[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

Grounded Modular Vehicles

mj7YswN.png

Makes it possible to make cars, trucks, vans as how you want them with modular parts.

NOW WITH STOCK PART VARIANT SWITCH!

Feedbacks would be helpful.

Download at:

Spacedock ·  Curseforge

Interested in supporting the development? Just click any of the two if you want to!

PATREON

btn_donate_SM.gif

CRAFT FILES

qzvOtZN.pngjcWqnaz.pngcEBOksI.pngnMel9SM.pngEk8FOAz.pngl3LpnFE.png

Ta6SUcQ.pngOlF3Z6z.pngk7DaPf6.png
BA5G2g5.pngHRjRdxv.pngPFo4XZx.pngel1blHv.pngkdxswLm.pngsaGqSk9.png

Features:

Integrated with career, vehicles at the start of the tree

No plug-in dependency (Will always be up to date!)

Articulating Hitch for trailers

Science!

Based on KSP's vehicles itself.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Added Place-Anywhere Rotating Illuminator (uses a rotor function, speed of rotation can be set through the rotor RPM)

Added G1 Convert-O-Tron 65 System Module (Convert-O-Tron, Radiator, Battery, based on a car's engine setup)

Added G1 Drill O'Matic Junior Mining Excavator Kit (Drill-O'Matic, Ore Storage, Radiator)

-

Fixed issue where Modular Platform Cap, Modular Platform Cap Half is not switching textures

Fixed issue where G1 Service Command has wrong normals on Black version

Fixed all wheel suspension to now show visually in action, and better spring adjustments

Fixed Chassis Hybrid Cell having animation modules when there are no animations

-

Lowered Center of Mass for all parts that can be put above platforms to help lower vehicle Center of Mass

Widened the placement of wheel colliders to help avoid roll overs

Reduced TR-1L 22.5" Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel suspension travel distance to help avoid roll overs

Updated for 1.7.x Breaking Ground

Installation:

Remove old folder if there's an old installation.
Copy the GameData folder into your root folder.

License:

by-nc-sa.eu.png

Edited by blackheart612
Release 5.0

What a most needed mod!  Kudos! The parts look very handsome too. Actually,  they look just right: stockalike enough to fit the rest of the game.

An idea:  modular tank hulls. BDA needs one of those. We already have tons of guns ans turrets, and tracks thanks to kerbal foundry, but little to put them on to.

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

The container only carries Ore. There's another way to carry KIS containers.

riQbbCn.png

Ore-carrying container is still good idea for a base truck, I can put some power source, small drill, ISRU, radiator and fuel tanks to turn it into mobile refinery suitable for refueling small landers that lands close to my base :)

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

how to you attach things to the command cab. i don't seem to be able to. 

Put a chassis under it. The different parts are attached to the bottom parts,  and the bottom parts attach onto themselves.

I am having difficulties, though, understanding how to couple different wagons. I understand how to dock them  when already launched, but is there a way to assemble them docked together in the SPH?

Edited by Daniel Prates

I know I am overposting, but this one really got me going. 

To those asking about how to carry resources other than ore etc: I am having ZERO DIFFICULTY in placing containers from other mods on this mod's  truck chassis.  It takes some part sliding and offsetting, but it is no sweat at all. This here is a rather old-fashioned truck I made with parts from "feline utility rover" containers ...

XHCu98w.png

MYEZ8CW.png

K3KxGC5.png

... and in these two images you can see I even managed to attach tracks from kerbal foundrie's mod, resulting in a competent snow-mobile:

QLdpivv.png

yX5IO6E.png

This is turning out to be quite a mod! 

Edited by Daniel Prates

@Natokerbal I've put the where they go to in the part description. I'll put a compilation of parts and how it would look like soon. The chassis and platform go hand in hand but cabs only get attached to platforms. Platforms go into chassis. But a single platform already has a chassis because there's no need to have a different chassis

@[email protected] Through nodes? There is only one node for the cabin, it's below it. Once you attach a platform under it, it goes from there.

@Angel-125 I have to do some magic fixes for Airplane Plus soon to perfectly fit the rovers inside the cargo bay when there's a landing gear. Hehe

@Cdodders @Daniel Prates To properly use a hitch, it can't be attached already on the SPH. Note that we're not using any special mods and these are fully stock so there's no special trick here. Just launching two separate vehicles and coupling on the runway.
The things needed are the Modular Chassis Hitch Segment and the Modular Chassis Hitchpike Segment:

The Hitch attaches to things (anything, actually, but it's inward so it needs something to be able to reach inside). The Hitchpike reaches inside the hitch to couple.
Once coupled, you can then toggle Free Pivot and it will articulate the trailer. Be careful with driving and properly attaching, you might get your vehicle stuck in a wheelie forever!

---

Sorry for the lack of documentation, I made this in a rush. I'll make one soonTM 

I'm glad some people like it and I hope you enjoy. :) 

This is awesome! I absolutely adore vehicle packs for KSP! I really want to try this out, but I have a paper due tomorrow

Are you going to have the stock vehicles in the pack? I know I can get them from Lack's stock expansion or KSOS, but if it's simple, having them all in one place would be nice, as would others like KSOS's, since the mod is barely supported any longer.

One more suggestion, @Omega482 has a building pack as seen below, which has a set of some more like a forklift. Though these would require IR, it's an interesting idea.

Spoiler

I5gnc1G.jpg

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I've put the where they go to in the part description. I'll put a compilation of parts and how it would look like soon. The chassis and platform go hand in hand but cabs only get attached to platforms. Platforms go into chassis. But a single platform already has a chassis because there's no need to have a different chassis

Thanks I didn't notice I love the mod though really helps me with roleplayfunctions.

2 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Keep making enough things, your things improve :wink: Never stop contributing!

Meh, I kinda lost interest in that particular one. No-one else showed much interest in it either. Our specs ended up pretty similar for parts though. :D

Your cabin properly accommodates Kerbal heads and I stuck with more normal car dimensions. :)