MOIST! Underwater Technologies

Jatwaa

1 minute ago, Fengist said:

Oh, you are asking the wrong guy.  I spent weeks on it and the best I could come up with is a 'guess.'  I can get you the code I use on my 'computer' but it's far from perfect.  I found in my subs with 1869, the best solution was to do it manually.  About the only way I know where it can be done right with code, is to have the user tell you which part is the forward and the aft. Figuring that out with code isn't always easy.  Plus, what if they have 2 of your subs welded together. Then you end up with 2 forward and 2 aft and if the user doesn't tell you which is which, it gets real messy trying to find transforms.  Plus, in my opinion, the more things you have code do, the less immersion there is.

If I were to do it again, I'd just do a UI_Float range and a few buttons. The UI range to they can adjust how much ballast goes into a tank per fixed update and 3 buttons for fill, empty and blow.

But, that's just me.

TBH, I prefer it to be manual as well. With the addition of the half ballast and half exhaust, I have been able to get near 0.01 m/s descent/ascent. It's not so bad. I may disable being able to hover over the ballast and see all the tanks. KSP chokes on it hard 

5 minutes ago, Jatwaa said:

TBH, I prefer it to be manual as well. With the addition of the half ballast and half exhaust, I have been able to get near 0.01 m/s descent/ascent. It's not so bad. I may disable being able to hover over the ballast and see all the tanks. KSP chokes on it hard 

Duno if you saw this but I'm working on some airships and learned a bit about UI's.  I'm using one to help regulate the lifting gasses.  If your'e really getting into subs, take a look at this. You may just skip the tweak UI and build you own.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I have KSP 1.4.5 and [MOIST! UWT] v1.5 says it's for KSP 1.5.1 on Spacedock, but the changelog description says it works for 1.4.2. My question is do I install [MOIST! UWT] version 1.5 or version 1.4?

Edited by sc0rch
Im trying to make it easier to read - I hope I succeeded.

Just now, sc0rch said:

Ok, so I have KSP 1.4.5 and MOIST! UWT v1.5 says it's for KSP 1.5.1 on Spacedock, but the changelog description says it works for 1.4.2. My question is do I install MOIST! UWT version 1.5 or version 1.4?

Tbh, since it's using stock modules that did not change between the two versions, it would work with either

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, aaronsta1 said:

is there any way to make the compressed liquids not weigh anything? or something? i am trying to make a rover type vehicle but when i intake liquids the craft weighs like 20,000 tons and it implodes when it hits the bottom.

You would need to close the intakes. Once closed, they no longer would increase the weight. To lighten the craft, you would need to then exhaust the ballast

11 hours ago, Jatwaa said:

You would need to close the intakes. Once closed, they no longer would increase the weight. To lighten the craft, you would need to then exhaust the ballast

ok i think i understand.. i dont need all 1000 units of compressed water to sink, just like maybe 50. 

what i was doing was just opening the intake and leaving it.. my craft would get heavy and fall apart.. lol.

First off, thank you for your hard work on this great mod! I wanted to let you know that ModManager is finding two errors in the patch file for SinkEMAll. The file is "SinkEMAll_IntakeVersion.cfg". It appears to be simple syntax errors, maybe version change related. I couldn't find a github or similar file place to try and update the file for you so I'll list the corrections below. These changes alleviate the errors in MM so it can do as intended.

Line 13 is:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]:[!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Line 13 Should be:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Line 24is:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[XenonGas]]:[!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Line 24 Should be:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[XenonGas],!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Edited by Annastasya
Grammer fixes.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:11 AM, Annastasya said:

First off, thank you for your hard work on this great mod! I wanted to let you know that ModManager is finding two errors in the patch file for SinkEMAll. The file is "SinkEMAll_IntakeVersion.cfg". It appears to be simple syntax errors, maybe version change related. I couldn't find a github or similar file place to try and update the file for you so I'll list the corrections below. These changes alleviate the errors in MM so it can do as intended.

