[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'RUS' 2.0.16

hraban

15 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

It will be easier after localization  implementation. All strings in one file.

+

Difference is faster loading time and a bit less memory usage. Tested.

Are there detectable large-scale tests or is it a typical self-experience, because for my part I can not confirm that after testing seven computer systems with three operating systems, two graphics card manufacturers with five graphics card models and four RAM memory variants.

For russian rockets and engines one should use russian wiki at least. :wink: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Космос-3М#Космос-3_(11К65)

Western sources oftenly rely on cold war intelligence materials, so they are not always correct.

Lower stage engine for Cosmos-3 is 11D614 (modernized 8D514 engine from R-14) and upper one is 11D49 (exclusively developed for Cosmos-3). Proper english abbreviation for "ЖРД" is RD, not RK.

RD-216M is early engine of military R-14, even earlier than RD 8D514. As for DU-49, I can only interprete it as "двигательная установка образца 1949 года" ("propelling system, model of 1949"), but cannot find a corresponding engine in documents. 

Funny, on the page you mentioned I read after the translation also RD-216. Well, Wikipedia is not all gold glitters. But for naming in KSP and CSA Contares: Why not RK, it is sufficient to perform the identifier RD in the description text. As already written, this is not a replica mod and KSP should remain unencumbered by national garbage.

"SWE", "LFO Vipera" and "Micro-Gabun" at least. First node is inverted, other two are rotated by 90º. Will possibly fix myself if nodes are declared in config rather than being empty objects.

Yes, they were created in the standard orientation for stack engines, but are listed as radials. It lacks the top node configuration to correct this or the rotation around the axis to make it correct for beginners.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:16 AM, hraban said:

Are there detectable large-scale tests or is it a typical self-experience, because for my part I can not confirm that after testing seven computer systems with three operating systems, two graphics card manufacturers with five graphics card models and four RAM memory variants.

Well, it was the main reason why Squad implemented it in place of self-made .mbm. I believe they tested it a lot. And self expirience too, of course. Conversion saved a couple of seconds loading even my tiny mod alone.

• 4 months later...

Comming soon:

WOSHOD-001,medium_large.2x.1536491406.PNG

Btw.: The textures will be delivered in .png format in the future. The conversion to .dds causes difficulties with transparencies which are not portable from my point of view. Example: Travers

Edited by hraban

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm hoping this is the right thread to post this in... @hraban

First off... What an outstanding series of mods... They've become my work horses of my space program. Just about perfect in every way! Thank you for the time spent on these. 

Now that I'm done buttering up the author let's get to the one and only issue I'm having.... I can not get the "RUS_KRAFT_M (Energila_M)(Stock) craft file to load!;.;

When I go to the craft file loading drop down I get the "***Contains locked or  invalid parts***" and when I click to load it I get that it's missing... "KzProcFairingSide".

I do have the latest Procedural Fairings installed in my GameData folder and in it I do see the following parts... "Fairing and Fairing_NRM DDS files, Fairing_Side.mu, Fairing_Side_A.cfg and Fairing_Side_B,cfg" files.

Am I somehow missing a  file or 2?

I've shutdown KSP, deleted Procedural Fairings and re-downloaded and installed it to my CustomData folder... Everything in the PF folder showed the same.

Any help would be appreciated of course...  

Edited by SouthPhilly

22 minutes ago, SouthPhilly said:

I'm hoping this is the right thread to post this in... @hraban

First off... What an outstanding series of mods... They've become my work horses of my space program. Just about perfect in every way! Thank you for the time spent on these. 

Now that I'm done buttering up the author let's get to the one and only issue I'm having.... I can not get the "RUS_KRAFT_M (Energila_M)(Stock) craft file to load!;.;

When I go to the craft file loading drop down I get the "***Contains locked or  invalid parts***" and when I click to load it I get that it's missing... "KzProcFairingSide".

I do have the latest Procedural Fairings installed in my GameData folder and in it I do see the following parts... "Fairing and Fairing_NRM DDS files, Fairing_Side.mu, Fairing_Side_A.cfg and Fairing_Side_B,cfg" files.

Am I somehow missing a  file or 2?

I've shutdown KSP, deleted Procedural Fairings and re-downloaded and installed it to my CustomData folder... Everything in the PF folder showed the same.

Any help would be appreciated of course...   

Thank you for your laurels, you are on the absolutely right mod post.

