Stock Timewarp Takes too long

mrhexed

I think that there should be more timewarp options, because my ship takes too long to get to jool... and it's kind of repetetive. I think that the stock timewarp should be faster.

Cairo Jack, If you are reading this, THIS IS NOT A CHALLENGE!

Edited by mrhexed

3 hours ago, Hans Dorn said:

Kerbal better time warp lets you edit the time warp settings to your liking:

It also has a slow motion mode enabling you to appreciate explosions even better :)

I know about this mod, but I think that It should be stock. The amount I spend on a normal KSP mission is about 5-30 years depending on what I am doing. of course, minmus and Mun missions only take 2 days to 3 years.

Wait, It's updated!? I'm getting it!

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Or you could try running multiple missions at once, ya know, multi tasking, an important life skill. 

For which Kerbal Alarm Clock is likely to be of great assistance (which also happens to not be stock)...

39 minutes ago, pandaman said:

For which Kerbal Alarm Clock is likely to be of great assistance (which also happens to not be stock)...

If there is one mod that should absolutely be stock, it's alarm Clock or at least a slimmed-down version of it.

Kids and their lack of patience these days.  Back in my day, we didn't have cell phones and fidget spinners.  We had to sit in the back of the car staring out the window for hours.  We played games like "count the red cars" and "who can make dad turn the car around first?"

Also, this would be solved if Squad would implement actual mission planning tools like Alarm Clock and Transfer Planner.

Since they won't, get off my lawn.

2 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Kids and their lack of patience these days.  Back in my day, we didn't have cell phones and fidget spinners.  We had to sit in the back of the car staring out the window for hours.  We played games like "count the red cars" and "who can make dad turn the car around first?"

Also, this would be solved if Squad would implement actual mission planning tools like Alarm Clock and Transfer Planner.

Since they won't, get off my lawn.

LOL I didn't have any games on my 74 hour trip moving here...

On 2/25/2018 at 6:43 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Don't forget Mad Libs, and those trivia game cards arranged around a plastic pivot that'd swiftly get depleted and accidentally memorized.

On 2/25/2018 at 4:29 AM, Canopus said:

If there is one mod that should absolutely be stock, it's alarm Clock or at least a slimmed-down version of it.

If you look in the tracking center, any vessel with a maneuver node will alternate between flight clock and a count down to the maneuver node.

I forget which version this was added in(perhaps 1.2? ), but I would consider that to be a (very) slimmed down KAC in stock KSP.  Would be nice if there were settings to always display the node count-down if present, and to sort by time to next node, but as is, it is enough to let me run concurrent missions if I am careful with spacing out my burns for different missions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 2:14 PM, mrhexed said:

I know about this mod, but I think that It should be stock. The amount I spend on a normal KSP mission is about 5-30 years depending on what I am doing. of course, minmus and Mun missions only take 2 days to 3 years.

Wait, It's updated!? I'm getting it!

If your Mun missions are taking 2-3 years worth of timewarping, I think you might be doing something wrong.

If you want to get to other planets faster, plan your maneuver in such a way that you will get there before you reach your Ap, not after wasting a bunch of time above your target’s orbit. Cannot stress this enough, you can cut your transfer times to Jool in HALF with this method. Stock time warp is plenty fast enough if you do things right.

3 minutes ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

If you want to get to other planets faster, plan your maneuver in such a way that you will get there before you reach your Ap, not after wasting a bunch of time above your target’s orbit. Cannot stress this enough, you can cut your transfer times to Jool in HALF with this method. Stock time warp is plenty fast enough if you do things right.

ok... Although the mod for more timewarp is nice for those tedious missions.

5 minutes ago, mrhexed said:

It's the most realistic video game on the internet...

Little..... Green.... Men....

from a planet that's size cannot account for it's gravity...

and who are able to spend years on end in a tiny box years on end without food, water, air or life support of any type. 

Yes, very realistic.

BUT, I see your point, you don't want to use mods that feel cheaty.  I can fully appreciate that. 

Use Kerbal Alarm Clock, and multitask.  Run multiple missions at once.  Coordinate whole fleets for your interplanetary missions.

Or just run one mission, use KAC to pause the game when the warping is done, and go grab a snack while it's warping. 

But I think you should read the quote in my sig, the words of one of the forums greatest posters ever, @Whackjob.  Be inspired and fly forth. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Mars said:

At the end of the day, what is the difference between a faster than light drive and time warping?

Never mind.

Forget I asked.

MM

The kerbals experience real time, and it doesn't have infinite delta-V, whereas the FTL drive does

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.