KSP how to change graphic language

I need help on changing the graphic language.

As you can see in the picture, the text on the rocket is in English but mine is in Chinese, how would I change it to English?

Image:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kerbal+space+program+menu+pic&rlz=1C1CHBF_enMY742MY742&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVxqGZsb7ZAhULkZQKHTAICn4Q_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=794#imgrc=gx-Jl7cAtyQLrM:

Edited by Dylan734

Is it the Steam version? If yes, right click on the game's title in your Steam Library, select properties and under the 'Language' tab, select the one you want. Steam will download just the files it needs for this change so, I don't think either you or your internet connection will suffer for too long.

I don't know. Also, I'm not really familiar with KSP's online store. Their tech support might be able to do something, if you explain the situation to them. If they agree to help, make sure you keep the receipt at hand, because I'm fairly certain they're going to ask for it.

Edited by Atkara

If you downloaded a Chinese version, I'm afraid you'll have to download the English version and move your saves there to correct everything. While most of the text in KSP is stored as strings in a cfg file making it easy to edit, text written in the textures is probably embedded in the texture/models themselves and you won't be able to change it without editing these (which would be a massive pain).

If you have the store version, just go to Store, My Account, Download, select your OS and English language there and brace yourself for the download.

Unfortunately, the Chinese version is going to be in Chinese. There might be some elaborate way around it, but in the end it's going to be easier and better, and possibly even faster, to simply download the English version. 
Anyway, thread moved to support, now that we know what the issue is. 

4 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Unfortunately, the Chinese version is going to be in Chinese.

I would argue that it is fortunate that the Chinese version is in Chinese, but I think we all know how you meant that.

The only way to get the assets (textures, images, icons, etc.) in English would be to replace all the Chinese assets with English ones. For that you have two options: you can recreate all the assets from scratch in English and mod them into the game in place of the Chinese ones; or you can download the English version of KSP to access the English assets. I'm going to say that downloading the English version will be faster and much easier, even with very slow internet, and at that point you should move your save files over.

Or you could just keep playing with the Chinese assets. I don't know how much they impact the understanding of things since you were already able to change the language files. Either way, good luck.

Edited by Mako

• 2 months later...

Same thing goes for me, but in Russian. But did you know what I did? I said "SCREW THIS" and decided to learn the Cyrillic Alphabet, and I didn't even know you can change the text language

So yeah, you either change the textures, learn the language

Edited by Vanamonde

Please don't accuse each other of things like pirating the game. If you have some evidence that someone has, send it as a report to the moderating team. Otherwise, give your fellow players the benefit of the doubt, please. 

• 2 weeks later...

Download the language pack from the store for the language you want and install it...
Or on steam - change the language to the one you want and validate KSP in it's properties in steam.

Changing the language/the language packs changes not only the text in game, but a bunch of textures that have writing on them as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.