[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'CORE' 2.0.16

hraban

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zeant93 said:

Is this mod work with RSS/RO mod?

Contares Mods are bound to the current version of KSP as soon as possible. Some serious changes to function modules (e.g. RCS, solar panels) make downward compatibility to KSP 1.3.1, which is probably necessary for RSS, impossible. In addition, there are the verses, desired and preferred dependencies to other mods.

Conclusion: RSS/RO = NO

If you can show a serious way to create compatibility using MM patches and alternative configurations you are welcome :)

Edited by hraban

6 hours ago, hraban said:

Contares Mods are bound to the current version of KSP as soon as possible. Some serious changes to function modules (e.g. RCS, solar panels) make downward compatibility to KSP 1.3.1, which is probably necessary for RSS, impossible. In addition, there are the verses, desired and preferred dependencies to other mods.

Conclusion: RSS/RO = NO

If you can show a serious way to create compatibility using MM patches and alternative configurations you are welcome :)

And the old version for 1.3.1 ksp verson works on RSS/RO?

7 hours ago, zeant93 said:

And the old version for 1.3.1 ksp verson works on RSS/RO?

@zeant93,

when the mod Contares reached the KSP version compatibility 1.3.1 RO bummed around on 1.x yet.

By the way, it is helpful to read the OP page because it says so:

What you get with CSA Contares 'CORE' and the Sub-Mods?

All objects are created as accurately as possible on a 50% scale.
50% scale means 1/2 of the size, 1/4 of the thrust, 1/8 of the weight.
Further adjustments are due to the physical properties of the Kerbal universe.

This could be a discreet indication of an incompatibility with RSS?

For both Mods, RO (Realism Overhaul) and RSS (Real Solar System) extensive adjustments would be necessary which are not planned by my side.

So the equation remains the same:

RSS/RO = NO

Limited use of components using Mod TweakScale may be possible but it's untested.
As one of my lecturers said more than 30 years ago: "Try it, it can be wrong at most".

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I'm in the right place, lots of threads and sub-mods now, just checking to see whether you intended for the TKS-VA to sink? I ask as I don't see any flotation parts for it. If it's intended for land use only, I suggest mentioning that in the part description, I think most players assume a capsule will float. Thanks as always for the great mod. Mods. Many many mods now :)

59 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Not sure if I'm in the right place, lots of threads and sub-mods now, just checking to see whether you intended for the TKS-VA to sink? I ask as I don't see any flotation parts for it. If it's intended for land use only, I suggest mentioning that in the part description, I think most players assume a capsule will float. Thanks as always for the great mod. Mods. Many many mods now :)

The CSA CORE mod provides an AirBag/Floater module to prevent the sinking of various CSA return capsule systems. Install 3 of these modules at the bottom of the VA capsule and assign an action group before mounting the heat shield.

1 minute ago, hraban said:

The CSA CORE mod provides an AirBag/Floater module to prevent the sinking of various CSA return capsule systems. Install 3 of these modules at the bottom of the VA capsule and assign an action group before mounting the heat shield.

Thanks, sorry I apparently missed the floaty parts, will go check again.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting an issue with the RCS plume visuals. The plume is backwards (from the right nozzle, but 180 degrees out from where it should be) an also the plume is huge, bigger than some LV booster engines

DbvJu1P.jpg

73kdVtT.jpg

Edited by Cdodders

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

I'm getting an issue with the RCS plume visuals. The plume is backwards (from the right nozzle, but 180 degrees out from where it should be) an also the plume is huge, bigger than some LV booster engines

(snip)

Hello @Cdodders,

please name the components where the error should occur and tell us which version of KSP you are using.

2 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Any Contares RCS whether built-in or separate parts and version 1.7.3

Hello @Cdodders,

after checking all RCS components in all contares mods in KSP 1.7.3 it can be safely stated that the described error is caused either by a wrong installation, the wrong version of the contares mod(s) or by an third-party module management script with mod-spanning actions.

