[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

Release 4.0(L)

There's a weird thing going on in the OP and I think it's not my fault. Anyway, here's a small update just so it's legitimately 1.4.5, as well as fixing some issues, uploading sample crafts, too. I hope the OP somehow becomes alright, I put the pictures there and all that's needed is to click the ones under craft files. The legacy version only has a single fix but the version number still goes up because it's under the actual release, but legacy.

Here's the changelog:

Added "Brake Red" and "Turn Orange" to:

Place-Anywhere Square Illuminator

Place-Anywhere Circular Illuminator

-

Fixed Modular Platform Segment A + Chassis nodes being only the top

Fixed missing mesh for TR-1L 22.5" Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel

Fixed wrong model for TR-1L 25" Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel

Fixed wrong G1 Mini Service Command bump texture change for deluxe black

Legacy Changelog:

Fixed Modular Platform Segment A + Chassis nodes being only the top

alrR1fT.png

if anybody knows how to fix the OP, please do tell.

Edited by blackheart612

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Added "Brake Red" and "Turn Orange" to:

Place-Anywhere Square Illuminator

Place-Anywhere Circular Illuminator

Woohoo! :D It's the little things...

Everything appears to work for me in the OP? I do wonder about that "Next Page" icon in the top-left corner though... Maybe that's part of what's making it look weird?

Edited by JH4C

46 minutes ago, JH4C said:

Woohoo! :D It's the little things...

Everything appears to work for me in the OP? I do wonder about that "Next Page" icon in the top-left corner though... Maybe that's part of what's making it look weird?

Yeah, that's the thing. @Val fixed it, though there are still some remnants. It's my fault after all, though it's invisible to the eye. Thanks again.

12 hours ago, Dexter_D said:

Something seems a bit weird about the hitch. I can't get the pivot to work, it always stays locked even when it says it's free. Also it was the only mod installed when I was testing it.

I tested with the current version, I can't replicate this, but if the trailer and the puller both steer, it counters the "bending"

@damonvv but issues like what you recently reported still exists. Ah well... Looks good though!

On 10/14/2018 at 4:59 AM, blackheart612 said:

I tested with the current version, I can't replicate this, but if the trailer and the puller both steer, it counters the "bending"

@damonvv but issues like what you recently reported still exists. Ah well... Looks good though!

Ok well, that's unfortunate. I've disabled steering for all wheels except for the front wheels when was testing, there is/was no bending at all. But ok, I don't use them then. :D It's not that big of an issue.

Edit: Works like a charm in KSP 1.5 now.

Edited by Dexter_D
New KSP version

Thanks for a good plugin.

An idea for parts:
6Y3wJdDl.jpg

It would also be a red color variant - for firefighting vehicles

- an "service cabin" for three kerbals, with a driver seat on the middle

- small service cabin for right side

- an flat platform for external command seat

I have tried to build vehicles similar to those in the game. So I created some parts wider than standard.

Z1lzkNa.jpg

The result is rather unsatisfactory - the vehicle is too low, flat.

2P5zDkil.jpg  LJuryUCl.jpg

The second step was Rescale = 1.3333 - IMHO the result looks pretty good

Ahoqd9M.jpg

bLJKTja.jpg

RONOW0X.jpg

kdU1pXi.jpg

Edited by kyklop

1 hour ago, I likeOxidizerrfuel said:

I CANT ATTACH ANYTHING TO THESE PARTS:mad:

It'll help a lot if you turn off caps lock, and instead describe what you're trying to do and in which version of KSP you're trying to do it. There's a handy guide at the top of this forum that explains how to go about asking for assistance, please refer to it.

The latest release of these parts works just fine in 1.4.x and 1.5.x. These parts are designed to fit together in a specific way, and they do not change the behaviour of other parts so if you're trying to attach something as a payload that isn't intended to be fitted as a radial part, either you'll need an adaptor plate or you could use something like Editor Extensions Redux to change the attachment rule of that specific part.

@kyklop The design difference is actually intended. May I ask what your reason is for wanting to scale it perfectly with stock? If it's to be faithful and make a replica, I do understand. Though the current design has a purpose instead of being faithful. The G1 size is actually 1.25m so it makes loading to a 2.5m+ hull possible. Aside from that. The G1 widebody on the other hand is actually 1.875m. It has even less uses but it's just a slight change to the 1.25m as it's 0.625m * 3. This was done to make the chassis look closer to stock, but not to replicate it.

If I make changes on these chassis numbers, all those framework I have will fall apart. It's doable, It's done by Lack's SXT, I'm not a hundred percent sure if it's 1:1 to stock though (and it's less modular). One last, minor thing is that it also needs to look like a car aside from looking stock-a-like, it's modular, after all.

el1blHv.pngPFo4XZx.png

Edited by blackheart612

I just want to say this mod is brilliant and I love it for the stories that it makes possible to rise from KSP.

Spoiler

l3LpnFE.png

"Come be an astronaut", they said. "You'll go see other planet's!", they said...

saGqSk9.png

Gosh-darnit, wrong side.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, neistridlar said:

Is it broken for 1.6? (most mods for 1.4+ also work for 1.5 and 1.6)

15 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

FireSpitter works fine on 1.6.1
And Airplane + itself is just a parts pack. Can't break 

well k
gonna install it anyway