[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'KHI' 2.0.11

hraban

3 hours ago, hendrack said:

Allright here is a full log @Lisias, clean KSP with only Contares and Tweakscale.  https://yadi.sk/d/LhbhHX4WBUBBrw

Yep, double (double double?) patching:

[LOG 06:45:24.125] Applying update Contares/Patches/Contares_CORE_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares/Parts/SolarPanel/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]
[LOG 06:45:24.125] Applying update Contares/Patches/Contares_CORE_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares_KHI/Parts/KhiNa/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]
[LOG 06:45:24.227] Applying update Contares_KHI/Patches/CONTARES_KHI_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares/Parts/SolarPanel/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]
[LOG 06:45:24.228] Applying update Contares_KHI/Patches/CONTARES_KHI_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares_KHI/Parts/KhiNa/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]

There are multiple instances of the same Part on two Add'Ons, I found them here:

So Module Managed did his job the way he knows: patched all parts with the same name twice per patch.

On both patches, this is what's being patched:

@PART[KhiSP_SZ]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }	
}

So, effectively, each KhiSP_SZ part is being patched as:

MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }	

The patching itself is alright IMHO - when you are the owner of the part, I usually recommend using type and defaultScale without "%" exactly to catch these mishaps (and everybody else uses the % if they want to overwrite your patches - I caught a lot of mishaps like these doing this way).

Since AFAIK we can't be sure if KSP will use the first or the second Part on the prefab (as it's obvious that both are "living" on it), I think that the best line of action if to remove KhiSP_SZ from the Core, as it's already on the KHI package.

P.S.: Are you using Hiperspace.dll ? Your KSP.log was truncate before all the TweakScale logs were written! I managed to get KhI_SP_SZ log by luck.

Edited by Lisias
hit Save too soon.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, Lisias said:

Yep, double (double double?) patching:

[LOG 06:45:24.125] Applying update Contares/Patches/Contares_CORE_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares/Parts/SolarPanel/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]
[LOG 06:45:24.125] Applying update Contares/Patches/Contares_CORE_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares_KHI/Parts/KhiNa/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]
[LOG 06:45:24.227] Applying update Contares_KHI/Patches/CONTARES_KHI_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares/Parts/SolarPanel/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]
[LOG 06:45:24.228] Applying update Contares_KHI/Patches/CONTARES_KHI_TweakScale/@PART[KhiSP_SZ] to Contares_KHI/Parts/KhiNa/KhiSP_SZ.cfg/PART[KhiSP_SZ]

There are multiple instances of the same Part on two Add'Ons, I found them here:

So Module Managed did his job the way he knows: patched all parts with the same name twice per patch.

Yes, the TweakScale definition for the KHI solar panel is from the time before the split into many single mods. This will be cleaned up with the next update. For technical reasons, a short term update is not possible.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Kerman233333 said:

Very impressive mod! But the engine does not produce smog on the launch pad (I've installed RealPlume). :confused:

This is correct, most rocket engines of the mod KHI have no "smoke" installed yet. For the stages of the rockets of the type CZ-2/3/4 I have not yet found an adequate "smoke". Don't worry, it will be delivered, it just takes time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.