Sign in to follow this  
NorDemoniac

PS4: Ships keeps spinning out of control, how to disable pink markers?

Question

Hi! 

How can I disable the pink markers on the roll/pitch? I'm so frustrated, as I'm trying the docking tutorial, and I can't figure out how to turn of the pink markers that makes the ship automatically roll?!

I need to have SAS enabled at all times, or else the ship just spins around, as the orange markers snap to the pink ones, and I have to fight it.

Also, how do I thrust forwards with RCS? Isn't it R1 + L2/R2? It seems to still just rotate... The only way I found was enabling docking mode, but I never used that on the PC version, and I find it much harder to use, as you can't simultaneously adjust the ship's orientation. 

YjDzr5D.jpg

6 answers to this question

Thank you! Didn’t know that was a thing. 

How about RCS? How do I throttle back/forward? It’s useful for slight changes to rendezvous maneuvers. 

24 minutes ago, NorDemoniac said:

Thank you! Didn’t know that was a thing. 

How about RCS? How do I throttle back/forward? It’s useful for slight changes to rendezvous maneuvers. 

On Xbox you hold RB then press the axis to change translation; so for forward/back that would be RB + LT (forward). Or change to docking mode, an make sure you're in LIN mode (it's A on Xbox to toggle LIN/ROT), then use LT/RT for forward/back.

I'm sure the controls are very similar for PS4.

9 minutes ago, ruairiau said:

On Xbox you hold RB then press the axis to change translation; so for forward/back that would be RB + LT (forward). Or change to docking mode, an make sure you're in LIN mode (it's A on Xbox to toggle LIN/ROT), then use LT/RT for forward/back.

I'm sure the controls are very similar for PS4.

OK, thanks. Got a bit confused with the controls overview in-game. I'll test this at the next opportunity. 

I'm missing a full graphic overview over all the combinations of buttons... Does it exist? There was one photo over the DS4 with numbers pointing to each button, but I know where the buttons are, I'd just like a full list with all the combinations. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NorDemoniac said:

OK, thanks. Got a bit confused with the controls overview in-game. I'll test this at the next opportunity. 

I'm missing a full graphic overview over all the combinations of buttons... Does it exist? There was one photo over the DS4 with numbers pointing to each button, but I know where the buttons are, I'd just like a full list with all the combinations. 

Not sure what you mean. If you want to see all the controls, it's in the game. There's a little icon with a joystick (next to the contracts icon, the fuel icon etc.) at the side of the screen. It lists all the controls.

PS4 Enhanced Edition.

"Left bumper and Left stick click" will turn trim on or off...

Edited by GrouchyDevotee