[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

14 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Yes but the lights will be same color or separated left and right. I feel like I wanted to have a separate color bar lights and opted for a no deal instead during development, plus with that problem in mind, a single light is now even more practical and easy to make. If you think that having same color is fine, I'll reconsider my life choices.

Same color is fine, in my county police cars only use solid blue, while fire trucks use red. No red/blue combination. 

7 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Same color is fine, in my county police cars only use solid blue, while fire trucks use red. No red/blue combination. 

I think there should be the colour slider like we've used to see at the stock Illuminator lights.

Anyway my country's police cars used blue and sometimes yellow strobes on motorcycles IIRC.

(Seriously, I'm seeing police vehicles a lot less frequent these days)

23 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I just realized another problem that the rotators will be two. I don't think they won't be rotors anymore (I don't think it's possible to have two or it will not be intuitive if ever). Of course, if I do succeed, they'll still have color sliders. I'm not working on it right now but I was thinking of implementations in my mind. I think I have a workaround if I get to it. Im hopeful.

35 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

I just realized another problem that the rotators will be two. I don't think they won't be rotors anymore (I don't think it's possible to have two or it will not be intuitive if ever). Of course, if I do succeed, they'll still have color sliders. I'm not working on it right now but I was thinking of implementations in my mind. I think I have a workaround if I get to it. Im hopeful.

Maybe you could learn from the Aviationlights mod? They have nice flash options. 

On 8/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, FahmiRBLXian said:

I think there should be the colour slider like we've used to see at the stock Illuminator lights.

Anyway my country's police cars used blue and sometimes yellow strobes on motorcycles IIRC.

(Seriously, I'm seeing police vehicles a lot less frequent these days)

Oh my country uses two-colors all the time. But my county takes their specific instructions and orders police/fire/EMS vehicles based on their specifics. 
The USA is weird

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

On 8/29/2019 at 12:51 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

I'm not saying use the plugin, I'm saying learn from it. They have nice flash, double flash, etc that would be good for emergency lights. 

The options are only possible through plug-ins. Assuming that the implementation I have in mind succeeds, there's only one way the lights will flash. Otherwise, if it's rotor powered, it'll just spin depending on the rpm.

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

The options are only possible through plug-ins. Assuming that the implementation I have in mind succeeds, there's only one way the lights will flash. Otherwise, if it's rotor powered, it'll just spin depending on the rpm.

That's fine. Whatever you can do. 

23 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

The USA is weird

Well at least you have some rare active gems lying around on poles and rooftops.

Compared to Malaysia who just simply took the "smartphone logic" in terms of outdoor notification.

(Sorry if this got derailed. *Calls crane*)

Edited by FahmiRBLXian
Mobile keeyboard belike

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Sorry to say this but i love your mods!

That said am i missing something or is the mini tanker tank missing? Mosly asking because i can pop kernals into a tanker and refuel an existing jet for fly to X missions, but rocket tanks are slightly distracting.

You mean fuel tank? Like in the OP screenshot? That's from stock still. Grounded doesn't add its own tanks, unfortunately. I thought it'd be redundant.

No I mean like the one in the tanker van in the assembly building, but No problem though i can still use a set of stock tanks to top off my jets,. Especially since I realized I could use separators and chaining to bring in multiple crews and trailers with swapable science bits.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:54 PM, AntonMeb said:

Hi, i have a problem, always wen I have build a car and want to drive it, the wheels are kind of, stuck in the ground and it can't move, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regarding on wheels stuck in ground, I assume this is collider issues that the game detects like there's 'nothing' under your vehicle.

To fix this, you may try putting a launch clamp then move your vehicle close to the ground, that the wheels don't clip inside the ground. Or you may try using mods such as WorldStabilizer, Physics Range Extender or VesselMover.

For PRE & WS, they automatically (might) elevate then lower your craft upon loading, which frees your craff from the ground. While VM elevates and lowers your craft as well, manually. By pressing a button of course.

I just use the lift part and use those as parking breaks. It lifts the truck off the ground when used.

I built a couple of Monster kerbal rigs including a monster that’s 

semi truck cabin. 

