• Minmus
    • Gilly
    • Ike
    • Vall
    • Tylo
    • Bop
    • Pol
    • Laythe

Of the four moons I've visited (Mun, Minmus, Gilly (on a fly-by) and Ike) I have a soft spot for Duna's tidal-locked moon, having recently completed my first landing there. Ike's relative size and proximity to Duna makes it both interesting to manoeuvre to, and visually epic to land on, with the big red planet so close-by to provide existential feelings of insignificance. 

Ike is also fairly forgiving for the first-time interplanetary traveller; easy to encounter due to it's large SoI (actually too easy when it gets in the way of Duna missions), and with less gravity than the Mun. It makes it easy to aerobrake in Duna's thin atmosphere into an elliptical orbit and catch an encounter with Ike.

The topography is interesting too, with great variance over a short distance - it makes for some dramatic landscapes. Visit Ike today!
This post is sponsored by the Ike Tourism Board.

8Ntw06P.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.