[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

9 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

thanks. I tried on the official kerbalx page from the author but didn't think to just check for all grounded-tagged vehicles

That is curious!  It was apparently a fan submission instead :)

KSA going to start bus tours to the monolith? :D

5 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

That is curious!  It was apparently a fan submission instead :)

KSA going to start bus tours to the monolith? :D

Nah we only do bus tours at KSC. The Monolith is its own thing now since we ceded control to religious leaders after the last big incident. Looking for some variation options in addition to our current shuttles

On 6/16/2019 at 10:40 PM, subyng said:

BUG: Wheel seems to be blocked from turning fully in certain configurations. 

https://imgur.com/a/p5hWQbt

In the first pic, you can see both front and rear wheels can turn fully. 

In the second pic, the front wheels. cannot turn as much as the rear wheels.

All steering is decided by KSP, I can't set it, it's automatic.

10 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

thanks. I tried on the official kerbalx page from the author but didn't think to just check for all grounded-tagged vehicles

I wonder why I didn't upload. Well at least it's there. That tweet photo looks cool!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 11:12 PM, Drew Kerman said:

is there a craft file floating around for this?

Ta6SUcQ.png

I don't know, but I've made something similar.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:52 PM, damonvv said:

Booster returning back for another flight!
lUCC4Zc.png

Did you actually load that onto the truck?  If so, that would be a great way to improve recovery value using KAS and the Breaking Ground Robotics (or Konstruction Robotics) to load the craft onto the truck system.

(yes i'm using comic sans just to tick people off)

Hey Blackheart, I have a problem to report. 

I've been using Airplane Plus for a few months now, and would like some appropriate ground vehicles. My problem is that when I install the mod, it installs, but the parts aren't in game. I'm using Windows 10 if it helps. Is there any way to fix this?

3 hours ago, RelicSpaceAgency said:

I've been using Airplane Plus for a few months now, and would like some appropriate ground vehicles. My problem is that when I install the mod, it installs, but the parts aren't in game. I'm using Windows 10 if it helps. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded it from spacedock and unzipped it. I then placed the file in the gamedata folder, but when I load KSP, the mod isn't there. 

I'm using macOS, and airplane plus (an AWESOME mod, thanks for making it) works on it.m1UMUxd.png

Edited by Yeet_TheDinosaur

6 hours ago, RelicSpaceAgency said:

3 hours ago, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded it from spacedock and unzipped it. I then placed the file in the gamedata folder, but when I load KSP, the mod isn't there. 

I'm using macOS, and airplane plus (an AWESOME mod, thanks for making it) works on it.m1UMUxd.png

Hmmm, I can't really be sure, have you both tried with grounded only installed? Or checked if the download isn't broken? Usual mod issues are interference by other mods. I really can't see how this one can break, technically since I don't use plug-ins. If you're both sure it doesn't work with only grounded installed and is sure that the download isn't broken, we'll explore the issue further.

I tried uninstalling AP, but now I just don't have AP. No grounded.

Outdated Mod

This mod is not known to work with the latest version of Kerbal Space Program. Proceed with caution

This is off spacedock. It says this under Grounded. I also run 1.7.2 so... maybe it needs an update? 

It turns out the mod isn't loading, as in being visible on the startup bar.

Edited by RelicSpaceAgency
Update

5 hours ago, RelicSpaceAgency said:

Outdated Mod

This mod is not known to work with the latest version of Kerbal Space Program. Proceed with caution

This is off spacedock. It says this under Grounded. I also run 1.7.2 so... maybe it needs an update? 

Thanks for using a legible font and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried a manual install?

9 hours ago, RelicSpaceAgency said:

Outdated Mod

Do you only have AirplanePlus and Grounded installed? Something is up with your install, I tested grounded on 1.7.2 and I guarantee it runs. It's outdated in spacedock because I decide it's outdated. It should be compatible now when you check it again. I'll need to see your folder structure to make sure you installed it correctly.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:07 PM, Beetlecat said:

How did I miss the 5.0 announcement! Wonderful update, @blackheart612!

Breaking ground bits will make for some interesting ground support vehicle options :)

Not to mention new ways to cram stuff in cargo bays. 

Collapsing rovers are now possible!

Maybe we should have some Breaking Ground based parts to fold up the support vehicles for transport to other planets.   Oh, and LF/OX based fuel based generators for when you get there.

We still need bigger fuel tanks and maybe some Tesla style in-frame high-capacity batteries.  The current grounded vehicles only have about a hour or two of fuel.  They need 3 hours worth minimum, and that is presuming you have KAS to do refueling.

p.s. if you want some demonstration vehicles for this, I'm game to build them.  I can then hand-edit them for cleanup.  I, of course, will need to make a KSP stock installation.

Edited by Ruedii
Add additional ideas

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 4:08 AM, Mekan1k said:

As I am using 1.7.3 now, I must say that I really want to use this... But I have no idea how to connect the parts together. 

It's relatively simple, there are three layers from top to bottom, the bottom is the chassis which connects everything. Any part with a chassis will connect to another chassis. Middle part platforms are where the top parts are attached and covers the chassis. You basically just start with the pod, get a platform then chassis and go from there. The nodes will guide the way... probably.

• 5 weeks later...

Loving this mod, been using it for ages. A suggestion, if I may? I cargo bay shaped like the science jr (with flags on the sides and all) would be a very welcome addition. Basically just the science jr but without anything inside it. Kind of a step up in size from the hatchback, in a manner of speaking. 

This may be a very random request and obviously it's pretty mundane but it's just an aesthetic thing for me personally. 

Is there any way that we could get either a light-bar on the Police car or have it interchangeable? I just like the slickness of a bar over a "gumball" and it would go better with the era that I build in.
Once again, this is obviously a weird request and is just a personal preference kinda thing, the mod is amazing and I love everything about it.  

On 8/26/2019 at 1:52 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

This may be a very random request and obviously it's pretty mundane but it's just an aesthetic thing for me personally. 

Is there any way that we could get either a light-bar on the Police car or have it interchangeable? I just like the slickness of a bar over a "gumball" and it would go better with the era that I build in.
Once again, this is obviously a weird request and is just a personal preference kinda thing, the mod is amazing and I love everything about it.  

Yes but the lights will be same color or separated left and right. I feel like I wanted to have a separate color bar lights and opted for a no deal instead during development, plus with that problem in mind, a single light is now even more practical and easy to make. If you think that having same color is fine, I'll reconsider my life choices.