MOLE with both Skylab solar panels and titan small 

Botany Bay w 2 titan small supply tank to keep it running and more solar panels

Mole Habitat with TSST full of duplies and enough recycling for all seats

ore tank converted to battery

titan tank converted to liquid fuel

modified liquid fuel generator that also produces water.

5 converter stacks that have converted tanks on top to receive raw materials and tanks on the bottom to catch product

ore tank stacks pre loaded with materials because Testing and did not want to be at the mercy of whatever was under KSC and 2 more Skylab solar panels 

4 drills

oh and retractable lights because I was thinking of making it a runway marker

my conclusion? Need more battery!

lord was that thing slow at turning.

i also built a science Jeep ( and school bus) and hid all of the science bits inside the passenger box.  It’s a bit crowded in there but hey! It’s got a built in microwave oven and small supply tank for nachos er supplies! 

I need to take pictures when I get home.

Edited by [email protected]

ok Picture time

rJ3a7L1.png

As for the science bus. well

IbTbwDE.png

NO those are not Decouplers and parachutes! Everyone knows buses ARE NOT AERODYNAMIC, and That is Certainly NOT a flotation device on the bus!  Thes Satelight dishes are so Jeb can watch his favorite po er movies when on the road!

(Maxim 11 and 32, granted I invoked Maxim 11 Repeatedly and now have to design a longer range carrier for it)

What no science bits you say?

pjmxsh6.png

And theres room to hide more!

Seriously there's Over engineered and then there's your trucks! Granted that thing was a DELETED REDACTED CLASSIFIED to turn!

Seriously I was Swearing like Sydney from Girl Power, and lets just say she made a sailor blush,

On 9/1/2019 at 10:54 PM, AntonMeb said:

Hi, i have a problem, always wen I have build a car and want to drive it, the wheels are kind of, stuck in the ground and it can't move, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Make sure the wheels aren't sideways. It's the same orientation as stock ones. The initial attachment is sideways.

43 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Make sure the wheels aren't sideways. It's the same orientation as stock ones. The initial attachment is sideways.

That’s one of the problems with Kerbals system. Vehicle assembly is a royal pain in the ass.

what I recommend is that you take a control cab stack, then put a frame on one end, set up wheels on that frame, then clone the wheel assembly, test that to see if it works as intended, and then repeat in VAB as needed until you have enough wheel & frames.

I've been mostly a lurker since I registered here 6 years ago, but I've been having so much fun with this mod I had to post and ad say so. I've made probably over a dozen vehicles, here are some of the more interesting ones:

eAVDgHN.png

A stanced-out Dasher from the Kord Motor Company. This one is uproarious fun. Fast enough to get some serious air off ramps, and stable enough to drift.

AcUy95g.png

Also from Kord, a 1Fifty truck. This one has been lifted.

3qJDHEH.png

Seems like a lot of people have been asking for some fuel tanker parts. I'm inclined to agree. However, in the meantime, this is the cleanest one I could design. It uses KAS for a fuel transfer hose, but I really wish that particular part was more attractive. 

Like I said, I've been having a blast with this mod, and I'm eagerly awaiting to see how it develops. My biggest grip at the moment is that there seems to be a lack of ways to add extra fuel and batteries to vehicles, at least, ways that look good. I hope in the future we can get more styles of tanks and batteries. Personally, I'd like variants of the various chassis components with built in tanks and batteries. (Visually similar to the one fuel cell in a chassis.) Maybe also fuel tanks in the same form factor as the small trunk, and a "full height" half-length tank. (I'd also really like some kind of aerodynamic spolier that fits with the mod.)

In the interim, I've created my own configs of most of the platform parts that include small amounts of liquid fuel and electric charge. I'm happy to share those, but I'm not sure what is the right way to go about doing that, or even if @blackheart612 is okay with it. It also modifies the existing platform "tops" to hold a few drops of LF and adds tops that hold EC, and an EC side tank part. I'm also working on an MFT config file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:34 PM, Blaster84x said:

@blackheart612 Can I add this mod to the CKAN? I need it for my meta/modpack... (Also, its netkan file links to SpaceDock so no maintenance required.) It's already in the repos but frozen, name is either Grounded.netkan or Grounded.frozen.

Do you need to change anything in the files? If not, you can just do as you wish no problem. I'm actually not that familiar with CKAN so I don't know what you need to do.

• 1 month later...