[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'CORE' 2.0.16

hraban

2 hours ago, Vaga said:

CSA Core and CSA RUS have duplicate files.

CSA RUS  - (Inside DOS folder ) - KPA_kurz.CFG & KPA_lang.CFG 

CSA Core - (Inside Contares\Parts\Antennas) - KPA_kurz.CFG & KPA_lang.CFG

Thanks, will be fixed with the next update. The mentioned parts will go into the CORE.

• 4 weeks later...

might wanna take a look at the sas modules the configs look like they might be pre Module manager. 

they all throw errors if you dont have remotetech installed. 

maybe make these just sas modules and create something along the lines of the f9 flight control system from the launchers pack instead?

that way still have reusable stage control but just one instead of one in every sas unit. 

and a MM patch that adds the remotetech parts to everything with a ModuleDataTransmitter in contares if you have remotetech installed. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

55 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

might wanna take a look at the sas modules the configs look like they might be pre Module manager. 

they all throw errors if you dont have remotetech installed. 

maybe make these just sas modules and create something along the lines of the f9 flight control system from the launchers pack instead?

that way still have reusable stage control but just one instead of one in every sas unit. 

and a MM patch that adds the remotetech parts to everything with a ModuleDataTransmitter in contares if you have remotetech installed.  

True, some SAS modules still contain artifacts from a former RemoteTech adaptation. Will be thrown out for the next update. The function as SAS and control unit remain unchanged.

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Is it just me or are the landing skids extremely weak? I had ten of them upscaled to 1.25m mounted beneath a Cormorant Aeronology shuttle, landed at between 70-100m/s, and they were instantly destroyed upon contact with the ground.

Between 70 and 100 m/s is absolutely too fast. 30 to 55 m/s is an adequate landing speed for skids. The sink rate should not be higher than 1 m/s.
However, I haven't tested the behavior of the skids in version 1.5.1 yet.

1 minute ago, hraban said:

Between 70 and 100 m/s is absolutely too fast. 30 to 55 m/s is an adequate landing speed for skids. The sink rate should not be higher than 1 m/s.
However, I haven't tested the behavior of the skids in version 1.5.1 yet.

Hmm, that's a shame, I was hoping to use them for my shuttle because of how difficult it is landing at runways (Not really relevant, but I'm using 1.4.5).

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Kit Fisto said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are the dependencies included in the Spacedock version, and if not, in which forlders need the files to be put into?

No the dependence mods are not included in the SpaceDock download. You need to download them each and install them to the GameData folder just like any other mod. 

Edited by SouthPhilly

29 minutes ago, SouthPhilly said:

No the dependence mods are not included in the SpaceDock download. You need to download them each and install them to the GameData folder just like any other mod. 

Thanks, but i should post a screenshot because this didn't work either. I'm new to KSP and i'm sure that i messed this completely up. Any advice would be helpful!

https://imgur.com/a/QorpTgA?

15 minutes ago, Kit Fisto said:

Thanks, but i should post a screenshot because this didn't work either. I'm new to KSP and i'm sure that i messed this completely up. Any advice would be helpful!

Looks you need to move them all out and open each core mod fold you will see anther folder that's like CORE_NAM copy that folder back or pull it out to its KSP/Gamedata 

15 minutes ago, Kit Fisto said:

Hello Kit Fisto,

all CSA Contares mods folders has a clear structure. You need to copy the folder and all included files below GameData into the Kerbals Space Program GameData folder.

So the core mod is named as Contares only.

Target Structure:

-->  [KSP]
-- -->  GameData
-- -- --> Contares
-- -- --> Conteres_MEU

and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

Hello, in which mod pack is the little 0.9375 Storage Module named CV9-S2? I recently started playing KSP again and I always used this little cargo module to resupply my Kerbal Space Station. Thank you.

The transport module CV9-S2 much sacrificed to the mod splitting. At the moment it is only available via Contares 1.8.9 (1.3.x) . A new module (scalable) is under construction for the sub-mod NAM. Unfortunately there is not much time available for the mods at the moment, so it may take some time until the new roadmaps and objects are available.

• 1 month later...

hello @hraban i have just discovered the docking ports from your mod (somehoe all this time in KSP i didnt have any good look at Contares :D)

Especially something which struck me as interesting is these parts:

DN_1_09375b
DN_1_1250b

Are you able to explain how you implemented the Docking Port/Airlock switching functionality ?

This is a constant "problem" with the Endurance mod maintained by @JPLRepo ("control from here" vs Crew Hatch functionality for the Ranger)

Maybe if you would be able to explain how you did it in Contares, something like this could be done for the Endurance Rangers ;)

I can see that there is an animation but is it an invisible animation ? (or maybe there is a visible animation but i have something wrong installed and it's not visible for me :P)

Great mod family you have here :D

53 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

hello @hraban i have just discovered the docking ports from your mod (somehoe all this time in KSP i didnt have any good look at Contares :D)

Especially something which struck me as interesting is these parts:

DN_1_09375b
DN_1_1250b

Are you able to explain how you implemented the Docking Port/Airlock switching functionality ?

This is a constant "problem" with the Endurance mod maintained by @JPLRepo ("control from here" vs Crew Hatch functionality for the Ranger)

Maybe if you would be able to explain how you did it in Contares, something like this could be done for the Endurance Rangers ;)

I can see that there is an animation but is it an invisible animation ? (or maybe there is a visible animation but i have something wrong installed and it's not visible for me :P)

Great mod family you have here :D

Nice that you took a look at my mod's and even stuck to it :)

As you might have seen, there are this docking ports with and without AirLock function. The reason for the creation was the fact that some return systems like Soyuz and Shenzou don't have a side hatch. An exit through the docking port was not possible because of the collision body. An exit would only be possible via a multiple split, ring-shaped collision bodies have been possible. That was too expensive for me at the time of its creation and I chose a simpler way:
The invisible collision body is deformed by means of animation and thus the "exit" through the hatch is made possible. So there is, as correctly observed, no visible animation. (There is also a small drawback, in Airlock mode it is not possible to dock to another port.)
Later created docking ports have a ring-shaped collision body consisting of 8 or even 12 parts.

Edited by hraban

49 minutes ago, hraban said:

Nice that you took a look at my mod's and even stuck to it :)

As you might have seen, there are this docking ports with and without AirLock function. The reason for the creation was the fact that some return systems like Soyuz and Shenzou don't have a side hatch. An exit through the docking port was not possible because of the collision body. An exit would only be possible via a multiple split, ring-shaped collision bodies have been possible. That was too expensive for me at the time of its creation and I chose a simpler way:
The invisible collision body is deformed by means of animation and thus the "exit" through the hatch is made possible. So there is, as correctly observed, no visible animation.
Later created docking ports have a ring-shaped collision body consisting of 8 or even 12 parts.

aah, i get it, so the collision body for the new dockings port is only the ring, without the internal "hatch" part ?

Huzzaaa!! Thanks to the showcase vid..i as able to eyeball the one engine ive been searching for..for almost a year!! Your small black/white lfo engine that kinda looks like .."a bullet?". I loved attaching those radially for vtol reasons. The low profile is just..superb. Im glad to find it again!

These mods have developed into quite the plethora of beautiful parts. I hope my computer doesnt melt :D. I may need to do some folder pruning..no offense. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.