The craft file for the KRAFT-M is a bit older and I haven't had time to revise it yet. Are you starting with KSP 1.5.x? ProceduralFairing has changed the plugin manager, I'm not sure whether it renamed parts or made other serious changes. I must confess that I haven't tested KSP 1.5.x any deeper yet because some plugins that are important for me haven't been updated yet.

Please be patient, I will update the craft files as soon as I have some free time available.

35 minutes ago, hraban said:

Thank you for your laurels, you are on the absolutely right mod post.

The craft file for the KRAFT-M is a bit older and I haven't had time to revise it yet. Are you starting with KSP 1.5.x? ProceduralFairing has changed the plugin manager, I'm not sure whether it renamed parts or made other serious changes. I must confess that I haven't tested KSP 1.5.x any deeper yet because some plugins that are important for me haven't been updated yet.

Please be patient, I will update the craft files as soon as I have some free time available.

WoW!!! Thank you for the fast reply!!!

And ya... All of my files are the most current off of either SpaceDock or GitHub.... This is the file on GitHub that I have installed for Procedural Fairings... ProceduralFairings 1.5.0 release.

And of course no rush no worries on an update... I know the in's and out's of the dev life! I do sceneries, liveries and Beta testing for a few plug-in's in X-Plane. Almost dread updates some days.

23 hours ago, SouthPhilly said:

WoW!!! Thank you for the fast reply!!!

And ya... All of my files are the most current off of either SpaceDock or GitHub.... This is the file on GitHub that I have installed for Procedural Fairings... ProceduralFairings 1.5.0 release.

And of course no rush no worries on an update... I know the in's and out's of the dev life! I do sceneries, liveries and Beta testing for a few plug-in's in X-Plane. Almost dread updates some days.

Craft Files for KRAFT-M (Energija M) Vostok and Voshod with BLOCK-E Upper Stage on GitHub.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rework and update for FEDERAZIJA PTK NP

Based on actual blueprints contares builds a new version of PTK NP optimized for Kerbonauts.

The new version holds 4 Kerbals up to 30 days in space. The shown service module is only for low orbit operations.

screenshot126,medium_large.2x.1554593526.png

Test Mission report:

Objective: Orbit the Mun with 4 Kerbonauts on PTK NP

Launcher: RIVER 5 (Angara 5) with additional cryogenic upper stage KVTK

PTK-NP-KERBAL-V008,medium_large.2x.1554838291.PNG

successfull takoff

PTK-NP-KERBAL-V007,medium_large.2x.1554838293.PNG

free flight after MUN transfer burn

PTK-NP-KERBAL-V004,medium_large.2x.1554838300.PNG

ready to start return brun after 5 full MUN orbit circulations

PTK-NP-KERBAL-V005,medium_large.2x.1554838298.PNG

reentry complete, heatshield is gone, drogue chute open at 9000 m. Ready to open the main parachute and extend the landing legs

PTK-NP-KERBAL-V006,medium_large.2x.1554838296.PNG

cut droguechute at 2500 m and open the 3 main parachutes at 2000 m. PTK NP safely lands with 5 m/s in the desert of Kerbistanian

• 2 months later...

Update for KSP 1.7.2 on Github

• adds PRICHAL Node Module (Ø 1.875m) for 0.9375m Docking Ports
  • adds alternate reality Moon Rocket named N2 (classic R7 design with 4 Boosters and 20 NK-33 rocket engines on fist stage, 4 on each booster and 4 on sustainer. 2 NK-43 on second stage. (alternate nuclear sustainer stage in progress)
  • small adjustments for KSP 1.7.2

Update on SpaceDock comes this week, also new Craft-Files

N2-V001,medium_large.2x.1560691912.pngPRICHAL-001,medium_large.2x.1560691891.png

Edited by hraban

• 4 months later...

After an artistic break, some news!

For professional and health reasons the work will be slower.
The project Nositel N1 is postponed but not forgotten.
The update of all CSA Contares Mods for KSP 1.8.x will be done as soon as the most important compatibility mods are available and work reliably.

To the news for CSA Contares RUS:

- the launch vehicle Tsiklon 2M is available
- the active maritime surveillance satellite RORSAT US-A was adapted for KSP (CSA Contares PROBES); the reactor was implemented using the USI tools.
- the blueprints Lunar Lander of Chemlomei were adapted and implemented for KSP (CSA Contares LEM)

Tsiklon-2M-infotafel,medium_large.2x.1572536422.png

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.