Edited by hraban

• 1 month later...

Hello,

First thank you for this great mods!

Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but since the mods need the USI-Tools, are they using the USI Life Support, too?

(Or are there patches for them somewhere?)

EDIT:

An other question:

Is "TAC-LS" a "Supported mod" (like it says in the first post) or a "Required mod" (like it says in the ReadMe)?

(Because I use "USI-LS" and so I don't want to install "TAC-LS"...)

Edited by N3N

Hello @N3N,

The USI tools are used exclusively in connection with the inflatable floats/airbags.
The USI-LS is not supported yet (Maybe you can find someone who writes a MM-Script based on the TAC-LS settings?).
TAC-LS is supported extensively, but is to be considered as an option (One or the other error message in the log can be safely ignored and has no influence on the game).

2 minutes ago, hraban said:

Hello @N3N,

The USI tools are used exclusively in connection with the inflatable floats/airbags.
The USI-LS is not supported yet (Maybe you can find someone who writes a MM-Script based on the TAC-LS settings?).
TAC-LS is supported extensively, but is to be considered as an option (One or the other error message in the log can be safely ignored and has no influence on the game).

Hello,

OK, thank you!

I will try to understand the MM config, maybe I can try to do some USI-LS patch.

• 1 month later...

A short update

The mod's alive, just a little slower.
At the moment many old coponents are being revised and prepared for the KSP 1.8.x update.
The update will be done as soon as all supported  mods are shipped and running stable.

An example are the old 22,5° RCS components (right) which will be replaced by the new ones (left).

RCS-rework,medium_large.2x.1572536589.png

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Apologies if this has already been asked, but have the craft files been removed?

Since the sub-mods are still in a constant state of change, with components being reworked and partially replaced, it's more convenient to manage the craft files in GitHub. You can find current craft files in the sub-mods section of Git-Hub.
Unfortunately, not all sub-mods have current craft files yet, but I lack the time and motivation to do so.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, capkirk said:

Hi! I've noticed your mod contains some very nice landing skids, parawings, and other unusual parts. I am interested in using these part models in RSS/RO. Would you allow me to use your parts for my purposes? Thank you for your time, and hard work.

Hello capkirk,

as long as you use the textures and models exclusively for your private use, there is nothing wrong with it.
If you want to use the parts/models and textures in your mod, the author must remain in the config files and a reference to me as the creator must be included in the mod description.
If you should receive money for your mod in any form, even through donations, the use of my models and textures is prohibited.

hraban

On 2/12/2020 at 12:21 PM, hraban said:

Hello capkirk,

as long as you use the textures and models exclusively for your private use, there is nothing wrong with it.
If you want to use the parts/models and textures in your mod, the author must remain in the config files and a reference to me as the creator must be included in the mod description.
If you should receive money for your mod in any form, even through donations, the use of my models and textures is prohibited.

hraban

Hraban,

Realism Overhaul is a public mod, and publicly made. You will be added to the list of creators/helpers in the mod description, and your name will be left in the .cfg files. Realism Overhaul's license forbids commercial usage, so no one will profit from your work. Thank you,

capkirk

Hi!

I absolutely love this modpack but I can't get some of the included craft files for Japan to work because they are missing a part called 'C-RCS-NO.W'. I have looked everywhere in the files, including all other versions of the core pack and have not been able to locate it. Any help would be appreciated in finding it. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Blazeystorm said:

Hi!

I absolutely love this modpack but I can't get some of the included craft files for Japan to work because they are missing a part called 'C-RCS-NO.W'. I have looked everywhere in the files, including all other versions of the core pack and have not been able to locate it. Any help would be appreciated in finding it. 

Thanks!

Hi @Blazeystorm,

you are working with an outdated mod version. Download the master branch of GitHub. The link is in the first post. The "missing" RCS thrusters should be in the Contares\Parts\RCS\C_RCS_ALLE directory.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.