PS4: Ships keeps spinning out of control, how to disable pink markers?

Hi! 

How can I disable the pink markers on the roll/pitch? I'm so frustrated, as I'm trying the docking tutorial, and I can't figure out how to turn of the pink markers that makes the ship automatically roll?!

I need to have SAS enabled at all times, or else the ship just spins around, as the orange markers snap to the pink ones, and I have to fight it.

Also, how do I thrust forwards with RCS? Isn't it R1 + L2/R2? It seems to still just rotate... The only way I found was enabling docking mode, but I never used that on the PC version, and I find it much harder to use, as you can't simultaneously adjust the ship's orientation. 

YjDzr5D.jpg

24 minutes ago, NorDemoniac said:

Thank you! Didn’t know that was a thing. 

How about RCS? How do I throttle back/forward? It’s useful for slight changes to rendezvous maneuvers. 

On Xbox you hold RB then press the axis to change translation; so for forward/back that would be RB + LT (forward). Or change to docking mode, an make sure you're in LIN mode (it's A on Xbox to toggle LIN/ROT), then use LT/RT for forward/back.

I'm sure the controls are very similar for PS4.

9 minutes ago, ruairiau said:

On Xbox you hold RB then press the axis to change translation; so for forward/back that would be RB + LT (forward). Or change to docking mode, an make sure you're in LIN mode (it's A on Xbox to toggle LIN/ROT), then use LT/RT for forward/back.

I'm sure the controls are very similar for PS4.

OK, thanks. Got a bit confused with the controls overview in-game. I'll test this at the next opportunity. 

I'm missing a full graphic overview over all the combinations of buttons... Does it exist? There was one photo over the DS4 with numbers pointing to each button, but I know where the buttons are, I'd just like a full list with all the combinations. 

8 minutes ago, NorDemoniac said:

OK, thanks. Got a bit confused with the controls overview in-game. I'll test this at the next opportunity. 

I'm missing a full graphic overview over all the combinations of buttons... Does it exist? There was one photo over the DS4 with numbers pointing to each button, but I know where the buttons are, I'd just like a full list with all the combinations. 

Not sure what you mean. If you want to see all the controls, it's in the game. There's a little icon with a joystick (next to the contracts icon, the fuel icon etc.) at the side of the screen. It lists all the controls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.