Line 13 is:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]:[!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Line 13 Should be:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Line 24is:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[XenonGas]]:[!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Line 24 Should be:

"@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[XenonGas],!RESOURCE[CompressedLiquids]]:Final"

Interesting, then again, I need to update the MM that it is packaged with. Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, mrvice said:

Does Sinkemall and moist work togehter or do i don´t need sinkemall if moist is installed?

https://spacedock.info/mod/1717/MOIST! Underwater Technologies

https://spacedock.info/mod/1705/SinkEmAll

They work separately. Moist is for those people that don't mind adding extra parts. SinkEmAll does the same without adding parts

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 8:45 PM, Jatwaa said:

Interesting, then again, I need to update the MM that it is packaged with. Thanks for the heads up!

I finally fixed it hahaha. I need to get around to making new engines. Maybe propellers...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I found this mod on spacedock, seemed interesting.

Added it to my list of mods, but it seems to be unable to load.

Attempting to start up the game makes it hang on one of the JDSA MOISTWaterRCS parts:

[LOG 17:53:45.178] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'JDSA/MOISTUWT/MOISTWaterRCS/UWMTB/UWMT'
[ERR 17:53:45.181] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[WRN 17:53:45.182] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeLqd
[ERR 17:53:45.188] IntakeLqd not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

[ERR 17:53:45.188] Module ModuleRCSFX threw during OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleRCS.SetupPropellant (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleRCS.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 17:53:45.195] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleResourceIntake.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

In case you're interested, these are the mods I'm using (and yes, there are quite a few):

4jfzlEE.png

I was gonna upload the logs, but pastebin doesn't like them being more than 512kb in size (it's 551kb)

5 minutes ago, ThijmenDF said:

Hi,

I found this mod on spacedock, seemed interesting.

Added it to my list of mods, but it seems to be unable to load.

Attempting to start up the game makes it hang on one of the JDSA MOISTWaterRCS parts:

[LOG 17:53:45.178] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'JDSA/MOISTUWT/MOISTWaterRCS/UWMTB/UWMT'
[ERR 17:53:45.181] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[ERR 17:53:45.188] IntakeLqd not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

[ERR 17:53:45.188] Module ModuleRCSFX threw during OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleRCS.SetupPropellant (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleRCS.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 17:53:45.195] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleResourceIntake.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

In case you're interested, these are the mods I'm using (and yes, there are quite a few):

4jfzlEE.png

I was gonna upload the logs, but pastebin doesn't like them being more than 512kb in size (it's 551kb)

Interesting, something seems to conflict with IntakeLqd. I'll take a look when I get in

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 1:23 AM, mcbmaestro said:

I also cannot get the mod to load.   I also have quite a few mods.   

The game stops loading at:

...MoistwaterRCS/UWMTB/UWMT

You need to install also Community Resource Pack for MOIST to load.

Edited by OmegaForce

On 3/7/2019 at 4:23 AM, mcbmaestro said:

I also cannot get the mod to load.   I also have quite a few mods.   

The game stops loading at:

...MoistwaterRCS/UWMTB/UWMT

It should be able to bypass the CRP install, I have a resource that I use that isn't included in it (Liquids). What version of Module Manager are you using?

I am an idiot and was thinking the wrong mod and I also forgot to include CRP in the file because I pulled a dumb. I will have this corrected today. 

Edited by Jatwaa

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 10:14 AM, Eskandare said:

Great mod, I like how simple it is. I'm making a small propulsion part set for use with most submarine mods for underwater colonies and exploration, it works incredibly well with your mod.

Is that available yet?

• 1 month later...

The MOIST mode builders should be happy that there is another mod out there for them called " Water Launch sites." (Of ocurse you do have to have the latest Kerbal Konstructs Mod for that one to work.) This mode will allow you to launch either a surface vessel or an Underswater vessel from  a launch site set up jut off the coast on the breach.. you might want to check that mod out and down load it.. saves you a lot of time with Vessel mover..

Just my obbservation..

Space_Coyote

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.