just see that this is not enough for x2.5 and the details are too dense. 2. Why are some parts balanced and some not? for example the RD-107 (contaresRUS) engine weighs 0.135 kg while it should weigh about 1 t considering the size of the stock game.

Edited by OOM

24 minutes ago, OOM said:

Your mod is great, but I have a few questions. 1. Is this for stock size? I just see that this is not enough for x2.5 and the details are too dense. 2. Why are some parts balanced and some not? for example the RD-107 (contaresRUS) engine weighs 0.135 kg while it should weigh about 1 t considering the size of the stock game.

Thanks for asking.
Except for the unusual diameters of 1.5 m and 2.2 m, all other parts are in the range of the standard scale.  In contrast to the standard components, which are based on incomprehensible scales and performance data, CSA Contares uses a 50% scale with minor adjustments to move the payloads with realistic weight reference in the KSP standard cosmos.This means that an RD-107 at 50% scale weighs 1/8 of the original weight, but produces 1/4 of the thrust when adjusted to KSP. In contrast to most other mods the performance data for the specific impulse is also realistic. Thus a Sojuz rocket transports about 7 tons into a low 120 km orbit around Kerbin.
None of the CSA Contares components are balanced to standard parts. Should this impression arise, it is pure coincidence.

Thank you, I finally understood the reason for the weight of the RD-107. But then again, your mod is great, it has everything, including such little-known spaceships like the Japanese shuttle HOPE or the Chinese Shenzhou.

Hi guys, I have installed GPP on KSP 1.8.1 version, I'm using CSA Core, CSA Probes and CSA Eye. I want to use these 3 mods only, but when pass the mouse cursor over antenna from your mod it doesn't show the max distance of every Level of the TrackingStaion as I see on every antenna from stock. I want to know if the antennas of this mod (CSA Core) are compatible with stock commnet or only with remotetech?

On 9/29/2020 at 12:22 AM, zeant93 said:

Hi guys, I have installed GPP on KSP 1.8.1 version, I'm using CSA Core, CSA Probes and CSA Eye. I want to use these 3 mods only, but when pass the mouse cursor over antenna from your mod it doesn't show the max distance of every Level of the TrackingStaion as I see on every antenna from stock. I want to know if the antennas of this mod (CSA Core) are compatible with stock commnet or only with remotetech?

Hello @zeant93,

the antennas of CSA Contares CORE mod are compatible to stock and, so far you use the 1.8.1 compatibility download of the 3 mods, to remotetech.

If you use the latest compatibility version, there is no guarantee for remotetech.

Edited by hraban

• 2 months later...

Hiya dude, Been enjoying your mod to help pad out my parts list on my current career run as it really helps fit some niches I've been looking for. Only problem is I'm getting some lag using the parts more often then vanilla stock ones or ones added by other mods and load times when starting the game tends to hang up a bit more when loading your parts. I think this might be caused by them using .png rather then the more commonly used dds which has become the new standard since it's easier to load them by memory. There's some tools to convert them floating around the forums.

Other then that hanks for this awesome mod. Definitely going to be one of my staples in most of my runs

Edited by ArtemisAZ

On 12/10/2020 at 2:01 AM, ArtemisAZ said:

Hiya dude, Been enjoying your mod to help pad out my parts list on my current career run as it really helps fit some niches I've been looking for. Only problem is I'm getting some lag using the parts more often then vanilla stock ones or ones added by other mods and load times when starting the game tends to hang up a bit more when loading your parts. I think this might be caused by them using .png rather then the more commonly used dds which has become the new standard since it's easier to load them by memory. There's some tools to convert them floating around the forums.

Other then that hanks for this awesome mod. Definitely going to be one of my staples in most of my runs

After many personal tests, no significant difference in the handling of DDS or PNG files could be found. On the other hand, it can be definitively stated that the number of loaded textures, regardless of the type, is very well accompanied by a significant increase in the loading time in the game. It is, especially with weaker and older devices to pay attention to the number of installed part / textured mods.
We can only hope that the manufacturer of KSP (and in the future KSP2) will abandon the nonsensical storage of textures in memory.

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Kovac said:

how do you install this? it isnt on ckan

Download the mod from SpaceDock or GitHub. Unzip the file. Copy everything below GameData into the game directory of Kerbal Space Program GameData.

Ta Daahhhhh (it's not rocket science) :lol:

who needs ckan? muhahahahahaha

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.