Jump to content

[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)


blackheart612
 Share

Recommended Posts

aRB4RbL.png

@Caerfinon This is reasonable as I still have to extrapolate. Hopefully I will be able to manipulate in 3d in the near future.

Having an imgur problem. Hopefully you can see the front view here.

 

Nope. it refuses to show up.

 

 

Edited by ColdJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ColdJ said:

Hopefully I will be able to manipulate in 3d in the near future

It looks good to me. I'd add a thumbs up, but apparently the forums think that I've been too free with my likes and I'm cut off for today. Odd because I've only made one like today.  #GlitchInTheMatrixProblems 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Caerfinon said:

It looks good to me. I'd add a thumbs up, but apparently the forums think that I've been too free with my likes and I'm cut off for today. Odd because I've only made one like today.  #GlitchInTheMatrixProblems 

maybe it is all stuffed. Imgur definitely is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

maybe it is all stuffed. Imgur definitely is.

perhaps we have reached P.I.E. (Peak Internet Entropy). All the things are broken, but at least we have pie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Sort of doing that in my reconfigs thread. I wish I cold do what ordinary kerman did, rather than have to guess and extrapolate.

Shared texture atlases confuse me to no end, so whatever i'm doing with Grounded I'm guessing as well, and you are better at making texture alterations faster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ColdJ said:

@Caerfinon Give me a half hour and I will see what I can do. @Warro Here we go. Still need to work on the camo versions.

HZN2O4E.png

(looks at my pdn file of basic color options) Blue, check (but not as vibrant). Green, check. Red, check (but not as vibrant). Orange, check. Purple, haven't even begun to speculate of the nearest possibility of crossing my mind. Drab green, check. Sand, nope. Camo green, nope. Desert camo, nope. Though I've also done the wheels and science bay and air stairs for some reason. Mining equipment? Nope. Outrigger legs? Nope. 

Oh, and how did you do the colors?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

looks at my pdn file of basic color options) Blue, check (but not as vibrant). Green, check. Red, check (but not as vibrant). Orange, check. Purple, haven't even begun to speculate of the nearest possibility of crossing my mind. Drab green, check. Sand, nope. Camo green, nope. Desert camo, nope. Though I've also done the wheels and science bay and air stairs for some reason. Mining equipment? Nope. Outrigger legs? Nope. 

Oh, and how did you do the colors?

Using paint.net and the the stockalike white as the base. I pick a colour from palette, or if I am trying to be specific I look up the colour's Hex value and pop that in. There is a colour chart out there with the values. If I can get imgur to work I will pop it up here for you. Then you lower the opacity to somewhere in the vicinity of 100 and set the paint method to overlay. You adjust the coverage level so that it doesn't cover things you don't want coloured and then use the paint bucket. Low opacity and overlay means you keep the outlines already there and don't just wash everything out. Patterns are more tricky but the opacity and overlay when drawing are the same set up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Using paint.net and the the stockalike white as the base. I pick a colour from palette, or if I am trying to be specific I look up the colour's Hex value and pop that in. There is a colour chart out there with the values. If I can get imgur to work I will pop it up here for you. Then you lower the opacity to somewhere in the vicinity of 100 and set the paint method to overlay. You adjust the coverage level so that it doesn't cover things you don't want coloured and then use the paint bucket. Low opacity and overlay means you keep the outlines already there and don't just wash everything out. Patterns are more tricky but the opacity and overlay when drawing are the same set up.

While I try to make things more tedious by selecting the parts that shouldn't be colored, paste those to an upper layer, setting up a color reference layer on top of the layer to be recolored, then adjusting the HSL sliders so that the thing to be recolored is an almost exact match with the reference. Of course for the HSL alteration method to work, the part you want to recolor needs to already be colored (so for grayscale surfaces they need to be put through the 'sepia' filter first). IDK why I make it more complicated for myself, the only upside to this method is that it can allow for great color matching when done properly. The downsides are: It wastes five to ten minutes of your life per color, it's completely eyeballed so absolutely perfect color matches are not worth the time wasted. And for colors, I just use Nertea's palette just because colors on it are almost guaranteed to be stockalike to some degree. 

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Anybody think these are passable as camouflage paintwork?

