[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

Oh! I'm using 1.4.2, if that makes any difference.

When the current draw remained on, it was directly related to speed: a small amount of speed, a small amount of draw (even if I'd not triggered the motor and it was due to gravity). SAS and all other electrical items were believed off to ensure I was only seeing what I needed to see. Still, as I've been unable to recreate it, I just can't be sure.

AviationLights and SurfaceLights both include lights that change the colour of the lenses without the use of additional mods, so it is possible. But now I've installed those, I'll just switch over to them as it's simplest.

Thanks for explaining the rest.

49 minutes ago, JH4C said:

Oh! I'm using 1.4.2, if that makes any difference.

When the current draw remained on, it was directly related to speed: a small amount of speed, a small amount of draw (even if I'd not triggered the motor and it was due to gravity). SAS and all other electrical items were believed off to ensure I was only seeing what I needed to see. Still, as I've been unable to recreate it, I just can't be sure.

AviationLights and SurfaceLights both include lights that change the colour of the lenses without the use of additional mods, so it is possible. But now I've installed those, I'll just switch over to them as it's simplest.

Thanks for explaining the rest.

SXT (Lack's Stock Extension) has a cluster of truck parts also in the KSC style (they almost look identical), that still contain bumper parts that include working brake lights (with red glow and lens). In the mean time that will work fine! :D

2 hours ago, PowerPlay said:

@blackheart612 I have a bug or sth where the wheels don't seem to work and they just spin in one place... what do i do ?

They're probably installed "upside down" -- KSP wheels only affect/interact with the ground on the "bottom", even though there's a big, round wheel. Look in the editor for how the suspension is situated, and make sure the part that hooks onto the chassis is higher/in the "up" position. 

Ideally, @blackheart612 can add a visual "this end up" graphic for the editor view.

1 hour ago, PowerPlay said:

@Beetlecat thx it worked im sorry but im quite new to ksp

No worries at all-- this problem with wheels on vehicles is pretty common on these kinds of mods, and I think everyone puts them on upside down at first since that's often how the editor "grabs" them to place them on the craft.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you clarify some things about the hatchback- is it supposed to be so you can't place anything inside, unlike in storage trunk? And if you somehow drop or move something inside, you can no longer interact with it (e.g., right-click), although geometry collision is still registered. So, is this a bug/shortthink or intended behaviour for now? And if it will be "fixed", did you consider making slightly longer version, so KIS container can be fully fitted inside?

Also, is there supposed to be fuel cell in G1 Service Bay- it's currently commented-out in .cfg- or it will be/was scrapped completely? 

Edited by Antik

6 hours ago, Antik said:

Can you clarify some things about the hatchback- is it supposed to be so you can't place anything inside, unlike in storage trunk? And if you somehow drop or move something inside, you can no longer interact with it (e.g., right-click), although geometry collision is still registered. So, is this a bug/shortthink or intended behaviour for now? And if it will be "fixed", did you consider making slightly longer version, so KIS container can be fully fitted inside?

Also, is there supposed to be fuel cell in G1 Service Bay- it's currently commented-out in .cfg- or it will be/was scrapped completely? 

That's an in interesting find. It would be nice to have additional power options, the current fuel cell components are chunky. Charge storage (battery) winds up being pretty limited, too. I often mix and match with the SXT vehicle components to get the battery storage features.

Edited by Beetlecat

Uuh, in terms of small batteries available under this mod, i think that they are merely the "buffer" and not the primary source of power for wheels, and it is intended to run fuel cells all the time or very, very often. Until any official explanations i'll take this feature as a way to simulate workings of internal combustion engine with some sort of flywheel-type storage.

@Antik Hatchback is meant to be a hatch... on the back. Which you can open and attach things inside. Kind of like a service bay for rockets. You're supposed to attach experiments there as it's made for career.

@Beetlecat Well, it's just that the hybrids consume too much fuel for power right now. It's true that the electricity stored are in a way, just a buffer. An ever expandable buffer. What is needed is more ways of attach hybrid engines to a Grounded Vehicle. I need it to not be easily attached so placing it anywhere couldn't be exploited, though.

@XmxldyX The one attached to the vehicle driving towards the Airliner in the OP? It's the G1 Access Ramp.

Yes, i got that it's a service bay for ... "cars". But i actually can't attach anything inside, not in editor nor in field via KIS. Even when hatch is open, things can still be attached only to outside, as is there were a glass panel under the hatch. Tried both in editor and with KIS, with and without angle snap; things offsetted inside became untouchable- can't right-click on em.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:27 AM, Antik said:

Yes, i got that it's a service bay for ... "cars". But i actually can't attach anything inside, not in editor nor in field via KIS. Even when hatch is open, things can still be attached only to outside, as is there were a glass panel under the hatch. Tried both in editor and with KIS, with and without angle snap; things offsetted inside became untouchable- can't right-click on em.

I tested em and it works but indeed, it seems like the cover's collider does not animate with the mesh when it opens. For now, you can attach and interact with things inside it by clipping the camera inside. :P 

On 5/21/2018 at 9:27 AM, Antik said:

10 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I tested em and it works but indeed, it seems like the cover's collider does not animate with the mesh when it opens. For now, you can attach and interact with things inside it by clipping the camera inside. :P 

I also find a "part commander" type mod really useful for this type of scene. It's also far more convenient than having to manually click all the little science parts, or find the docking port I want to disconnect, etc.

1 hour ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

We need kerbal emergency vehicles! :D 

WHOA. Just of curiosity, does the booster texture change after reentering or do you need to configure it in the VAB?

I change it in-flight during landing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 1:11 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

We need kerbal emergency vehicles! :D 

WHOA. Just of curiosity, does the booster texture change after reentering or do you need to configure it in the VAB?

KSO has Emergency veichles (Cop car, firefigther truck, and an ambulance Helicoptter), tough it has gone without updates

I hope Grounded adds Car parts and a few more texture colours, couple that with ''Strobe-O-Matic Warning Rotator Lights'' and you can build a wide array of emergency vehicles

• 3 weeks later...

Alright then, I'm adding two new parts which will solve the people's problems. It may look silly but it's KSP so what can I do:

tnrWJD8.png

That's a chassis containing an engine. The two tanks on the side are specifically made for it. Still finding purpose for it on another part. Will need some tinkering.

Also, I can't find a way for direction arrows to help wheel attachments without any plugins. I can only make them appear on the part catalog. Which might help ease the confusion at least, I don't know yet. We'll see. I'm developing this first before AirplanePlus because I just released. I didn't realize 1.4.4 was coming so whatever, everything's working fine anyway.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:10 AM, blackheart612 said:

Alright then, I'm adding two new parts which will solve the people's problems. It may look silly but it's KSP so what can I do:

tnrWJD8.png

That's a chassis containing an engine. The two tanks on the side are specifically made for it. Still finding purpose for it on another part. Will need some tinkering.

Also, I can't find a way for direction arrows to help wheel attachments without any plugins. I can only make them appear on the part catalog. Which might help ease the confusion at least, I don't know yet. We'll see. I'm developing this first before AirplanePlus because I just released. I didn't realize 1.4.4 was coming so whatever, everything's working fine anyway.

Ohhhh, cant Wait! This mod has really changed my approach to rovers and ground vehicles