[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

@MaxPeck Well, there is truth in that :P 

@sebam1975 Maybe soon in the future, but I could help your problem if you want, you could ask for help here.

@Bobomir Your wheels are sideways. Make sure the suspension is pointed downwards. It is quite difficult to tell so I might add a guide for that in the future. For now, the squarish corner of the attachment point of the suspension should be the top side.

So, I've played around with this mod for a bit and can tell, those parts are pretty versatile for what they are.
u0GAC2f.png 
Little Fuel delivery truck
CSSQzWM.png

Pimp my Ride, KSP edition.

Personally, I do think that some small essentials are still missing. 
Things like large fuel containers, servicebay/cargobay(one that is modular extendable), and maybe an optional patch to apply KIS storage to the container.

@GrandProtectorDark That's the plan, I know that layer tag for that, I just gotta remember. And I do agree that there are parts that still need to be done. Though I just release early for a working version to be out.

@Sixshot Airstair is totally planned, bet on it, it will be adjustable, I'll make sure of that. But the tug/pushback idea is kind of crossed out right now. The wheel and landing gear colliders don't behave well to being touched by another craft. Initial tests using Klaw yields explosions, and no docking occurred.

@Mnh224 There are more parts to be added. Though the initial plan was actually to fit the 1.25m tanks in the vehicles (it does right now). We'll see in the future how it turns out. May be I could have a plan.

i have a suggestion
how about u make a wider+taller parts so we can make trucks and buses (they don't have to be fit inside Size 2 Cargo Bays) 

also why the tow hitches won't articulate even after i enable free pivot? tq

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502
adding issue

I'm having a lot of problems with z-fighting as I aasemble these. Am I the only one? Also, I can't figure out how to place the wheels,so that they both movw the vehicle and turn.

Although this is on 1.4, so maybe that's the problem...

EDIT: yes, the problem is 1.4, as the same craft that works in 1.3.1 does this in 1.4, although the z-fighting happens in both.

https://i.imgur.com/i4QYMzI.png

@blackheart612

Edited by theonegalen

On 3/9/2018 at 5:11 AM, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

i have a suggestion
how about u make a wider+taller parts so we can make trucks and buses (they don't have to be fit inside Size 2 Cargo Bays) 

also why the tow hitches won't articulate even after i enable free pivot? tq

If you have KJR installed, that might be the cause of the hitches not articulating. My guess, anyway!

4 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

If you have KJR installed, that might be the cause of the hitches not articulating. My guess, anyway!

hmm i see
but i have LBP and SMMarine, without them my ships would wiggle after launch

Just now, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

hmm i see
but i have LBP and SMMarine, without them my ships would wiggle after launch

Add this to the KJR/Plugins/PluginData/config.xml (or roughly that folder location ,I can't remember):

<string name="exemptModuleType6">ModuleDockRotate</string>

You'll see a list of those exempt modules, add this one to it. (Make the number work for whatever else is in the list, I guess - don't know if it matters).

I think that's the right module to allow the hitch to move again.

@theonegalen Indeed, I've tested on 1.4, there's quite a lot of fixes including Airplane Plus. This might take a while...

@Turtles4Life The skycrane is in KerbalX, click my Kerbal Standard signature. And 1.4 has quite the issues, especially because Unity is finicky and there's a new version I need to have, might take a while + real life. 

1 minute ago, blackheart612 said:

@theonegalen Indeed, I've tested on 1.4, there's quite a lot of fixes including Airplane Plus. This might take a while...

@Turtles4Life The skycrane is in KerbalX, click my Kerbal Standard signature. And 1.4 has quite the issues, especially because Unity is finicky and there's a new version I need to have, might take a while + real life. 

Alright!! Thanks!

I have kind of a bug report but with some caveats.

KSP Version: 1.4.1 (yeah I know)
KSPWheels (Kerbal Foundries) installed

The Wheels rotate on the wrong axis while steering. You can steer the vehicle though (to some degree).

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1332862791

Edited by DocMop

Release 2.0

Here's the port and update for 1.4.x, and it's only for 1.4.x because of the features introduced to the version integrated within the mod itself. Go check them out when you download. Here's the changelog also on the OP:

Updated to 1.4.x

-

Added G1 Access Ramp

Added G1 Vehicle Command II

Added G1 Service Command

Added G1 Mini Service Command

Added G1 Vehicle Passenger Habitat

Added G1 Hatch Back

Added Modular Platform Cap

Added Modular Platform Cap Half

Added G1 Service Bay

Added G1 Hybrid Cell C

-

Added TR-1L 22.5" Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel

Added TR-1L 25" Ruggedized Heavy Duty Wheel

-

Renamed TR-1L Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel to  TR-1L 25" Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel

-

Fixed Modular Chassis Segment A-Half clipping on other parts

Fixed Wheels on port to 1.4.x

-

Added Part Variant switcher to all parts

Ta6SUcQ.pngOlF3Z6z.pngBA5G2g5.pngsaGqSk9.png

I hope you all enjoy! :) 

On 26/02/2018 at 12:24 AM, Daniel Prates said:

What a most needed mod!  Kudos! The parts look very handsome too. Actually,  they look just right: stockalike enough to fit the rest of the game.

An idea:  modular tank hulls. BDA needs one of those. We already have tons of guns ans turrets, and tracks thanks to kerbal foundry, but little to put them on to.

@Daniel Prates I agree with the whole stock alike tank hulls idea but:

BDarmory weapons are built to human scale (for some reason) so there a bit bigger than stock craft which I think would ruin the design

and BDarmory's going through a large damage system overhaul at the moment that requires parts to have hitpoints and armour calculations which I'm not sure @blackheart612 is really wanting to add right now.

still, good idea.

3 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

@Daniel Prates I agree with the whole stock alike tank hulls idea but:

BDarmory weapons are built to human scale (for some reason) so there a bit bigger than stock craft which I think would ruin the design

and BDarmory's going through a large damage system overhaul at the moment that requires parts to have hitpoints and armour calculations which I'm not sure @blackheart612 is really wanting to add right now.

still, good idea.

Great,  lets see how this evolves. Actually I was not even thinking about damage models,  only something that looked like a proper tank hull. And yes, the parts size is indeed a bad match!

OlF3Z6z.png

Ladies and gentleman, the best thing that the koviet east-keuropean auto industry can give you: the kerbal yugo!  THE KUGO! 

28 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Great,  lets see how this evolves. Actually I was not even thinking about damage models,  only something that looked like a proper tank hull. And yes, the parts size is indeed a bad match!

OlF3Z6z.png

Ladies and gentleman, the best thing that the koviet east-keuropean auto industry can give you: the kerbal yugo!  THE KUGO! 

However, I did strap some BDarmory warheads to a rocket-assisted rally car and used it as a high-speed driftable car bomb. now THAT was fun.

Also, digging the new parts. Now I can reenact Speed (the movie)!

P.S. Lada is best