[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

14 hours ago, UnhorsedGoose said:

Seems to be working fine for me, I'd say give it a shot

Thanks for the heads up.

No missing textures like on Airplane Plus, even?

I wish Unity gave Squad a heads up about dropping DXT3.  That was a mess. 

It's as bad as when Unity changed out their Wheel module without advanced notice.

Edited by Ruedii

2 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Thanks for the heads up.

It's as bad as when Unity changed out their Wheel module without advanced notice.

Nope, no missing textures that I've seen, yeah that really didn't go well :P

On 11/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, Ruedii said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I mean.  I'll put dollars to donuts those things were in the Unity change log.  Surely Squad would read such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into a few missing textures on Airplane Plus, but none on grounded.

Most of the missing textures on Airplane Plus are on older parts.

Specifically affected are the short versions of the tails and several propellers.

They all appear just white instead of the usual black missing texture.  I'm not sure why.

I'm thinking of making an automatic texture converter program to fix these textures.  However, I would have to make it platform specific.

I have means to build and test a Linux and Win64 version (MingW64 for building a Win64 version and Wine for testing it).  However, I do not have the means to make a Mac version.   This means that Mac users would need to run the Windows or Linux version in bootcamp.

I could integrate one into a KSP mod, but it would be slower and create inferior results so an independent program is preferable.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:13 AM, klgraham1013 said:

I mean.  I'll put dollars to donuts those things were in the Unity change log.  Surely Squad would read such a thing.

Yes, and the forwarded the note into to their release notes.

There was nothing they could do about it.

Edited by Ruedii
Moar info.

Well hello again Blackheart612,

I've had quite a lot of fun with your Airplane Plus mod (trust me after you helped me resolve that issue, I have built thousands of crafts with its parts). Now, this? You excite me far too much good sir. I will install it now, and instantly destroy the KSC, you know, the usual stuff.

Sorry if I act too familiar with you, it's one of my weak points, thanks for the mod though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's just me, but I simply can't figure out how to attach any of the wheel arch pieces. None of them have end connectors so you can't connect them inline with other chassis pieces, the only way that seems to work is clipping the chassis girders through them, which looks pretty bad.

3 hours ago, Vectura said:

Maybe it's just me, but I simply can't figure out how to attach any of the wheel arch pieces. None of them have end connectors so you can't connect them inline with other chassis pieces, the only way that seems to work is clipping the chassis girders through them, which looks pretty bad.

This mod could really use a little build guide, or some pre-built craft to use as samples. :)

The construction winds up being like a bit of a layer cake of parts.

Check out these examples: 
https://kerbalx.com/mods/grounded

• 3 weeks later...

@blackheart612, I'm sorry if it isn't in your plans, but could you add blue to the colors and (maybe) a half-D-sized platform? Because, well, being able to build the likes of these crew and lander search and recovery trucks would be super cool.

068efa6d114fff296aacc11dd40b2e93.jpg

1280px-%D0%97%D0%98%D0%9B-49065_%22%D0%A1%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8F%D1%8F_%D0%9F%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0%22_(14844209041)_(2).jpg?uselang=ru

If anyone's curious, these are Soviet (and later Russian) ZIL Bluebird AATVs designed with this very purpose in mind. So far I've managed a couple of almost-lookalikes:

yNM8Dc6.png

But still, blue (and smooth sides) would be really nice :)

Edited by TK-313

On 3/7/2020 at 4:21 AM, TK-313 said:

@blackheart612, I'm sorry if it isn't in your plans, but could you add blue to the colors and (maybe) a half-D-sized platform? Because, well, being able to build the likes of these crew and lander search and recovery trucks would be super cool.

068efa6d114fff296aacc11dd40b2e93.jpg

1280px-%D0%97%D0%98%D0%9B-49065_%22%D0%A1%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8F%D1%8F_%D0%9F%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0%22_(14844209041)_(2).jpg?uselang=ru

If anyone's curious, these are Soviet (and later Russian) ZIL Bluebird AATVs designed with this very purpose in mind. So far I've managed a couple of almost-lookalikes:

yNM8Dc6.png

But still, blue (and smooth sides) would be really nice :)

Hmmm, this could be done relatively easily, I'll have to think about it since, really generally the colors I use are stockalike so I'm not too inclined to include it for design purposes...

4 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Hmmm, this could be done relatively easily, I'll have to think about it since, really generally the colors I use are stockalike so I'm not too inclined to include it for design purposes...

Well, it could always be placed in the extras...

12 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Well, it could always be placed in the extras...

I could, that's true. Though currently, nothing new is being developed and this still works on current version so sadly, I'm yet to release a new version since I'm busy so I hope you understand.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 1:18 AM, Daniel Prates said:

@blackheart612 one of the vehicle parts has an issue. Its the 6-seater "G1 vehicle passenger habitat". The white and yellow textures work fine, but when you try to change to black, it remains yellow. Maybe some command line on the configs is cross-wired somehow. 

@blackheart612

I noticed this too. There are 2 strange things in the config file:

The Black Variant uses groundedpacktex while the other two variants use groundedpacktex2

The MaterialName for the Yellow Variant has a 4 in it: materialName = groundedpack4ao

By Changing the Black Variant to

VARIANT
		{
			name = DeluxeBlack
			displayName = Deluxe Black
			themeName = DeluxeBlack
			primaryColor = #242524
			secondaryColor = #242524
			TEXTURE
			{
				materialName = groundedpack4ao
				mainTextureURL = Grounded/Parts/Shared/groundedpacktex2black
				_BumpMap = Grounded/Parts/Shared/groundedpacknrm2
			}
		}

I got the Black Variant to work as well. But this Solution does not seem very clean to me

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2018 at 1:01 PM, DocMop said:

I have kind of a bug report but with some caveats.

KSP Version: 1.4.1 (yeah I know)
KSPWheels (Kerbal Foundries) installed

The Wheels rotate on the wrong axis while steering. You can steer the vehicle though (to some degree).

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1332862791

I am having the same issue. Was the cause found?

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, theonegalen said:

I think Squad might have changed something in KSP powered wheel code. In 1.10.1, the wheels use a lot more electricity and i can't get them to go faster than 0.8 m/s.

Thank you informing me, I'll check them out soon as I get the time!