The (Mis)Adventures of FASTNAO: Chapter 9: Update (sorry. it isn't totally dead, tho)

Lithobrake

Chapter 6: Slopes

“Steady…. Steady…” The minmus exploration vehicle (a new Tiamat mk3), was coming in to dock with minmus station, also known as the “Last Homely House” This mission would be the first kerbed mission to land on minmus. After the docking, The crew departed for the surface. Podgun knew that this would be a dificult task, but after his time on the mun, he was surprised by how easy it was to land. Soon, the surface ops started.

Z9v726nhS83KVdoPIvoNnq_FifVwemohu5bZ8aBiFQ8xZFQ_g03CBLkBpqd2sPdrP1_H60pwYuQe_I75hAVdGHxrCvKj5I_uRW3BXw7FROeKI0fThCQLWrhP6jotuoq-jNQADssH

067Y8g8KiwVnszXM1SPRflCWVo95GNR7RMff_dPX2NHhCyYQzhb0O7Oo3r2LFVZed3rmrlcvIQnF6GHAm5JbGbDMAP0JFoTmGJ9V9kFLzcgklOyQOz_FM3QYnn8euWrpLzmeXOkn

This was followed by several hops to the other  8 biomes, and a speedy return.DRgw-yQqrP02aW05-E8gXBDpM-y8NGDz_Duay_VCvZpdH9PA6vYhGjA7dMA2x3VAhWrX-XhoP17zLI9PjG4Bmi_ygBaj-uilYzyziDWvtk91dydLH4BU-04K-sqP6lbylvV3m93T

Soon construction was begun on Mun base one. It was built in 4 launches and landed fine.wW51lMr02dNnRVaJkbzKE2TtYnOe6yHN8UwmGjCPalWpJZ36FhHmGbuA-gg80ZtW3A7x57MxfUOXRIM2WYSmdmlaoD5PlhpXqRrIJZcaVFjsKXtvqh_agatm3PvQqVedSAJXHZFN

It was named “Dreidel base”  for the way it looked like a tilted top.

Now, the duna transfer windo is coming up, and soon we will be sending kerbs out of kerbin’s soi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Update: Chapter 7: Preparations...

Note: This is a summary, and I don't have screen shots...

The Kerbs were getting ready...  to go to Duna!!! Currently, floating in the sky, was a small space station, with landers, a rover and more! These were exciting times...

(sorry, I know I haven't updated much, but I've been on a hiatus from ksp, but I am back!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 8: New Frontiers…

The Huggin was a mighty ship. Built over several Munths, It represented the cutting edge of space technology. It held 2 landers, seversal sattelites, and a rover. It was going to Duna. Tamara would be the commder of the Huggin itself, which was the vessel that held the crew on their way. There would be a Dunabase and an Ikebase… And in afew hours they would be burning to duna..

After maximizing the oberth effect, and burning out, the Dunabase and Ikebase were on their way, commanded by Jeb and Val respectively.

Xu-1xWyaX-0-Yv3xLeZevDkUxG-Js50OddpXZ8FQNA1KrbKOKmviuVIBw8UPWZvnUS6QMPbDZi9ckrLylGe-L98Y2z5K8UBwf1Qt5p99TROG_hddqfvLeHdEUHUxaXXduvviAB0H

vqOvLnBFdwKH4tYZG_K4oGvxptk_MpO8ear8X89Ea4cCblum9qtVkgG20nKkONITxCxRcWtdA2KcNBV4DlAsspaXVCoN3wage4SRyd9EiLhT2O37SFMRKGEkTldByvURdyFuplQY

The huggin had done two burns, and was doing its third and final. The rest of the crew was in the hab, laughing and joking, but not Tamara. 90 kilometers. That’s how close they would be to home for the next few years. It was already established that the huggin didn’t have enough fuel to get home. At Duna they would have to refuel. If Any of the landers failed, noone could get home. Maybe there was some far off way, but if anyone got stranded on Duna, they wouldn’t come back for years. And noone really knew what space did to a Kerb’s brain. Tamara pondered all of this and more, as she slipped farther and farther away from Kerbin. Once they were on an escape trajectory into Interplanetary space, they were commited. No coming back for a long time. And in the deep dark cold of space, the kerbs were all alone.

RhkM_7TSgJncHAXjswfeAqukMpI36LH77ORBUh9uAtFTbUqqF0NLxbsTbgc0OeMk4ht1OSQERzocCOxkJsXJE0OeoztEad6vA5a-ZQSExLfbl4k-cdpzxEOGtZCCpVdxTXP7vQEb

N7EfFSTbMPSchaF0xqc6LfG0qlI2bt3R4hmFZrDlnBa1XNTPXVrgf4KZ4D_1HrRL5_KNA2qpsyZlEjwlMSj2abWv6Da_C3XlSqxwohrHEExy8PFX6OW8M4pnls8kxrYlLE2rIIXnXn_gaba0nxbKfS7Kp9_iqrzjNgVYmywcQUit8oHJ1okGLKs1GeH_fPbgy3v3hej1kiB4LuHGg8kHPwRAToOMYGxSFVfRS8BVSQihy1e4tkYwSCuuGT706NbgkUjO2HXjRDVJSxaE

They were alone, and though a few uncrewed, supplementary ships were sent out, they were the only ones to leave… As the green marble was growing smaller Walt and Gene held a press conference. They established some goals in the 350 day interim before the first ships reached Duna:

• Establish a new Minmus base

• Recruit several new astronauts

• Capture a Class E asteroid and put it in orbit then build a base around it.

• Establish a working tourist line

• Develop several SSTOs:

• 1. A workhorse thar flew well and could deliver a small crew to orbit.

• A large, high capacity orbital liner

• A high Delta V SSTO capable of visiting mun and Minmus

• An SSTO good enough to go to duna at a future date

Meanwhile in high orbit, A single thought was racing through Tamara’s head. All alone, All alone: In the cold night of space, she sat alone, the other members in a different part of the Huggin. As they reached past the orbit of Minmus, she felt a strange sensation, as if she was being watched. She looked around, in terror. The shadows seemed to move. She felt as though she wasn’t alone. But there was nothing there.  Her breath, in pants, slowed. Later, she fell asleep, though she didn’t recall doing so. She forgot the feeling and grew happier. She didn’t remeber, and the only trace that something had happened. Was a little growing doubt in the back of her mind. They left the SOI, and the crew seemed to ignore that they were Alone. And Millions of kilometers from help. The Huggin traveled on, undisturbed for a time.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

To those who read this, This is not DEAD! But it will not be updated in as much detail, or as regularly.  Her is an update on FASTNAO. A probe has landed on Moho, another one is on its way to Laythe. With the first of the Duna Ships to arrive in 80 days, and an Eve window in 71 days, things are heating up. I have been hard ad work. The good news: My eve prototype can get to orbit from the purple planet, and a reentry system is almost done. The bad news: its 500 tons, and will be a beast to get to orbit. Screenshots coming soon!

One benefit is that I can give short updates, and more regularly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.