hraban

[1.8.x] CSA Contares 'CORE' 2.0.13

Recommended Posts

New modern Dockingport without mechanical catch parts for spaceships with soft docking potential ;)

screenshot117,medium_large.2x.1554593862.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zeant93 said:

Is this mod work with RSS/RO mod?

Contares Mods are bound to the current version of KSP as soon as possible. Some serious changes to function modules (e.g. RCS, solar panels) make downward compatibility to KSP 1.3.1, which is probably necessary for RSS, impossible. In addition, there are the verses, desired and preferred dependencies to other mods.

Conclusion: RSS/RO = NO

If you can show a serious way to create compatibility using MM patches and alternative configurations you are welcome :)

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hraban said:

Contares Mods are bound to the current version of KSP as soon as possible. Some serious changes to function modules (e.g. RCS, solar panels) make downward compatibility to KSP 1.3.1, which is probably necessary for RSS, impossible. In addition, there are the verses, desired and preferred dependencies to other mods.

Conclusion: RSS/RO = NO

If you can show a serious way to create compatibility using MM patches and alternative configurations you are welcome :)

And the old version for 1.3.1 ksp verson works on RSS/RO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zeant93 said:

And the old version for 1.3.1 ksp verson works on RSS/RO?

@zeant93,

when the mod Contares reached the KSP version compatibility 1.3.1 RO bummed around on 1.x yet.

By the way, it is helpful to read the OP page because it says so:

Quote

What you get with CSA Contares 'CORE' and the Sub-Mods?

All objects are created as accurately as possible on a 50% scale.
50% scale means 1/2 of the size, 1/4 of the thrust, 1/8 of the weight.
Further adjustments are due to the physical properties of the Kerbal universe.

This could be a discreet indication of an incompatibility with RSS?

For both Mods, RO (Realism Overhaul) and RSS (Real Solar System) extensive adjustments would be necessary which are not planned by my side.

So the equation remains the same:

RSS/RO = NO

Limited use of components using Mod TweakScale may be possible but it's untested.
As one of my lecturers said more than 30 years ago: "Try it, it can be wrong at most".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I'm in the right place, lots of threads and sub-mods now, just checking to see whether you intended for the TKS-VA to sink? I ask as I don't see any flotation parts for it. If it's intended for land use only, I suggest mentioning that in the part description, I think most players assume a capsule will float. Thanks as always for the great mod. Mods. Many many mods now :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Not sure if I'm in the right place, lots of threads and sub-mods now, just checking to see whether you intended for the TKS-VA to sink? I ask as I don't see any flotation parts for it. If it's intended for land use only, I suggest mentioning that in the part description, I think most players assume a capsule will float. Thanks as always for the great mod. Mods. Many many mods now :)

 

The CSA CORE mod provides an AirBag/Floater module to prevent the sinking of various CSA return capsule systems. Install 3 of these modules at the bottom of the VA capsule and assign an action group before mounting the heat shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hraban said:

The CSA CORE mod provides an AirBag/Floater module to prevent the sinking of various CSA return capsule systems. Install 3 of these modules at the bottom of the VA capsule and assign an action group before mounting the heat shield.

Thanks, sorry I apparently missed the floaty parts, will go check again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm getting an issue with the RCS plume visuals. The plume is backwards (from the right nozzle, but 180 degrees out from where it should be) an also the plume is huge, bigger than some LV booster engines

 

DbvJu1P.jpg

 

73kdVtT.jpg

Edited by Cdodders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

I'm getting an issue with the RCS plume visuals. The plume is backwards (from the right nozzle, but 180 degrees out from where it should be) an also the plume is huge, bigger than some LV booster engines

(snip)

Hello @Cdodders,

please name the components where the error should occur and tell us which version of KSP you are using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Contares RCS whether built-in or separate parts and version 1.7.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Any Contares RCS whether built-in or separate parts and version 1.7.3

Hello @Cdodders,

after checking all RCS components in all contares mods in KSP 1.7.3 it can be safely stated that the described error is caused either by a wrong installation, the wrong version of the contares mod(s) or by an third-party module management script with mod-spanning actions.

Edited by hraban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

First thank you for this great mods!

 

Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but since the mods need the USI-Tools, are they using the USI Life Support, too?

(Or are there patches for them somewhere?)

 

 

EDIT:

An other question:

Is "TAC-LS" a "Supported mod" (like it says in the first post) or a "Required mod" (like it says in the ReadMe)?

(Because I use "USI-LS" and so I don't want to install "TAC-LS"...)

Edited by N3N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @N3N,

The USI tools are used exclusively in connection with the inflatable floats/airbags.
The USI-LS is not supported yet (Maybe you can find someone who writes a MM-Script based on the TAC-LS settings?).
TAC-LS is supported extensively, but is to be considered as an option (One or the other error message in the log can be safely ignored and has no influence on the game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hraban said:

Hello @N3N,

The USI tools are used exclusively in connection with the inflatable floats/airbags.
The USI-LS is not supported yet (Maybe you can find someone who writes a MM-Script based on the TAC-LS settings?).
TAC-LS is supported extensively, but is to be considered as an option (One or the other error message in the log can be safely ignored and has no influence on the game).

Hello,

OK, thank you!

I will try to understand the MM config, maybe I can try to do some USI-LS patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hello,

OK, thank you!

I will try to understand the MM config, maybe I can try to do some USI-LS patch.

:cool: Great, can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A short update

The mod's alive, just a little slower.
At the moment many old coponents are being revised and prepared for the KSP 1.8.x update.
The update will be done as soon as all supported  mods are shipped and running stable.

An example are the old 22,5° RCS components (right) which will be replaced by the new ones (left).

RCS-rework,medium_large.2x.1572536589.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New simple foldable ladders in two types:

0.6m folded to 1.8m unfolded
0.6m folded  to 1.2m unfolded
 

Klappleitern,medium_large.2x.1572895033.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.