I reckon you could hide in a field of ferns :)

I just hand painted ever individual square of my camo because apparently it is in vogue. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ColdJ Quite impressive work. I'm not the fan of zebra painting, so can't rate them, but still impressive. Block camo looks much better IMHO, I think it looks even better then zebra cause the level of detail stay in both directions on any surfaces, but zebra has "along" and "across" directions that look strange at some surfaces (the roof for example)
Couple of questions: any downloads for textures/cfg of what is complete? And another one - did you check ingame only the body of KerbinRover, or other parts load fine too? My first interest is in wheels. Too bad I've lost my edited versions of configs, which I did for an old version of KSP,  that'd be nice reference to remember what changes needed. I remember to change CoM offset, made some changes to roobar cfg to make built-in KAS winch to work, added tweakscale for wheels, but exact details and values....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just started on the Defender. I have aready moved it up to rescaleFactor = 1.6 as it looked way too small next to the humvee and adjusted all the other parts so that they still fit. The humvee is still way bigger but looks naturally so. The Jerry can now holds 20 litres as it should. I lowered the centre of mass, as I do on most vehicle only models, as I don't like rolling over because a Kerbal sneezed. It all seems to be working well in 1.9.1 I am sure it will in my 1.10,1 and my 1.11.2 as I can't see any issuses that would break it. I haven't installed firespitter in this game so I am going to have to part variant it to get the other skins working.  I have put the part variants up so far, just converting the dds files to png so I can put them up. Go here.

@Warro

Edited by ColdJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Anybody think these are passable as camouflage paintwork?

Hi. I have only tried out your camo on the ramp so far but I am guessing the originals were dds and you accidently forgot to flip them before you put them out as png. So the ramp initially was an interesting look before I went and saved the image as a dds. My mind does this. "ooh nice ramp, I reckon if I build a motorcycle I could use that to do jumps." :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Hi. I have only tried out your camo on the ramp so far but I am guessing the originals were dds and you accidently forgot to flip them before you put them out as png. So the ramp initially was an interesting look before I went and saved the image as a dds. My mind does this. "ooh nice ramp, I reckon if I build a motorcycle I could use that to do jumps." :)

yep, I forgot to flip the textures, didn't notice that until after i posted those

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've encountered a bit of a problem with the wheels when I make any vehicle. Whenever I try to go forward or backward, the wheel says the motor is running, but there is no movement at all. I don't have brakes activated, and I have enough electric charge. Could anyone help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FlightSimJeronimo said:

I've encountered a bit of a problem with the wheels when I make any vehicle. Whenever I try to go forward or backward, the wheel says the motor is running, but there is no movement at all. I don't have brakes activated, and I have enough electric charge. Could anyone help?

probably you need to rotate it 90 degrees

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, FlightSimJeronimo said:

I've encountered a bit of a problem with the wheels when I make any vehicle. Whenever I try to go forward or backward, the wheel says the motor is running, but there is no movement at all. I don't have brakes activated, and I have enough electric charge. Could anyone help?

As Warro said you need to rotate it 90 degrees. All wheels loaded up in the SPH are popped in on their sides. If you look at the back of the wheel at the supension you will need to turn it so the wide flat side is at the top. Ksp wheels only work 1 way up and only allow for about a 30 degree tilt either way before they become useless. It has always been annoying and has meant getting creative for vehicles you want to be able to go over large obstacles. once you pop a wheel on the correct way up, just use the copy function(left Alt plus left mouse click on the part in Windows) to pop the rest on the right way up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@Ben J. Kerman @Warro

Been widening and adding nodes and contact points, Made a half size small cab which is actually now a fuel cell. Turned an elevon into tailgates.Created a smaller dark radiator and some very small structural tube for exhaust pipe. All for making construction sized vehicles.

Thought you might be interested.

Spoiler

OqT2FIK.pngqwO02cu.pngeKRXAPV.pngBdvI88r.pngsxoBxNJ.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 2:47 AM, Warro said:

Couple of questions: @blackheart612 - is the mod "totally feachure complete" and adding something new is not planned at all or just no time/desire to do something for mod?

To all who may know - are there public availiable textures/colour variants except the three in the mod itself?

It has been complete from the beginning, I had some ideas but those are like just things I want to added and some I added later on. But the idea was there from the very beginning.

And for the mod update, I purposely built this without plug-ins so it should perpetually be up-to-date unless something changed, then I'll have to fix it. But if something fundamental were to change on wheels... that's gonna be the end of me because I don't have the access to the original files anymore so far

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Small MM patch for KSP 1.12.2:

@PART[wheelReg,wheelReg2,wheelReg3]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]
	{
		useNewFrictionModel = true
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleWheelSuspension]
	{
		useDistributedMass = true
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleWheelSteering]
	{
		autoSteeringAdjust = true
	}
}

Hope this helps. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...